RMC Mean Streak Preview Contest "Spoilers"

Y'all won the contest and got some things to share? I reckon this is the place to post 'em.

NOTE: If you don't want to learn anything from the preview, stop reading. This thread may contain spoilers.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Ryan Carpenter stated on a youtube video that there is yet another overbanked wave turn and an inversion under the structure between hills 3 and 2. He also stated that the return to station leg involves a double up. I was kinda hoping for a few left to right to left banked lateral hops.

Last edited by jo linn,

Are there actually any details to share? Anyone can go to the park and see most of the layout.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Yes, in fact there are new details to share hence why this thread has been created.

For instance, we now know there will be four inversions (I've also heard five, but that fifth inversion might just be a mere overbank), and there will be no pre-drop element of any kind, à la Outlaw Run. I think it's also finally safe to completely rule out that the ride will feature a launch at any point, be it on the lift hill or elsewhere.

Where's Ryan Carpenter's video? I don't see it on his channel.

he was interviewed by these two

iI you youtube search "rmc mean streak" , you can add the filter for just videos made today. That will be a good way to stay on top of any new videos.

Last edited by jo linn,

The more I think about the video that was shown at the sneak peak , I believe there are four inversions and the fifth that I thought was an inversion was probably more of an extremely banked turn. It was so fast it was hard to tell exactly. Wish there were more spoilers to share.

Last edited by cubby24,
YouTube channel: The Chain Lift

I watched the POV today and there were 4 inversions. Not 5. I think someone mistook an overbanked turn for an inversion. No stall. No pre drop...lift goes up to drop what seemed straight down. Flew through the MCBR. Tried to look at the surroundings but not much to see. The building in the infield was there and the train and track crossing were the same as it was before. That could have been omitted on purpose, who knows. Lots of head choppers, obviously, and great low to the ground, through the structure movements. And this should go without saying. No launch anywhere. This is going to an amazing coaster. I'm grateful for admission being paid for but honestly, not much to gleam from that video. Maybe it's all a ruse. And they're just messing with us.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

My biggest concern was speed. Does it just float through that second hill and outward banked turn, like how elements are on Valravn and Gatekeeper, or is there some good speed through those elements? Also on the third lap, is it fast going through it even with the MCBR?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Great speed throughout. No laboring through the elements like GK or Valravn.

Joe

And that would be true RMC style.
I think about Lightning Rod a lot and how the unrelenting speed throughout was almost too much to bear at once. It has high stuff and low stuff and there was absolutely no slower pacing to it whatsoever. I think this ride will be all those things, plus inversions.

On Friday I took a good long stare at MS and there is an awesome looking overbank on the station end of the ride just before the third lap begins. It's kind of buried deep in wood and the angle makes it even harder to see. It's a high, beautiful turn that will no doubt send the train into the final inversions and air time hills with great speed. It seems to *almost* invert, and this may be the spot where viewers of the video were confused.

On Friday I talked to a guy I know at the park and while he didn't have any info (I didn't ask for any) he mentioned that some that had seen the POV already reported a slight nauseous feeling just from watching. Hoo boy!

There weren't any looks at the trains, were there?

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Did they let you watch the video more than once?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I wasn't there, but I know the answer. No.
They got what was promised, one look at the POV. That was it. No talking, no Q&A, before or after, no other info.
We wait til Wednesday.

Oddly enough, no trains. Could not see what we were "sitting in" nor were there any other trains running the course as we made our lap.

Joe

I saw the POV today as well. I was shocked at the airtime over the first two hills. The speed reminded me of Maverick's first airtime hill but much more aggressive. The speed through inversions 1 and 2 were insane. The second inversion almost looked dangerous. Anyone worried about speed after the mcbr should rest assured that you will be flying through the brake run and everything following it. The thing that surprised me the most was the very end, the finale if you will. It feels like everything flows and is very deliberate and graceful through the entire ride and after the fourth inversion all hell breaks loose. It's just a crazy mess of track. Not in the spaghetti bowl sense, but just up and down and possibly outward banking very low to the ground and just flying over the last two bunny hills into the brake. I feel like people are going to look like cowboys on a bucking bronco over those last few hops. I'm guessing the end of this coaster and a bucking horse at a rodeo will have an identical feeling. I hope the ending is not as rough as it looks in the video. So for any of you who were wondering, Cedar Point threw in a kitchen sink, and it's glorious. I feel like I witnessed an "event" of epic size today. There is no doubt in my mind that this coaster will be the most aggressive in the park. If it had a score to settle with Maverick, it won and I have not even ridden it yet.

Last edited by Final Force 505,

Also, that overbanked turn inside the structure sure looked like an inversion, but I could see how it would not be classified as one. It may not be an official inversion but you are going to feel upside down if it is any indication from watching the POV.

Does anybody who saw the video have NoLimits? :P

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service