SV trains

Could you describe the bigger, sir?

Okay, Jeff da Beat, I'm going to say my story. First off, are you a man or a woman, and how much do you weigh? Actually, the more appropriate question is how is your weight spread on your body?

As for SV accommodating bigger riders, I guess it depends. I didn't get the green light on the test seat, but I was a hair away from it. Of course, they were making me do it by myself.

However, on the actual ride, the seatbelt was very accomodating(it's retractible), but when I got on the actual coaster, they got my restraint down and I fit on the ride. It depends on how large your thighs are.

For me, I'm 262 lb and my thighs are medium-ish nearing larger territory, yet they made me fit. The seats were very restrictive, but it doesn't matter when you hit the airtime.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Are the shin restraints comfortable?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

It was actually a little weird, but I experienced no discomfort.

I'd rather be sailing

So Skyhawk06 did they give the restraint a shove for you? Someone said during first rider that was a big no-no.

ROUNDABOUND.

they just pushed it on. I had to do it on my own at the test seat though. When I was attempting to get on the ride, they didn't really have to shove it really. They just pushed it on me and I was in.

I'd rather be sailing

Thanks for the quick response! I'm about 6'0, 275lbs, and my pants are usually a size 40. I'm not sure how large my legs are, but I cycle a lot. I guess my weight is pretty evenly distributed, because I don't have super skinny legs. I guess I'd say they are average for a guy my size.

I may have missed this, but how does the test seat work? Does the restriction come from the seat belt (like MF) or from how far the lap bar goes down? Can you talk a bit more about the green light?

The restriction comes from how far the lap bar goes down. I was a hair away from the green light, and i told them how last year I was riding MF and TTD nonstop, and they said that even though I was a hair away from the green light, they said I could ride after I told that story.

My best advice: go to the actual coaster. The test seats are liars.

I'd rather be sailing

Someone working on Steel Vengeance correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the ride ops have a say in if you can ride. If the green light for the seat does not go on the computer won't let the train dispatch, correct?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/49/56/084d21a12d21645fd65aef1b63cd9563.jpg

Basic common sense, pete. I was able to ride.

I'd rather be sailing

Let me see if I can bridge the gap between Pete & Skyhawk06. SH6 said they told the MF/TTD story and were able to ride. Guessing you told that to the host at the test seat and they said you’d be fine on the actual train? You couldn’t get a green on the test seat but you did on the train?

That’s the exact experience I have with MF & TTD; I can’t buckle the belt on the test seat but I can ride. It takes me a minute or two to buckle the belt on the train because I can’t see what I’m doing. A ride op usually just clicks it for me. Also with Valravn, I can only buckle the big boy belt but I can ride anywhere on the actual train. I’ve found the only test seats tha are 100% accurate are GateKeeper, Raptor, and Rougarou. I have to ride in big boy seats for those, and that’s reflected with the test seat as well. Even Wicked Twister wasn’t completely legit last time I tried (2013). The test seat was missing the second buckle option. There was nobody waiting so I figured I’d give it a go. Still couldn’t ride but it was a whole lot closer than the test seat.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

That's true. I was fine on the actual train. For one thing, there's two seperate green light systems. One for the test seat, and one for the actual train. One thing I've noticed with my experience at Cedar Point is that the test seats are a bit smaller than the actual ride.

I'd rather be sailing

The ride op at the entrance won’t (can’t) prevent you from entering the line. You can tell them anything you want and they’ll let you in.

Jeff said:

Skydiver said:

Freaky? Nothing to hang onto? How many of you rode Vertigo?

Late to the party, but I did. I didn't do the weird let you tumble around program, but it was still a bit unsettling since the restraint was essentially a series of locking pins tied to a lawn tractor seat. Once was enough.

Lol! I tried them all. Oddly enough, the one that REALLY freaked me out was being launched (shot?) upside-down, then flipping right side up at the top, not the one that did the opposite, or the one that was.entirely upside down. The various modes (4) all had names, but I forget what they where. What a ride!

They were called Oh No, Oh H No, Oh S No, and Oh F No.

Well, that’s what I called em.

CPVet said:
The ride op at the entrance won’t (can’t) prevent you from entering the line. You can tell them anything you want and they’ll let you in.

Ride Op: You’re not tall enough to ride.
Guest: Yes I am.
Ride Op: Oh my bad, have a nice ride.

I can see this causing problems.

CoasterKyle1121 said:

Ride Op: You’re not tall enough to ride.
Guest: Yes I am.
Ride Op: Oh my bad, have a nice ride.

^^ Ok, my post was obviously in reference to the test seat and not the height restriction, but yes, you got me.

In my 5 years working at Cedar Point, we were never told to not allow a guest into the line if they failed the test seat. It’s up to them.

RCMAC said:

They were called Oh No, Oh H No, Oh S No, and Oh F No.

Well, that’s what I called em.

Seems to me, that's what I called them too. Rode anyway. And, yes, those would be appropriate names.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service