FunPix details

Bret said:
I'm on an iphone. Is android in the same spot?

Yes, no updated app yet for Android.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Bret said:

The app was saying 75 minutes for Diamondback when the line was 10 at the most

Was it near the end of the night by chance? Crews are known to inflate the wait on popular rides near closing time so they don't have a huge line to get through at the end of the night when all their friends are already on their way to the bar. :)

-Matt

No, this was in early afternoon. lol

I bought it for this year to see if I like it. For $40 it seems like it would be worth a try this year. If I don't like it, or think it's not worth it, at least I'll know firsthand.

Is anyone else having issues with pictures missing or pictures that are of your feet instead of what you chosed on the kios. I'm missing all 5 of my valravn pictures from today and gatekeeper's picture is of my feet not the picture I picked

Where can you buy Funpix at the park? I may buy this add-on when I'm there tomorrow. Do I do it at the season pass center or at a kiosk?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Cpkid, I am also missing my Valravn picture, which has me a little sad because I wanted my first on-ride photo. Oh well...

Thabto, the way they're advertising it, it looks like you can order Funpix at any photo location. I had already purchased my FP online. Magnum's on-ride photo booth set up my account. I had (and apparently you need) the voucher, even though it says it's already added to your pass. The girl who did mine was surprisingly well-trained on the system. They have converted the capturing memories (I think it was called something like that) booth near Skyride to a FunPix booth. I would imagine that you can get FP set up there as well.

Last edited by acole5292,

So it turns out that valravn's kiosk is not working right, I asked some guy that had cedar fair supervisor on his shirt. None of my valravn pics I did on the machine was put on my card. I had to go to the desk and the guy had to do it. Same way with Magnum. Rougarou was worse, they took your picture, but no one was there, they could of at least left the kiosk out for us to use. I have six cards that I scanned from midway camera people, none have pictures on them. Seems like there's a major issue with the system.

Last edited by cp kid,

Agreed. Neither my picture from the first rider benefit is on there nor mine with my son on Woodstock Express. The card was scanned and my account activated but no pictures.

Last edited by mgou58,

Regarding on ride photos, the missing pictures are gone unless you remember the picture number and day. The same problem happened with me and others yesterday so I complained to guest services. When someone with authority finally showed up, he explained that it is not a system issue, it's a training issue and the employees were going to be re-trained on the process. I asked him how can I verify the employee is doing it right before I walk away. He said the problem is they are not linking the photo with the buyers Funpix account. He said they are supposed to scan the barcode on the pass or card, THEN link the photo to that account. If they do it right the photo will display on the screen to see and your email address comes up for confirmation. If you do not see the email confirmation, they have not done the process completely and you will not get your picture. If the employee claims they are doing it correctly, open you Funpix account and confirm it's not there and then tell them to call someone to walk them through the process properly. There are no "delays", as some employees may claim, and the photos are supposed to show in your account right away. Either way, copy down your photo number in case the issue isn't resolved.

Last edited by sdavies,

I had no issue with employees doing the transfer, it was the stupid kiosks that said it was added to your account, but never was.

Agreed, cpkid. The kiosks were hit and miss. I tried the FunPix kiosk on Valravn, MF, and Rougarou yesterday. Valravn was the only kiosk that didn't show my picture in my account. Valravn put me through the exact same process, but no picture.

Last edited by acole5292,

My brothers only issue during the day was getting it set up. They had to issue him a new season pass with the correct kind of barcode on the back to work. The girl at the first on ride booth (Rougarou) got him set up in seconds. After that we had no issues and walked outta the park with 5 on ride pics and 5 pics taken through out the park.

Only real complaint is that you still have to collect the cards from pic locations and stop by the front of the park booth to get them added to your account. Unless this can also be done at a kiosk, cause we didnt attempt that. Just surprised that the photographers don't have some sort of scanner to scan your pass with when they take the pic. Hopefully that comes as the program is tweaked and improved over the upcoming year and seasons.

You can get those pics added at any of the funpix locations in the park.

My complaint about the kiosk is that you cannot adjust the photo. Also the picture that shows up in your account looks vastly different from what the kiosk shows. For instance, on GK the kiosk showed myself and my sister. I thought it looked great so I added it to my account. But when I went to look at it in the app, it only shows her.

Last edited by codeGR,

I just got home and NONE of my pictures that I got today are showing. I hope they aren't lost. If so, I'll be upset.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

had the same issue on GK, had a wonderful picture of me on the kiosk, gave me a picture of someone's feet on my account.

Thabto, I emailed CS@AmazingPictures.com Melany was able to recover most of my pictures back to my account. She was pretty fast to respond.

Last edited by cp kid,

I made the mistake (?) of buying FunPix at the ticket windows at the front gate. She thought I wanted a bring a friend ticket so was really confused when she said my total was like $19. Then I asked again and she thought I said "FunDay ticket". Finally she had to call a supervisor over who showed her what I was talking about.

Since I bought FunPix season pass at Carowinds and CP, I have both parks photos in my account, which works out nicely.

Logged on this AM and all the pictures we attempted from yesterday (5-8) to add were there. Pics from MF, Rougarou, Gatekeeper and the Raptor. Only problem was the raptor one only showed my wife. Both my wife and daughter were on it but it only showed my wife. Used the kiosks every time. Nice that you can get multiple pictures at the same time. On MF there was a nice shot of the four of us and the next pic had my younger daughter and me so it allowed us to download both

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

So it seems that the re-training for funpix was in full swing yesterday. All of my pictures made it over, and looked as they did when I previewed them. FYI, you can open the web based version of funpix and click your photo to see a much wider shot. You won't see the coaster name or framing but you will be completely in frame and see several others around you. They have disabled right click and any sort of copy from this, but you can always increase your screen size (CTRL+Mouse wheel), then do a rectangular copy with the snipping tool to have this alternate shot.

Before I left each ride photo stand, I asked the employee if they could verify it was linked to my account. They were able to bring up all my photos and confirm with a few of them saying they have been re-training others or have just been re-trained themselves. In the end, what I was originally told about seeing email addresses for confirmation was incorrect because that didn't happen once and all pix were there.

The problem I am now seeing is that funpix sales have definitely gone up and there are now growing waiting lines to get your picture. Make sure to copy down your ride photo number before the screen changes. Also, if a system has a glitch, you can get the photo at a later time and even on another ride photo station as long as you have the number. It worked for me yesterday when MF computers were acting up but I was able to get the photo at the end of the day when I returned and gave my photo number. But I do think they are going to have to increase staff for ride photos to keep up with the increasing demand.

The one problem I saw with funpix yesterday was when our photo was taken by a photographer when we entered. He did not give a card but instead took a pic of my season pass and said in a very un-confident way that it will link to my account. It didn't and when I mentioned that procedure to other photographers, they didn't know what I was talking about.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service