Rougarou teaser video

Well on -one hand- it makes sense that the start of the trail would be less Frontier-ish since after all, the Oregon Trail started in cities, not in the middle of nowhere.

You could argue that a Chinese restaurant could be period-correct particularly if you're talking transcontinental railroad, but that's later historically than the time period I think Frontier Trail is supposed to represent. That and it's freaking Panda Express.

Just before you get to the Old Tyme Photo/Red Garter building the pavement turns to blacktop/asphalt. Could this be the start of the Frontier Trail? Most of the trail is asphalt.

So were the railroad tracks right by the now-called "Sweet Toots" actually used before they were removed? Or were they just part of the trail? Does anyone have pictures of them? The station is now used by the Coca-Cola Marketplace.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Bluestreaker, that's exactly how I determine the frontier trail.

The station that is now Coca-Cola Marketplace was never used by the railroad as an actual station. The track may have been used as a siding or passing track at one point, I don't remember anymore.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Would it be ok to have a thread for the Rougaru Files & updates during the off season Jeff/Walt or leave it here? Don't want a bazillion threads like we did with the Mantis teaser stuff awhile back and you guys closing them here/there.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Just start a thread for "Rougarou Files #1: Painting" or whatever.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Hope you don't mind that I took the idea and kinda ran with it. I've created a thread for The Rougarou Files as a whole, unless y'all would rather have a new thread for every episode.

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/32220.aspx

Just do one per installment. 50-page threads are too hard to follow.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Okay, wasn't sure how long the series would get and thought too many threads would get cluttered. :)

I think this topic has run its course. Most posts aren't about the teaser video at all anymore.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Agreed. It's really being used for general Rougarou discussions which is what the subforum is for. Plus, we don't want any more 50-page mega-threads, right, Jeff? :)

The best way for a thread to die is to stop posting in it. :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service