announcement date 8/18/15

For all we know, that track isn't even going to CP.

I'm from Kansas

I would gladly welcome some kind of dark ride that has a "stormy lake Erie" theme going for it.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I began wondering if that Register article was just a made up story concocted by the park and The Register just to throw us off, and some other park is actually getting a dive coaster. But with the coaster timeline on the wall, I think it will be a coaster.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Could it be a dive- dark coaster ? Just think of that concept. It would be like nothing of its kind anywhere. It fits the Baron video in someways. CP needs something totally different than any other park has or thought of. Who thought when TTD went up, that Kingda Ka would be next ? Time for CP to do something that has never been done before. The 500 ft coaster is already for a Florida park,

Just think of the picture....Out of the darken skies lives a creature. that lives, and dives on its prey.

No one wants a 223 foot box blocking the view of the lake. And I don't understand why everyone is all of a sudden going against the dive coaster theory as well as the Valravn theory just because there's a bolt if lightning in the announcement date picture. I mean don't forget about all the obvious clues pointing to a dive coaster. There was a leaked memo stating that a 223 foot tall dive coaster is coming to CP and then all of a sudden "mysterious" dive coaster track is found at the B&M plant in Ohio and when you do the math based on the lift hill pieces it adds up to 223 feet. So far everything about the leaked memo is correct so far. And the announcement picture is very dark creature like just like a Valravn.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Just Received an email from CP and the date was listed in Roman numerals. Wasn't Centurion a name that was being thrown around and even patented? The more I try to dissect the graphic behind the announcement date, it seems less like a Valravn theme.

They seem to be going through every trademark they have and giving some sort of teaser around it.

Well, maybe all of it wouldnt be boxed in ? I mean, Im no expert at this. but, that would be an interesting concept. Does such a creature really exist of that name ? CP needs to come up w something so new, something so unexpected, thats what made the park known for its fame. To me, these stupid names for coasters is getting out of hand. I undertsand the marketing ideas but, what is a Valvran anyways ? If they ever go 500 feet, it should be called GERONIMO.

The box obviously wouldn't have to be all the way up the lift hill. They could design a coaster that has a 223 foot lift hill but has specific elements in an enclosed building or underground. And although there are photos of B&M track at the B&M plant (go figure?) there's no telling if it is dive coaster track versus any other coaster track - or for what project at what park the track is for. I think some are just beginning to get skeptical of a memo being leaked so early that leaked so much information at once. For GateKeeper we had the "cp-alt.winged" file a few months ahead of time but no specific information regarding color, name, or design until the website leak a day or two prior to the announcement date. I think the Valravn dive coaster article still stands as the most plausible scenario, but none of us know for certain if it is even a finalized project memo or just a proposal from B&M.

-Tyler A-

"15 Days Until History is Made"

It will be legen...wait for it...dary!

Or not. Probably just marketing hype. :)

GetFurry23 said:

Just Received an email from CP and the date was listed in Roman numerals. Wasn't Centurion a name that was being thrown around and even patented? The more I try to dissect the graphic behind the announcement date, it seems less like a Valravn theme.

Is this true? Honestly, the color scheme would be a lot more suitable for a Centurion in my opinion. I mean I know CP doesn't really coordinate the color with the name of the ride, but I think it's definitely a lot more believable.

Would a stormy sea really fit with the theming for Centurion though? Then again, Gatekeeper's announcement date "logo" (if that is what you would call it) was the blue wing with the date on it. Now it didn't make much sense at the time but once it was announced we realized it was part of the logo.

Top_Thrill_Tyler said:
And although there are photos of B&M track at the B&M plant (go figure?) there's no telling if it is dive coaster track versus any other coaster track

There's no doubt that the orangeish track is dive coaster track. With how wide the track and spine are, there's no other coaster type it could be. The only question is where it's going. The clues, so far, point to it being for Cedar Point. But anything is possible at this point.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Promoter of fog.

The Centurion is basically a Roman General. Not saying there is any correlation to the movies of today and theming but, the movie industry has taken movies like 300 and Gladiator and made them dark and ominous. I suppose that they could do the same again. Besides isn't there too much of a connection between Raptor and Valravn, in terms of name meanings?? Both being birds of prey ?

I honestly think that's what they were going for. Now they have three dark creature B&M coasters next to each other and every B&M at the park will be a dark mythical creature.

So, Cedar Point knows what the park will be planning at least 3 years in advance. With that being said would it make sense for them to file a trademark ("call dibs") on a ride name to use it in the future rather than in the current year? They filed for Centurion last year when there was hype for Fury 325. To my knowledge they still have yet to use the name on any attraction. Maybe they wanted to see what the GP thought of the name before hand. The same could potentially be said about Valrvn. Experimenting/leaking info about a proposed name to see what the community thinks about it before using it a following year.

What about if this announcement beckons in The return of the Jr. Gemini!!!!

Jk

Im excited to see what ever they have planned. If i had to guess (and this is just my guess) i see it likely that its the Valravn. The Gothic looking lettering i think matches that style. but hey i could be totally wrong. we will see in two weeks!!!

argues just for clicks

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service