Who IS Mean Streak Henry?

I'm a 'single rider' and I know most of them,fortunately I REFUSE to act like them. MS Henry(Italked to him at MS yesterday evening,he's up to 15,800 MS rides now. MS Henry and Ralph(he's a Magnum addict) are great guys,not pushy or abusive to the queue line people waiting. The one you got to watch out for are Chris,Ron,Dave,Kenny.they'll start squeezing thru lines to find an open single rider seat. Kenny's young and he learning the bad habits. When I'm late evening riding TTD,I'll wait at the back rail and wait for a ride op to call out for a single rider. The queue line people always make way to let me thru as they've been instructed to do so by the ride op. If I see a single rider(that there's nobody behind) in queue line,I ask may I join you. It's always interesting to talk to them,where they're from,1st time on TTD?

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

I'm thinking about having a shirt made as well, but why stop there? How about an entire outfit, with a name like "Super Single Rider." Wait a minute, that reminds me of someone....

Were any of these nicknames given to them and the name stuck or did they all just name themselves and decide that they were going to be known that way?

Dennis Urban said:

The one you got to watch out for are Chris,Ron,Dave,Kenny.they'll start squeezing thru lines to find an open single rider seat. Kenny's young and he learning the bad habits.

Yes, yes, yes, and YES. I don't know how many times I've walked into the TTD station late at night to see these guys brush past me, yelling at each other from across the station and then find a single rider, only to hear the crew call out for one in a better row and they explode in a dead sprint through a crowded station through the gate. Then once the line closes they line up outside the exit hoping for the last train to have empty seats so they can fill the train. I doubt any of them were given their little nicknames by anyone of importance - I don't think anyone at the park outside of their group really cares about their little endeavors. I always see them with the Ride Crew hoodies for that year too - I'm not sure how they manage to get their hands on those. They probably pay the crew members for them or something.

-Tyler A-

It's the celebrity equivalent of Kardashians. Famous for no good reason and the majority of people can't stand them.

I think everyone calls Single Rider 2 stinky. It just fits.

Also, it's creepy as hell, if you look at the Millennium Walkback pictures, you can see them in so many pictures, with the same clothes, and sometimes you can see them get dirtier and dirtier..it's bad.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I wear the same shorts every time I go because of my custom pocket but I have this thing at home called a clothes washer and I know how to use it ;) My shirt changes every trip. I've never gotten close enough to any of them to have a reasonable whiff except Henry. He passed the whiff test but one of the others I see frequently just looks like I don't want to stand too close.

^You're awesome :P

On a side note, just got moved into the new house. Yay homeowner status? Anyways..having your own washer and dryer is fantastic. Instead of two-three large ridiculous heaping loads. I just take a day or two, wash it while I work on other projects in the house, come back & hang them.

No paid coin laundry, no community washers, no waiting for other people in the apartment to clear out the dryers, etc.

Perfect.

No other people in the complex taking your clothes out of the dryer and using your quarter to dry their laundry and leaving yours in a wet heap on the floor...Yay home ownership indeed! At least I had the option of taking it to Grandma's house which was convenient because I was going to go there anyway. Even without that luxury so long as there's running water you probably have a tub and some soap and with a little bit of work that also creates clean clothing. I learned that from Grandma. I think lots of people out there didn't spend enough time with their Grandmas and now we have to smell them.

Dennis Urban said:

I'm a 'single rider' and I know most of them,fortunately I REFUSE to act like them. MS Henry(Italked to him at MS yesterday evening,he's up to 15,800 MS rides now. MS Henry and Ralph(he's a Magnum addict) are great guys,not pushy or abusive to the queue line people waiting. The one you got to watch out for are Chris,Ron,Dave,Kenny.they'll start squeezing thru lines to find an open single rider seat. Kenny's young and he learning the bad habits. When I'm late evening riding TTD,I'll wait at the back rail and wait for a ride op to call out for a single rider. The queue line people always make way to let me thru as they've been instructed to do so by the ride op. If I see a single rider(that there's nobody behind) in queue line,I ask may I join you. It's always interesting to talk to them,where they're from,1st time on TTD?

My last two years of working at the park (2013 and 2014), I worked in admissions. Some days I would work at Resort Gate. Henry is super friendly. When it was a little slower, it would stop for 1 1/2 to say what number he was on and / or what his lifetime number was. Kenny seems to be one of those annoying know it alls.

Kenny also creeps me out..like

Creepy Steve Bushcemi..

My opinion of coaster enthusiasts in general includes the belief that we're among the mis-fittiest of them all. (*Except* - over the July 4th weekend I attended a convention where we shared a hotel and meeting space with the Pokemon card game nation championship guys, and they were... um... well,... let's just say they have us beat by a mile. )

Anyway, I've seen and observed the Single Riders and I've rolled my eyes too, along with many others in line. One night while waiting for TTD some guy hit some big milestone number on his tally. There was a little platform celebration, including on-board photos with the ride crew and his own little entourage, while he held up a tiny sharpie-drawn cardboard sign. And I thought, "Well, bless their hearts anyway."
Point is, it's important. And maybe to no one else on earth, but it is to them. Call it their compulsion, or an obsession that has taken over, but I decided there and then to try to be a little less judgy about it. The ride crew really shined at that moment-they took a minute to honor and recognize a fan then went back to being efficient and productive.
Every hobby has it's share of super fans, complete with rudeness and stinkiness I imagine, but as with all things in life, it takes all kinds, right?

Yes, I realize that it is important to them. They really like Cedar Point, their rides, the amusement park culture. I get that. It's the part of being rude, pushing and shoving, being a knowing-it-all, getting that one last ride, that is the annoyance of them. The also need to know what a shower / what laundry machines can do to dirty clothes (cough, cough Single Rider 2)....

Last edited by Smiley5129,

Anyone see "woo man" anymore?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Rick Flair is still alive?

To backtrack a bit, I also never once had an issue with Rotor Fred. Over the years I became friendly with him at both Geauga Lake and later Conneaut Lake. While he did have reride privileges in the original Geauga Lake and then the Six Flags era, he never asked for or demanded them - it was the prerogative of the park to offer it. Any time he was asked to disembark a ride and re enter the line, he did so with no complaint. He was a quiet, friendly guy who never pushed or shoved like some of the folks at CP. If you got to know him, he was actually a very kind and even kind of witty and funny guy. The last time I saw him was July 4th weekend in 2006 when we rode the Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake together. I hope he is well, wherever he is today.

Alive, well, stylin' and profilin'. His daughter was women's champion until recently.

Also, congratulations on the house. :D

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Now THAT is a good picture. Thanks for sharing Dennis. I can only imagine what conversation is being had at that moment.

I'm storing that one in the future meme collection.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Wonder how these other rides feel that don't have a rider.

Gotta start Ocean Motion Jo-Shin.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service