Bon Aire section and other exterior changes to Hotel Breakers

Don't do it Thabto, the coffee that comes out tastes like pencil shavings. Go down the street and get M.C. Donald's. It cheaper and tastes better than the Starbucks in the gift shop.

Last edited by Lash,

Yes, it has already been confirmed, as posted above... That all on point lodging options that do not have a full service Starbucks + a full service Perkins + full service room service + a full service lounge + a full service hibachi restaurant + a full service TGIFridays DO in fact have a cheap coffee maker.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I don't even like coffee so I had no intention of making any.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Don't like coffee? don't like Starbucks? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE??!

Thabto said:
I'm at Breakers Express right now and there are still coffee makers in here.

How's breakers express looking these days?

Here are some pictures I took of the room I stayed in. And if you request a wake-up call, don't expect it to happen. We requested one and we never got one. We had alarms set as a backup though.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Doesn't look so bad. I like the pics above the beds. I never really understand the point of wake up calls. It's not too hard to set up an alarm on your phone or on the clock.

Last edited by CPboy77,

You might've at least made the bed...

I can't stand those ugly comforters in Breakers Express! Lol, first thing I do is take them off and hide them someplace.

I do the same thing. But not because they're ugly.

I was watching a video tour of one of the suites the other day and it looked like they used cheap laminated cabinetry in the area where they have the microwave and minifridge. The mostly white furniture also looks like it could have a tough time surviving daily use.

Looks can be deceiving though and quality doesn't always translate well in photos especially when everything is brand new. Does anyone who has actually stayed in the new rooms have any thoughts on the durability of the renovations?

The laminated cabinetry is also a wet bar with a sink. I'd guess the decision to use laminate is for durability and sanitary reasons. Marble is porous and stains easily. May have also used these materials for 'future proofing' the amenities if they decide to upgrade available options such as mini bar or larger fridge.

The other furnishings are very high quality/ comfortable commercial grade and will more than likely hold up very well.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

The room furniture seemed solid to us. We had a room on the ninth floor of Breakers Tower. The recycled Coke bottle chairs are surprisingly solid.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Here's a complaint i heard outside Starbucks at Breakers this morning that had nothing to do with coffee. Some lady went on and on for 10 minutes about how there wasn't a hair dryer in the room. I noticed the same thing but since i never use one....Don't care.

With that said, I'm in a first-floor Lakeview room. The room is small for the price but 1000% better than the room I had here 4 fours ago. Thumbs up from me.

The rooms do, or should, have hair dryers. It shows up in the room amenities as being equiped with hair dryers.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

There was a hairdryer in the rooms I have been in this season. I think it was in like a bag below the counter if I am not mistaken.

-Matt

The rooms do have hairdryers, they are on the shelf below the sink in plain sight in a bag clearly marked 'Hairdryer". Pretty hard to miss, and given the effort new management has on housekeeping supervision I find it hard to believe that a missing hairdryer would have been overlooked.

Even if it was, I suspect they would be super responsive if you just ask. We had two issues in our room: Our tub was clogged and one of the window curtain handles broke off. Totally random, but we called the front desk, and both were fixed within an hour.

I'll do a more thorough write up on my trip, but the TL;DR version is that Breakers completely blows me away. This is the beach resort we always wanted, and should always be on that peninsula.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

We haven't stayed this year (and may not given the new rate scale), but Jeff is right. I almost find myself feeling "bad" for new visitors this year who see only a beautiful facility--they'd appreciate it so much more if they had seen what it had become in recent years. I wonder, was it as impressive when new to visitors of 1905 as it is today?

I really like the new breakers. I can't help but think it was more impressive in 1905 though. The scope and scale was something to behold, and it was one of the first hotels with private baths if I understand correctly. Nothing revolutionary about the new breakers like that, beautiful though it may be.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service