Next Defunct Attractions

Keep the Chausee open but charge a fee. $5.00 for chausee plus $20 for parking. Pass holders with free parking pay the $5.00 chausee fee. Causeway remains at $20 which includes a 50 cents causeway toll.

I don’t think the people living on the chausee care much about the potential fee income as much as not being able to get to their house or emergency services.

$5 fee is hardly a deterrent for a car load of people to get faster access to the park, when the park charges $140+ Per person for somewhat quicker access to some rides.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I may be wrong, but i was under the impression that the parking fees already include a Chausee toll.

Games - 1989 - Beanbag Toss/Break-a-plate

XS, I would tend to agree with you but on the Saturday From Hell the left lane was barely moving at all but the right lane was keeping a slow but steady pace around 5PM. I don’t recall any reports in that thread of what the Chausee like, but in hindsight I should have just turned around and gone back home.

Another pro tip: Fill your tank prior to your day at CP. :)

The toll booth operations were particularly atrocious in my visits this year.

Most days they had the leftmost, the RV/resort lane, closed and merging into the others. Then all traffic was getting diverted to the right towards the middle of the main lot, then a left was able to be taken at the chausee road lane to get to the resorts.

I have no idea what was going on at the booths as the lane closures seemed random and unnecessary. They also posed huge problems to large RVs to merge into those other lanes just to have to make almost impossible hard left and right turns. There’s a reason why the left RV lane stays straight to the back of the park.

New management at traffic control maybe?
I’m not sure, but it was clear that the mess at the booths was causing delayed traffic on the causeway.

DA20Pilot said:
Wildcat was located where the Gatekeeper station/lift is now, through the 1984 season.

That is the second location for Wildcat, it was originally where the Oceana stadium was.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I really hope Cedar Point would keep Thunder Canyon and do what Knotts did to their log flume and completely renovate and add new themeing. It is a perfect family attraction that everyone can ride, its fun (if you are ok with potentially getting soaked), and removing it would likely takeout a lot of trees which is what makes that area stand out.

As far as what I would like to see go? I'd like to see Kiddy Kingdom completely redone.

For the next coaster removed? I think Corkscrew.

I don't see them removing family rides like CCMR or Iron Dragon and I hope they never remove Gemini so that seems like the most logical one.

I also agree that Corkscrew is the next coaster to go.

I have faith that Iron Dragon and (hopefully) Mine Ride will stay since those two are perfect family coasters. CP could use another family coaster, especially after scrapping the underrated Disaster Transport. (I like Gatekeeper, yet it was built at the cost of a family ride). I also have a lot of faith that Gemini will stay for many years.

I also hope Thunder Canyon stays. There's no big hill on it (that's why I rode it more as a child) and both kids/adults can ride it without a problem.

Last edited by Bobb-z,

Bobb-z said:
underrated Disaster Transport.

Wow..... those are three words I never thought I’d see in the same sentence together.

We lost somewhat of a gem when Disaster Transport was taken away. The ride was indoors (great for hot days), a decent speed (40 mph is a good speed for kids, and for adults who do not wish to go 90 mph), the theming was weird but fun, and it was a family coaster.

I miss Disaster Transport... and Space Spiral, and Wildcat, and Demon Drop.

Last edited by Bobb-z,

My first trip to CP was in 2007, I never got to see DT in any sort of maintained state. It was a smelly, dirty, musty eyesore that seemed really out of place in an amazing park.

I first rode DT in 2007 as well (the year after I started riding coasters). As much as I enjoyed the ride, I agree that it was an eyesore. It's too bad that the special effects and appearance were not maintained. I would have loved to ride DT when it was brand new.

Spit said:

I may be wrong, but i was under the impression that the parking fees already include a Chausee toll.

Causeway toll but you pay it whether you use the causeway or the chausee.

Bobb-z said:

I like Gatekeeper, yet it was built at the cost of a family ride.

... What family ride outside of Disney costs 30 million freaking dollars?!?! It had the worlds largest inversion lol.

The "cost" implied was the removal of a family ride. Not the dollars spent on GateKeeper.

Maverick since '99

OK my bad CP Maverick. They removed a ride that looked like a 12 story warehouse that leaked water into the largest winged coaster in the world with the largest inversion. That and it turned the mediocre entrance that then existed at CP and turned it into what it is now.

Correct, CP Maverick. That's what I meant by the word "cost".

Gatekeeper is still a family ride.

MichaelB said:

Gatekeeper is still a family ride.

Too bad you have to be at least 52 inches to ride Gatekeeper. To me, Cedar Point needs more 42 inch - 48 inch friendly rides. They removed a 46 inch ride to build Gatekeeper, and raised Iron Dragon from 46 inches to 48 inches a few years ago. In my opinion, CP should invest in more rides that kids 42 - 48 inches can ride (for those that are past Planet Snoopy rides, but yet not 48 inches for the "big rides").

The difference with Gatekeeper is that it's not as easy of a ride for timid kids and timid adults to take on. Though the ride is VERY smooth, it reaches a speed of 67 mph and goes upside down 6 times. Not everyone can go that fast or handle that many (if any) inversions.

Family rides like Iron Dragon, Mine Ride, and the late Disaster Transport have that family-friendly speed and no inversions, making them easier than Gatekeeper, Raptor, Rougarou, and so on.

Last edited by Bobb-z,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service