Besides Valravn(?) What Else for 2016?

If something is built on the Millenium Island, what would it be? Seems like a difficult/odd place to put something. Maybe they could relocate Ripcord here

I think that would be a good location for a dark ride. If they need to build a big structure, it wouldn't block any good views.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm not saying I hope they get one, but if they were ever to get a flyer, the island would be a prime location with all of the trees and water to soar around.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

God, I hope they would never get a flyer. Those rides suck. What CP needs next is a nice woodie like El Toro.

I too believe that they should get a woodie next. It would be cool if they got a 200 ft Intamin pre-fab, but we all know the current Intamin situation. How is the reliability of the current 4 pre-fabs? I've never heard of them having problems. I do see the park working with RMC within the next few years. I'd like to see MS Iron Horsed and a 200 ft pre-fab and my idea of a perfect coaster lineup would be reality. Probably a pipe dream though.

2018- Raptor

CoasterCam said:
I'm not saying I hope they get one, but if they were ever to get a flyer, the island would be a prime location with all of the trees and water to soar around.

Nah, the trees would be ripped out if a flyer went there.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

A flyer wouldn't shock me if it was added to the island. While enthusiasts tend to see them as gimmick rides every park I've ever been to the GP loves them.

They could do a flyer and take out minimal trees like Thunderbird, but I realize that's not the parks forte.

2018- Raptor

I'd hope Cedar Point gets an RMC before a flyer, but a flyer would round out the B&M collection quite nicely, and that new flyer in China looks absolutely insane.

As for this year, I'm happy with Wi-Fi, new paint, and that new dive coaster!

True. The Dino flyer looks great! I'm cool with a flyer as long as it doesn't have one of those awful pretzel loops.

2018- Raptor

Go Intamin said:

I would put the putt putt course first on the chopping block. There was some paint there on the last weekend.

Have you ever played a game on it? It's quite nice.

On the topic of Millennium Island, I think a higher-capacity version of this would be neat (and plausible since a ride like this would be geared towards kids, like Dinosaurs Alive).

I'd be cool if they got rid of the Go Karts or changed them, but still may not even pursue them if they do. Unless they up the antics like some places around me (Say Full Throttle Karting down here in Cincy) then I'd be in. But very slow Go Karts and no technical turns, count me out.

Now THIS is Go Karting

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

If they spruced up the motel and changed Breakwater to a restaurant/night club, do you think they would add a gate back there? That's quite a hike now.

Tony keeps mentioning on Twitter and Periscope that "a lot more is going to be announced for 2016"... I have to think they'd want to announce that soon. My thoughts is that they'll spruce up the Blue streak midway and add another restaurant or two around the park. Some shade of any sort would be great for the BS midway and queue line. Maybe announcing closure of Challenge Park and relocating the attractions into the main park (if my guess for a SC expansion/closure of Challenge Park in 2017 is true)... Relocating the rides a season before in the area they will focus on the following year seemed to help them a lot this year. Perhaps they will continue doing that in the future. Do you think that is realistic for them to close a chunk of the park (Ch.P) during an off season for good? Seeing as though they would probably just relocate the rides, I wouldn't think it would matter.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

Those announcements will probably be made at Winter Chill Out. There was quite a bit announced there last year. That was when they announced Dodgems and Calypso would be moving, and a few other announcements.

Brian

I'd almost be willing to bet that there's going to be more going on the new midway connector than what's been shown in the Valravn renderings. I just can't see it all staying green space, especially with the sidewalk designs shown so far.

That walkway is pretty narrow. I think it would be hard to fit much in there.

Brian

If it was Roller Coaster Tycoon, I would for sure add some food and souvenir stands along that midway 😉

I didn't open up a new forum topic because it's not really a huge deal, but can anyone fill me in on what this is being/will be used for?

Click HERE

I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed on here before-- unless I missed the discussion.

Last edited by !,

That is a new water tower.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service