FunPix details

Hopefully as this offer evolves they will have more photo opportunities like these. There does seem to be an over abundance of photographers at the front entrance at times - but that IS where most people come in. With varying generations possibly having different park priorities, it's the best place for the photographers to be sure that they get an entire family together for a group photo before they split up and go their separate ways!

Before FunPix, I considered the front gate photo a necessary evil - a sales pitch that I wasn't interested in, but still posed for the photographer doing his or her job (rather than ignore them and keep walking like many others do). I knew I was not going to buy them since this was not a one time trip to the park . With FunPix, I gladly stop and let them take whatever shots they want -- even though they are likely repetitive of the same shots I likely got a few days before.

Getting other shots around the park would be nice, but I've never encountered photographers anywhere else myself, and I keep forgetting about that barrel selfie photo stand. I wonder if they might implement a few more of those around the park?

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Rusty said:

So I did the season Fun Pix pass this year and have accumulated about 60 photos over the summer. I looked on the web site to see how long the photos will be available and read the following on the FAQ:

For Single Day Pass holders, FunPix photos will be available for 30 days. For All Season Pass holders, FunPix photos will be available until the end of the season.

So I am going to pull all of these off the app sometime this month, but does anybody know = will the photos be wiped on the morning of October 31st? The FAQ only says until the end of the season... I guess I'll just have to wait and see and make sure to get any last weekend photos off the app right away just to be safe.

FWIW, as of today, my funpix photos are still available online and through the phone app.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Knott's Berry Farm currently has FunPix, so I would imagine that the website (which appears to be shared between the parks) won't dump everyone's saved photos until at least "the end of the season" for this park, December 31st, 2016. To get the true answer, I sent an e-mail to the FunPix customer service team to see when exactly they will expire--I'll let everyone know when they get back to me. Of course, I would download your photos ASAP, just in case this doesn't hold true for Cedar Point's photos.

On another note, the FunPix system is going to be park-neutral next season for the Season Photo Pass (i.e. you will be able to use your CP Season FunPix at the 7 other Cedar Fair parks that will offer it--FunPix is not chain-wide just yet), so IMO it will gain a whole lot more value for the cost, especially since Kings Island is close enough for CP Platinum Passholders to visit once or twice per season. (I would have loved to use my FunPix pass when I went there this season!) What's strange though is that the park website's FunPix FAQ specifically mentioned this in a question (Can I use my FunPix card at other Cedar Fair parks?), answering simply by saying, "Not in 2016." I suppose they needed time to work out the kinks before they linked the parks' photo systems together. On the whole though, I've really liked the system this season--I just wish the images weren't in that strange 6x8 format they love to use! Lol.

Last edited by bootymix96,

I will agree that I liked the FunPix option. I used it at Carowinds when I went in March, and found it very convenient. The only issue I experienced was some of the pictures, I unknowingly selected the wrong picture, so once I went on the website, the frame totally covered up my friends and I. I also enjoyed having the season long FunPix at Cedar Point, whenever I had friends or family come to the park, I could get all of our pictures for a very low cost. Great way to remember the day

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

The FunPix operators got back to me, and here's the official status on the photos' erasure: "The park has requested that the images expire 30 days after the season ends, but our system has currently not been set up to remove the images. To be on the safe side I would make sure everything is downloaded, but as far as we know they are not currently set to expire." So, make sure to download your photos before November 30th, 2016, just in case the erasing system will be in place for that deadline. Hope that helps clear things up.

bootymix96 said:

On another note, the FunPix system is going to be park-neutral next season for the Season Photo Pass (i.e. you will be able to use your CP Season FunPix at the 7 other Cedar Fair parks that will offer it--FunPix is not chain-wide just yet), so IMO it will gain a whole lot more value for the cost, especially since Kings Island is close enough for CP Platinum Passholders to visit once or twice per season.

It was pretty obvious from their "Not in 2016" comment in the FAQs that this would eventually be possible. We went to three different Cedar Fair parks in 2016, so this option would have been VERY beneficial to us this past year. I wonder though how much the cost will increase with it being cross-park available. The 2016 price for the full season was a great deal for us with how often we visited.

I've already purchased the 2017 FunPix pass as an add-on to my platinum pass, and it was the same cost as it was during this season, $49.95. It's definitely gained a lot more value for that cost with the new park-neutrality, though I wonder if the cost may go up once the season starts, like what happened this year. However, the other parks using FunPix besides Cedar Point appear to be offering the 2017 FunPix pass for $44.95. Maybe the higher cost is because we have more ride photos available at our park? Strange.

That's good to know, thanks. I'll have to see if I can scrounge up that much and buy a 2017 FuxPix soon!

Before I left KI yesterday I stopped at the FunPix booth to scan the card with the QR code the entrance photographers hand you. They issued me a new Platinum Pass that now has a QR code on the back that I can supposedly hand directly to a photographer so there is no need to return to a booth later in the day. Nice touch. Incidentally the new pas has a new CF logo on the front.

Still a bit leary that the transfer process will be successful so will build a few extra minutes into the schedule on my next visit for a stop at Guest Services if it got screwed up. Half the times I scanned my card for the new drink plan yesterday it popped up as invalid, but the associates said they could see the plans on the cards so always gave me cups anyway.

Is the all-season FunPix tied to your Platinum Pass and good at all Parks (like meal & drink plans) or is it purchased per park?

ROUNDABOUND.

Yes, but the park has to offer FunPix in the first place, which a few still don't yet (Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair, Michigan's Adventure, and Dorney Park). For these other parks, the photos are the old non-internet-connected system from before FunPix was introduced.

Oh, and all my pics from last season are still there.

The system at KI for Mystic Timbers isn't working perfectly yet but *sometimes* you get a short video of your train rolling through the shed. It showed up 1 out of 2 rides for us.

Maybe they will do the same thing with MS 2.0?

bootymix96- Yes, it works across the chain (where applicable)? Or yes, you have to buy it at each park?

ROUNDABOUND.

Works at all CF parks that start with a C or K. The others are not FunPix parks, one all season FunPix pass is all you need for the c&k parks. The others parks are individual.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

What Cargo Shorts said--sorry for the confusion. Honestly, it doesn't surprise me that the photos were never erased; like Jeff said last season, internet space is very affordable nowadays, and since the FunPix customers paid for the service, it seems somewhat cheap to erase the photos they collected, IMHO.

Funpix seems to be going better so far this year. All of my photos showed up without having to keep track of all the numbers and times like early last year. But the price has suddenly jumped to $64.99. Glad I got mine while it was still $49.99 at Kings Island a few weeks back.

Glad I got mine last year at the beginning of the season for $34.99 and there's absolutely nothing different to get a picture on this year. So there's $64.99 I can drop at Surf Lounge instead.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Oh, I have an update from my previous post with regards to the updated Platinum Pass with the QR code and no bar code. None of the kiosks would scan my card and had to hand it to a host to link up, also none of my photos from Sunday were showing up in the app. One host said my account was not linked up but didn't have a clue how to fix it, but found one at the next ride I found a more knowledgeable host that noticed my account was not linked to my email address and was able to fix it. From there on the kiosks scanned my QR code and the app was populated with the new photos.

having issues the past several days to https://myfunpix.com to download my pictures from Saturday. Anyone else having the same issue? I tried on the app, but it wont let me download the picture, only as a. Txt format

Last edited by cp kid,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service