Bon Aire section and other exterior changes to Hotel Breakers

How about this article: http://www.consumerwatch.com/household/appliances/coffeemakers.php

"Coffee makers are notorious for being a source of burns and fire, "

"Some other examples of product failures commonly seen in coffee makers are:
Thermostat malfunction within the coffee maker causes the coffee maker to continue heating and operation, even when manually shut off. The result is damage to the machine and surrounding home area through scorching, melting, and fire"

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Come to think of it, I've only seen Keurig machines in hotels these days, and not very often.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Breakers Express still has in room coffee makers. Although they don't have a full service Starbucks.

Some of the CP hotel properties still have and advertise coffee makers in rooms. On 5/8, Breakers Express had them , and they weren't Keurig. I'm not accepting the safety issue just yet. The renovation was great, and the price increases are covering the cost. Coffee is cheap and simple for most reasonable purposes. Don't offer it at one property(in a room), and not others. So, yes, IMO, I see Starbucks or Perkins being somewhat 'in your face' at Hotel Breakers, at a price.

Keep passing the fun along!

I recently had an online chat with a CP resorts rep, who confirmed that any Cedar Point hotel not named Hotel Breakers has a coffee maker in each room.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I'm looking at my coffee maker in my room at Breakers Express as I type.

This insane complaining about missing coffee makers is getting old.
I visited the Starwood Resorts booking engine, Mr. Ouimet's former gig, their suites do not have coffee makers in them (you can have one brought in on request). Also, the upscale hotel suites I've been to in Vegas do not have coffee makers in them. (They do have mini-bars which I would like at Hotel Breakers, but understand that underage guests are more common at CP)
It is quite likely that the management team is styling Hotel Breakers as an all suite resort and as such the guest experience will be similar to the Starwood brands and other luxury hotels.
And, No, an in room cheap coffee made in a styrofoam cup is not standard amenities in all suite hotels, rather it's very much a 'motel 6' type remnant of the changing times.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Jeff said:

Come to think of it, I've only seen Keurig machines in hotels these days, and not very often.

Yep, same here, and usually in higher-end places, which Breakers certainly is.

Janeen Harris said:

Some of the CP hotel properties still have and advertise coffee makers in rooms.

The renovation was great, and the price increases are covering the cost. Coffee is cheap and simple for most reasonable purposes.

Maybe you're among a very tiny minority who still uses them. I know I've shied away from using them over the years, as they almost universally produce nasty tasting coffee, likely because they're rarely, if ever, cleaned.

Don't offer it at one property(in a room), and not others.

Frankly, they can offer whatever amenity they want wherever they want. They don't have stoves at Sandcastle, but they do at Lighthouse Point.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that as they renovate the other resorts, those properties will lose their coffee makers as well.

Brandon

I don't understand some people's way of thinking...

Anyhow, the indoor pool was drained with nobody inside all day Thursday too.

The park really seems to be having issues with the pools/Spas this season. The new pool areas and spas opened late, the spa at lighthouse point had to be retooled and was down. The sandcastle spa is low on jet power and water level.

However the best news is they are keeping them all open late again.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Janeen Harris said:

The renovation was great, and the price increases are covering the cost.

No, the price increases are not going to cover the cost even remotely. The sale of the San Diego water park is what made the renovation possible.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Yes, it's understood that sale financed the Hotel Breakers renovation. I don't see it covering ALL the costs however. There were (and still are) potential problems to possibly interfere. The higher room rates are insurance money, IMO. Yep, I have happily paid the rates 2x this season, and probably will again. But, coffee drinkers aren't a minority, just like the people who wipe their butts with toilet paper. Neither are a 'necessity' per say, so if it's not offered in all the villages, don't offer it at all......just saying :)

Keep passing the fun along!

That's an absolutely ridiculous comparison. One provides a pretty essential hygienic function. The other provides a completely unnecessary convenience.

Furthermore, the idea that if they offer one amenity somewhere, they must offer it elsewhere, is equally ridiculous. In fact, the entire point of multiple properties is to provide different levels of accommodation for customers of various means. If you're staying at LHP, you're provided food preparation amenities, and in some cases, two bathrooms to accommodate groups or large families. If you're staying at Breakers, you can probably afford to buy a coffee at Starbucks. At Breakers Express, maybe not so much, so you get a coffee maker there.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

The prices at Breakers and other hotels are based on demand and the property's position in the market. Lighthouse Point, Sandcastle Suites, and Breakers all have the distinction of being on the peninsula and offer certain amenities / benefits that are not available through other hotels in the area. As seasonal properties they all also have a limited operational period to generate profit.

There is a strong demand to stay at Cedar Point during the operating season and that demand is especially high during the summer months. Breakers is essentially a brand new hotel and they are charging higher rates now for the same reason that they get away with charging around $100 for a campsite at Lighthouse Point. It's what the market is willing to pay now.

I think the rate increases are justified but you probably won't ever find me staying there for more than one night.

Yeah, rates are driven strictly by demand. It's so fundamental to the way that hotels work, and one of the ways that Dick Kinzel was not a good hotel operator. He would routinely insist on a consistent price throughout the season, which is insane because it left empty rooms in the shoulder season and under-priced rooms in the peak. Obviously if he wasn't thinking about this, he wasn't thinking about the cost you bake into the rates for periodic refreshes for room decor, soft goods, etc.

Periodic? That is being generous.

Frankly, we were happy we got a break during the shoulder seasons with the room occupancy because we didn't have enough staff members to clean them anyway. I couldn't tell you how many rooms I cleaned, beds I made, etc. It was chaos from about mid-August through the last day of the season. We affectionately called them "hell weeks" but...it was pretty hellish.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

I agree they need more outdoor pools/hot tubs. I wish they would have left the pool in where the fire pits are. It's close to impossible to use the hot tubs when they're packed with people. Coffee makers, I could care less about. I wish they would leave the pools and bar open until midnight.

Staying at Breakers for CoasterMania. Hoped to do breakfast at Perkins , but it opens at 7am.

I'm at Breakers Express right now and there are still coffee makers in here.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service