Steel Vengeance

Siouxsie said:

Steel Vengeance is a very generic typical roller coaster name, something you might save for a place like Kennywood. But with all the hype and records being broken, I cannot believe a group of people said: "Yeah, let's name our new record breaker 'Steel Vengeance'. It sounds an 80's Steven Segal movie title. I'll just continue to call it New Mean Streak.

Wow, you're a buzzkill.

Do you ever not complain about something Cedar Point related? I don't think I've ever seen one positive post from you about anything in the park.

I'm not saying everything has to be rainbows and kittens, but holy hell, lighten up a bit.

They also announced a free Planet Coaster update available via Steam at 12:31 featuring Steel Vengeance.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Sparty42 said:

Wow, you're a buzzkill.

Do you ever not complain about something Cedar Point related? I don't think I've ever seen one positive post from you about anything in the park.

I'm not saying everything has to be rainbows and kittens, but holy hell, lighten up a bit.

I like the cow at the petting zoo. So there :-b

Wow the third lap in the structure has left me speechless. Bravo Cedar Point. Bravo RMC!

KD had some stills. That was it.

What I'm interested to see that they didn't show today is the surrounding area. Where's the entrance? What are they doing with the infield? Are they making any other renovations to Frontier Town?

I understand that today was mostly for cap ex announcements, as that's what they did at KD and will continue to do throughout the day at KBF and CGA. I'm curious about what else is in store for this area.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the animation

Me likie.
Thanks, CP and RMC!

Sparty42 said:

What I'm interested to see that they didn't show today is the surrounding area. Where's the entrance? What are they doing with the infield? Are they making any other renovations to Frontier Town?

I understand that today was mostly for cap ex announcements, as that's what they did at KD and will continue to do throughout the day at KBF and CGA. I'm curious about what else is in store for this area.

From the POV (pause at 2min mark) it looks like the entrance is in nearly the same spot and the queue will take over the current haunts queue.

After a closer look is seems that the render isn't a final look of the area as the track appears to be maybe 7ft above the entrance path

Last edited by Dead Sexeh,

Impressed. Very Impressed. The layout, trains, elements, and even that animation are so sick

Not a complaint but just rather surprised they went with that name.. I absolutely love it, I get the point made above about it being a name that Kennywood would use....Pretty much did - (Steel) Phantoms Revenge.

May cant come soon enough.

Hail RMC,CP

argues just for clicks

This coaster looks absolutely amazing. I can say nothing else about it. Ready for 2018 to get here already.

At least it's not as corny as.... Millennium Force...lol

I have to agree with the amazing quality of the video, the only thing to make it more realistic would be to add some seagull poop scattered around.

I noticed in one of the renderings of the trains that the lap bar had a leg restraint similar to what you see on the Mummy at universal. This makes me excited! Those leg restraints to me were fairly nice and way better than a bar.

argues just for clicks

Pete said:
They also announced a free Planet Coaster update available via Steam at 12:31 featuring Steel Vengeance.

My son is already playing it! Very excited about this!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I was really hoping that the restraints wouldn't ruin the coaster and make it painful like so many other. So far, I'm not disappointed! I cannot wait to ride this!

The new RMC trains look interesting too. It appears as if the seats float on a pivot above a separate chassis.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Looks great. 2018 is going to be fun.

That second half of the ride looks absolutely crazy.

Giant Wheel alum from a loooong time ago.

I wish Planet Coaster was available for Mac...

With the months/year of hype, this announcement did not disappoint. The POV is simply breathtaking. May can not get here fast enough!

The name is fine with me and I love the little back story created with Maverick. Now I am perfectly complacent with Steel Vengeance for 2018, I'm curious to see if there are any other enhancements to Frontiertown. I doubt the haunt will go away in the midfield given there's a new haunt in that building for this season.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service