announcement date 8/18/15

^^For the record....Centurion was filed by Cedar Fair.

Valravn was filed by Cedar Point (believe it or not, they both file separately as of late). Valravn is trademarked under the same company as Rougarou, GateKeeper and all of the other Cedar Point attractions. So Valravn sticks out more presently.

Cedar Fair on Trademarkia: http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

Cedar Point on Trademarkia: http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-point-park-llc-4247038-page-1-2

TTD 120mph said:

Top_Thrill_Tyler said:
And although there are photos of B&M track at the B&M plant (go figure?) there's no telling if it is dive coaster track versus any other coaster track

There's no doubt that the orangeish track is dive coaster track.

That is false, like 1% false. There is one option we have not considered yet (and primarily do the fact of how unlikely it is). This could always be track for some brand new coaster concept never before seen.

Buckeyeshaman said:
I undertsand the marketing ideas but, what is a Valvran anyways ?

For goodness sakes! Look it up. I'm getting tired of people saying that we don't know what a Valravn is when googleing it paints a fairly clear image.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Gatekeeper2013 said:

TTD 120mph said:

Top_Thrill_Tyler said:
And although there are photos of B&M track at the B&M plant (go figure?) there's no telling if it is dive coaster track versus any other coaster track

There's no doubt that the orangeish track is dive coaster track.

That is false, like 1% false. There is one option we have not considered yet (and primarily do the fact of how unlikely it is). This could always be track for some brand new coaster concept never before seen.

They did say history will be made, whether it is for a brand new type of roller coaster or if they are referring to the many broken records only time will tell.

And Cedar Fair does still own the Centurion trademark, so I'm hoping they go with it instead.

Also looking to the future, if the Whyte Lightning name does ever get used, I think it would be for the RMC conversion of Mean Streak.

Last edited by KnighTron,

^^^^ Well that without a doubt is hinting at the Centurion name. But, they did the same teaser at Carowinds.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Ok, coaster cam, you got me on looking it up. I guess Goth is not my thing, Im more into my ancestry of Native American Indian thgs. Being that, the famous legend Mothman would be a great name, and it ties to Native culture of being a Thunderbird. Im sure whatever it is, in the traditional CP fashion, people will ride it no matter the name. I thk Geronimo would be a great name for a coaster over 500 ft , if we see another on built.

Top_Thrill_Tyler said:
For GateKeeper we had the "cp-alt.winged" file a few months ahead of time but no specific information regarding color, name, or design until the website leak a day or two prior to the announcement date.

Why didn't we find out the name for Gatekeeper before the announcement? Didn't they trademark it like they do with every other ride at the park? And if so why didn't we find out by looking at the trademarked names online like we did with Valravn or Centurion or Fury/Fury325?

The GateKeeper trademark wasn't filed until the day of the announcement.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85702268+&caseType=SERIAL_NO&sear...atusSearch

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

i found this when i searched "centurion roller coaster" on google! http://coaster-nation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/carowinds-cent...ge-cn-.jpg

arent those the same roman numerals as the above screenshot?

Last edited by cpfreak112,

^ if I am not mistaken, didn't we know the name Gatekeeper before the announcement date? Maybe I am being biased because Centurion is just a different taste to me. As for the trademarks, I do not believe that who filed it carries much weight. Look this code has been cracked a couple of times. This may not even be a dive coaster at this point.

Due to the dark stormy background and the fact that they are announcing it at 9:00PM, I am wondering if a Dark Ride might be involved instead of a coaster? Or perhaps in addition to a coaster? Or even a Dark Ride / Coaster combination? Any of those options could be history making. ???? We shall know in just over 2 weeks.

Nancilee Jones

Thats what I said, maybe it will be 2 coasters in one . Starting out in darkness and coming to the light. There is a clue there in the statement. It does make sense, cos of what plans they may have for 17-2020 They build a combination coaster w a theme of darkness to it but, not 100%. That kills to projects at once and allows the other plans to be easily made.

Mystical Matthew said:

If history is being made...Its something like never before...the 2 in 1 concept comes into play here. The 1st of its kind anywhere. Yes, 2020 will have a monterious something but, this is big now.. A dive/dark coaster would be awesome. I thk the posting along the fence also explains the word history of cp. From the most simple to a new fresh idea in the coaster building process ever made.

PR always involves a certain amount of hyperbole.... maybe a new coaster is just a new coaster that, historically, Cedar Point has never had....

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I wish they would include the old pirate ride theme into next years ride concept

Or history is being made because it is a record breaking dive coaster.

All this speculating brought PointBuzz to it's knees.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I wonder if the lightning over the water has anything to do with the speculated theme of the dark ride Ouimet was talking about a few months ago.

Thabto said:

All this speculating brought PointBuzz to it's knees.

No, that random thing that happens every few weeks caused a CPU spike again. I can't figure it out, and I blame Azure. Just needed to restart the app and it's all good.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

KnighTron said:

And Cedar Fair does still own the Centurion trademark, so I'm hoping they go with it instead.

You seem very sure that Cedar Fair got the Centurion trademark...

PRIOR-FILED PENDING APPLICATION(S) FOUND: The trademark examining attorney has searched the USPTO’s database of registered and pending marks and has found no similar registered marks that would bar registration under Trademark Act Section 2(d). TMEP §704.02; see 15 U.S.C. §1052(d). However, a mark(s) in a prior-filed pending application(s) may present a bar to registration of applicant’s mark.

The effective filing date of the pending application(s) identified below precedes the filing date of applicant’s application. If the mark in the referenced application(s) registers, applicant’s mark may be refused registration under Section 2(d) because of a likelihood of confusion with that registered mark(s). See 15 U.S.C. §1052(d); 37 C.F.R. §2.83; TMEP §§1208 et seq. Therefore, action on this application is suspended until the earlier-filed referenced application(s) is either registered or abandoned. 37 C.F.R. §2.83(c). A copy of information relevant to this referenced application(s) is attached.

Here's the whole letter of suspension: https://tsdrsec.uspto.gov/ts/cd/casedoc/sn86094874/SUL2014020412221...wnload.pdf

Last edited by TTD6262,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service