Other New Additions for 2018

I'll concede those are precedents, but the newest (1976) is 40+ years old. I think a better precedent is the upgrade of the Gemini Midway. including adding both Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles--plus renaming Jr Gemini.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

^In CP's opinion Pipe Scream is a coaster. But it's nowhere near an investment on the scale of RMC Mean Streak.

Is this new midway supposed to wrap around Gemini? I am unsure of where this midway is going to connect to?

Maverick. All day. Everyday.

The only place I could see it connecting would be where the bathrooms by Slingshot are.
There's an awful lot of Backstage along the route of where this proposed new midway may go, along with train tracks. This combined with the P&D building, fire/ems, and the massive dumpsters that are located there for hotel, cottage and RV trash collection, I just don't see this happening. The 'dead end' may seem an oddity now, but with creative design it could be utilized in a much more effective way.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Connecting there would be cool. How cool would it be to go around the outside of Gemini and cut through the far end of Gemini. There is a spot we walked through during winterchill out. Think they would do something like that. It would be sorta similar to corkscrew going over midway?

I would just hate to see any part of Boneville removed for a midway on that side of the tracks. Tree removal would be inevitable, but there seems to already be a service road through there, so maybe even the trees could largely remain intact.

If they go outside and around Gemini Boneville would be saved!

You mean through that parking lot that's usually full? And no where near FT? Can we keep these "suggestions" firmly based in reality? It's not a wish list. It seems as you're just throwing things out there. And you seem to assume there IS going to be a new midway. Is there something I missed?

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

vwhoward said:

You mean through that parking lot that's usually full? And no where near FT? Can we keep these "suggestions" firmly based in reality? It's not a wish list. It seems as you're just throwing things out there. And you seem to assume there IS going to be a new midway. Is there something I missed?

I am not the only one talking about another midway. If you read other posts. Do you know grasp the idea of what forums are? I guess not. Its all speculation and throwing around ideas. No one wants a party pooper sir.

I would agree that routing the midway through Perimeter Road qualifies as unrealistic, to say the least.

Brandon

Oh well, I said it. Better throw a fit about it! I also did not say through. If you keep it close enough to Gemini maybe a slight re-rout of the roadway. Its highly unlikely I know but that's what we are here for. Relax and have some fun. No need to be a sourpuss.

Last edited by Chrismiller443,

Pointing out that your idea is poorly thought out is not "throwing a fit".

Brandon

You are not the only one talking about a midway, I'll concede that. However, you do seem to just throw things out you think would be cool. And I do know how these forums work. Do you? You also seem to be the only one quoting the posts directly above yours, which is terrible when it comes to reading these forums. If you'd like to open a new topic to discuss what you'd like (see Wish List) instead of things that actually could happen, feel free. I'll know to avoid said topic. I've definitely heard the chatter about a possible new midway area, but most seem to be intelligent, coherent thoughts. Not just "Wouldn't it would be cool if..."

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Oh my goodness. I guess I should be blocked from the page throwing out an idea of a midway. Get over your self and move on. What is it with people and wanting to hound and hound. Jesus...get a life?

Maybe you're taking this too personal... Someone pointing out a reason why a proposal may not be realistic is not an attack on you. The problem with written posts is its black and white and you tend to read the emotion into them that you perceive , not what was intended. Some people write bluntly and others write colorfully.

I'm on the side of speculation should be based in what could actually happen and not be cool wish lists, otherwise its just not a good read. Some of the posts that show why something is unlikely to happen can be very educational and you can learn about the parks abilities and tendencies.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

ok. moving on from this then.......................please dear god. Go Tribe.

I bet you're just a boatload of fun at parties.

But seriously, there is a way for there to be a midway that stretches from Slingshot past Boneville to the former entrance for Mean Streak.

The park would need to move P&D and the other offices, but it is plausible. Probable? I'm not sure. There's a lot that would need to happen in the offseason for that to take place. I've been on the side that thinks there could be more to that side of the tracks this offseason, but it all depends on how they want to juggle everything.

But going around Gemini on what is currently the outside of the park wouldn't be plausible. There's literally no other way to connect it at the other end near Witch's Wheel.

P.S. Saying "Go Tribe" doesn't remotely change the subject in a roller coaster speculation forum. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited by Sparty42,

Yeah you are right. Walking through there during winterchill out there wasn't anywhere to connect it. Sorry to get side tracked. Hey you haven't partied with me sir.....f you did you might not be standing after. #Campustown #Buckeyes. So can we all get along now? haha

Go Tribe.

Gold track is on my cool wish list.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I think a midway could be possible. The P&D building could easily be relocated elsewhere. And it has been brought up in the past that a new gate for Lighthouse Point guests could be put in that area. And they could even move the bathroom building as part of the renovation of the area. Nice new bathrooms would be a welcome addition.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service