Who IS Mean Streak Henry?

^HAH

Speaking of Star Trek, this popped into my feed the other day, I think it's worth sharing. It's old, but it checks out

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Full disclosure: some might call me a Star Trek geek. (While Star Trek TOS is great, DS9 is the best series; ENT was mostly not good but their Mirror Universe episodes were wonderful.)

I haven't seen that clip, thanks for sharing it!

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I always loved how Mean Streak Henry is fine with whatever happens and he actually somewhat likes the idea of RMC, as long as he can continue his count from where he left off. He is more accepting of RMC than some other enthusiasts I've talked to. Which is frankly hilarious.

noggin said:

Full disclosure: some might call me a Star Trek geek.

Obligitory GIF ;). It's all good though. Trekkies are Trekkies. Star Wars guys are..whatever :P. I'm a Tron guy. What we all like is exactly that.

Until it becomes obsession. Then the above quote to a certain enthusiast following in the footsteps of older enthusiasts comes into place :P

^ You're Tron Man?! I've seen you on the Internets

LMAO! I almost spat up my Gatorade.

The worst part is you eyes get inevitably drawn towards the off center bulge..Oh please someone pass the bleach

I didn't notice the bulge until you mentioned it, and now I can't help noticing it. Thanks :-p

I'm surprised your vivid imagination missed it ;)

To be fair, Tron man is hardly Channing Tatum.

But Channing Tatum...as Tron man, there's a thought

Channing Tatum as Tron Man.... excuse me for a few minutes.

I shouldn't tell you to also watch This is The End. There's quite the scene with him towards the end of the movie haha

thedevariouseffect, you are a bad influence!

<off to ebay to find This Is The End... >

I just picture:

The scene is on Youtube, he's only in the movie maybe 20 seconds, but it's hilarious

After reading this entire thread this morning I have decided to come out of retirement to tell a story from Friday night. I had never heard of or seen any of the folks mentioned in this thread.

Born and raised in Sandusky so I've been on pretty much every CP ride a hundred times. But I was a kid when Mean Streak debuted and rode it a bunch with now-deceased relatives so for nostalgia sake decided to be there for its closing.

We made it through obscenely long security lines and got in line just outside Lusty Lil's for one final ride on the woodie. There were probably a 20-30 people behind us before they officially closed it off. Eventually we made it into the station and I opted to head for a seat in the back. There were already dozens of people lurking on the back wall trying to be on the final train.

As I moved to get in line for the last seat, a slim older gentlemen with glasses and a shorter more rotund lady were kind of standing at the entrance of that last seat que. They appeared grumpy and confused about something. I politely asked if they were waiting for the back seat and the man literally grabbed my shoulder and forced me by them into the line while the woman bellowed "NO NO JUST GO WE ARE WAITING."

As the tension of gamesmanship and strategy of being in the final car mounted (we didn't care, we just wanted one last ride and a pin as we were overdue for some Happy Friar's), the same couple began to speak in much louder tones. Eventually they realized what was happening to they got in line right behind us. The ride ops made the fateful announcement "we will only be running three more trains," and that meant the cut line was right behind us.

People who had been waiting to be on the final train begrudgingly began to fill into the middle seats as the couple behind me literally howled and complained with non-library voices at no one in particular. I was waiting for them to spin me around and demand their spot in line back. It surprisingly never happened. The couple - who I now know as Ron and Gatekeeper Peg - eventually filed into a car a couple rows ahead of me. Mean Streak Henry rolled out on the second-to-last train ever run as Peg bellowed in vain (even as the train had started its departure) for someone to give up their seat on the final train for him.

Anyway, it was cool for a local boy to be part of history. And even more exciting four days later to learn the identities of the charmingly eccentric couple who made it happen.

Oh, sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

Brandon

Those 2 are harmless and usually polite. Though, Peg is a bit eccentric and it can be hard to have a conversation with. Ironically, if you only knew her on Facebook, you would never expect her to be the way she is in person. Online, she makes very coherent and intelligent posts.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

What a great write up. Thanks for sharing Jim Joyce.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Thanks Brandon, you learned me a new word today.
-pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

Having been in line by him for TTD near closing my fair share of times, I can't say that "TTD Ron" is either harmless or polite. Loud and smelly much better describes the experience.

-Tyler A-

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service