announcement date 8/18/15

It does amaze me how quickly a little "misdirection" by a park can get enthusiasts all worked up. For weeks everyone was set on the Valravn theme. Now a little lightning and some roman numerals and everyone is creating new wild theories. Similar to when KI "leaked" the Bat webpage right before Banshee was announced.

"Look shiney!!!"

Gatekeeper- mythical creature

raptor- bird of prey

rougarou- mythical creature

I hope the park doesn't name the new coaster (if it's a coaster) valravn. good name for a dark ride though.

Centurion is a cool name, as with whyte lightning. I like the roman theme. The numerals kinda give it away a little. I'm kinda leaning towards centurion however. :)

Well the Centurion trademark is currently suspended so they would have to work that out before the announcement. It's quite possible that they could though.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

^ then what's with the roman numerals? why put roman numerals unless they're teasing/hinting with the theme?

where did he get that image though? I couldn't find it on the CP website or facebook

The Cedar Point VR app is scheduled to launch in the Play store on August 18th. Here is a cached description of the android app before it was pulled. The developer website links back to CedarPoint so it is an official CP app.

Miss_Maverick07 said:
^ then what's with the roman numerals? why put roman numerals unless they're teasing/hinting with the theme?

where did he get that image though? I couldn't find it on the CP website or facebook

The Roman numerals were sent out in an e-mail from the park if that is what you are asking about.

Just because a park teases something in no way does it mean it correlates with what they are actually getting. It's amazing how people are so quick to change their minds just because the park throws out a little teaser that could be a misdirection. (Now I'm editing this because I just realized almost that exact quote was used in a post above that I must have skipped over, strange) There is always the chance that it could mean something but it doesn't mean that the new ride will indeed be Roman themed. Theme that will most likely go as far as the name anyway.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

Ira Deel II said:

all dates, containers, I seen track here stuffs aside... has any one seen the "cedar point VR" app? is this legit?

Wait, wait, wait wait. You lurk for 15 years and then come out and post this!? Welcome to Pointbuzz, Lemon Chill Guy!

Here is a screenshot of the VR app page in case it gets pulled from the Google cache.

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Wait wait wait, I am missing something here... When did this app come into the picture and what is it supposed to be for?

Last edited by TTD6262,

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

I don't know...things just got weird. Note that it says "learn more August 18th!".

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

VR could easily be a placeholder name for Valravn until it's officially announced. Or just a very big coincidence.

I'm confused. What is that? Is that like an app or a game that they are going to release to bring publicity to the ride. I believe Alton Towers did that with The Smiler. Am I on the right track or do I have no idea what I'm talking about.

2018- Raptor

CoasterCam said:
I'm confused. What is that? Is that like an app or a game that they are going to release to bring publicity to the ride. I believe Alton Towers did that with The Smiler. Am I on the right track or do I have no idea what I'm talking about.

It's an app that works with Google Cardboard. Google Cardboard basically turns your smartphone into a virtual reality (VR) headset.

https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/

I'd say it's safe to assume the app will let you watch a VR compatible POV of whatever they're going to announce, along with other rides in the park.

Chuck Wagon said:

Wait, wait, wait wait. You lurk for 15 years and then come out and post this!? Welcome to Pointbuzz, Lemon Chill Guy!

Last edited by blazekid9307,

Oh. That makes sense.

2018- Raptor

CoasterCam said:

I'm getting tired of people saying that we don't know what a Valravn is when googleing it paints a fairly clear image.

I didn't know googling something made you an expert on it.

I prefer to believe everything I read on Wikipedia.

Well, that, and Pointbuzz.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

! said:

CoasterCam said:

I'm getting tired of people saying that we don't know what a Valravn is when googleing it paints a fairly clear image.

I didn't know googling something made you an expert on it.

I didn't know one had to be an expert on something to understand it.

2018- Raptor

Here is something I was thinking about the other day. Why name it Valravn? With Fury 325 there was a tie in (remotely, very remotely) with the Charlotte Hornet basketball team. With Cleveland very close and a large part of CP's targeted marketing area, basing your ride on a raven might irk the local football fandom.

I am not suggesting that they have to name it after a local team, just not maybe after the the football teams' arguably the biggest rival after steeltown.

No, because a Valravn has zilch to do with the Baltimore Ravens football team and I'd bet most visitors to CP don't like the Browns anyway.

JUnderhill said:

No, because a Valravn has zilch to do with the Baltimore Ravens football team and I'd bet most visitors to CP don't like the Browns anyway.

Do people like the Browns at all even??!?

This thread took a turn.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service