Besides Valravn(?) What Else for 2016?

^ I feel the same way. I don't think we've heard the last of the 2016 announcements. Or we haven't seen all of the full renderings of the BS midway.

While a refresh of the BS midway would be great, and hopefully relocate the BS entrance back to original location.

I don't see another restaurant in that area, other then a walk-up window.
Chickies-n-Petes is a contracted chain, they have location rights and it's unlikely they'd allow another sit down restaurant in that area.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Operationally, I wonder if we'll hear Cedar Point ride operators say "scan" next year like the other CF parks. Or, perhaps the other parks abandon it. I don't understand why these things aren't standardized across the chain.

I hope not. One of the things that CP excels at is operations efficiency. When I went to Kings Island back in August, almost every ride was stacking all trains. At CP, one train usually is leaving the station as the previous train is just pulling into the brakes or even before.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I can guarantee "scan" will NOT be implemented at Cedar Point. IROC wants it to, but our operations team is completely against it. It doesn't serve a purpose other than make the ride ops look ridiculous.

^Thank God...They do that bs at KI, and KI got neutered operations this year, it's pathetic

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

It's probably nothing but while I was there closing day, I saw yellow utility markings in both the midway in front of Panda Express and by the entrance to Soak City. Now the markings in front of Panda could be for removal of the asphalt in that area similar to the Gemini midway, or nothing at all. The markings by the Soak City entrance start at the old challenge park ticket booths (which aren't used anymore) and run over closer to the Soak City gates. With the decline of business for the mini putt putt golf, thats an area to keep an eye on IMO.

^ very good eyes. I was there that Friday and didn't see anything, which is kind of sad, considering I took the soak city entrence. I think the putt putt course hasn't been getting very good business in a while and it takes up too much space. It can be used as space for a new resturant, hotel breakers developments or maybe a park development. What I think would probably happen is a Soak City expansion, though. The last change the waterpark got was Dragster H2O in 2012, so they're due for another slide complex in 2017.

Last edited by Go Intamin,

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

This past Thursday I noticed blue utility markings around the marina restrooms by Famous Dave's going around the building to the back of Famous Dave's. Seems kind of far away from Valravn to be part of that project, but perhaps the entire entrance walkway from the fuel pier to the new entrance is getting a facelift.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I hear Challenge Park and Millennium Island are areas to keep your eyes on in the next year or two.

It was my guess that Challenge Park would go away in the next few years after adding Slingshot into the main park 2 years ago. Since it's an additional charge attraction it was puzzling as to why they wouldn't include it in the area of the park where these type of rides already are. I'm almost positive next year they will remove Challenge Park and expand Soak City, seeing as though many other Cedar Fair parks have gotten the watermark update in the past couple of years.

I would put the putt putt course first on the chopping block. There was some paint there on the last weekend.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

The Challenge Park page no longer lists go karts, could this be another indication?

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

When I was there this year during Halloweekends, the go karts didn't seem to be running, at least on Sunday's. I'm pretty sure they did in previous years.

Brian

That would be sad If they took the Go-carts out. I like going over there sometimes to race my friends, but I understand it's a not as popular as it once was. I could see the putt putt course being taken out soon since most people do that in Sandusky near the mall anyway. They have what, two locations of that?

There is a place where you can go putt putt golf and go-kart racing out on 250, but I don't think that is any major competition to Challenge Park. Resort guests can get those right outside their door. But, I think the golf course has been deteriorating over the years. I think one of the courses hasn't even been opened at all in some time. I think that's the writing on the wall that the mini-golf is on the chopping block.

Brian

Maybe a water coaster similar to Wildabeest is in the works!

samosuband said:

The Challenge Park page no longer lists go karts, could this be another indication?

Rougarou is missing from the Coaster Page as well

08 -Thunder Canyon, 09 - Maverick, 10 - Mean Streak, 11 & 12 - Mean Streak ATL, 13 - Maverick TL

I hope if they do go away with Challenge Park, i'm hoping they relocate the Rip Cord or keep it as is. Im 34, been visiting the park every year since 1985, and just rode Rip Cord for the first time last month. I was always so intimidated by it, even while riding every coaster in the park, but wow thats a rush! Im sure some or most here will laugh at me for that but I love it, and hope to be able to keep enjoying it.

The Go Karts are fun, but once again, as with the putt putt, it's on the decline. Each season seems to bring less and less to both of those attractions. Add in the removal of the old section of Breakers as they did last season, move the gates, and you have a "whole lotta land down there" as Tony would say ;-)

I'm pretty sure if they clear any land over there, it will be used for Soak City.

Brian

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service