The Updated Petting Farm

I haven't seem that much in the way of photos or descriptions of the updates to the petting farm other than the few photos from the preview and hearing that they've got a lot more animals now.

We might be taking my 3-year old niece to CP later this summer. Can anyone tell me what all animals they have now or point me in the direction of some photos?

Last edited by That Crazy Dan,

The petting zoo this year is much better! Here is a list of what I can remember from last week.

-A cow
-Llamas
-Alpacas
-Baby pigs
-Tiny baby goats
-Medium/large goats
-Large rabbits
-Sheep
-Small bunnies
-Ponies
-Chickens
-A donkey or two

I'm really impressed with all the animals because they have been lacking the past few seasons. Have fun with your niece!

I enjoyed the petting farm on my visit. They definitely added a lot too it to make it another great attraction!

I would also say the farm is much more interactive. Many if not all the animals you can pet. One areas of open for guest to walk around, mingle, and feed (with approved food bought from the farm) the animals. Plenty of educational signage describing what animals you are looking at and telling you a little bit about them. It is a great improvement over past years. Plan on spending a good amount of time there unless your niece gets a little squeamish around all the animals wanting to smell or lick her.

I really love the Pet Farm and stop there every time I'm in the park. If you go often enough, the animals become familiar and it's almost like seeing your own pets.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

We love the petting farm! It really has had some amazing improvements this year. Many new animals, better layout/setup and it also appears to be more popular in general as well.

The updated petting farm is awesome, and the animals are fun to watch. What isn't awesome is all the parents not paying any attention whatsoever to their kids in the walk-through area where the smaller animals are, or the adults themselves just blatantly ignoring the posted guidelines. The sign specifically says not to pick up the animals, but every time I have gone, I see some adult letting their kid do it anyway, or picking the animal up themselves for whatever reason. The CP staff will address it when they see it happening, but when it's really busy, they can't catch all of it.

Marcie916 said:
The updated petting farm is awesome, and the animals are fun to watch. What isn't awesome is all the parents not paying any attention whatsoever to their kids ____

Agreed. Your statement says it all.
Fill in the ending: at the Petting Farm, at the Museum, at all of the Fast Food play areas. Noticed this too. It runs rampant.

CPfan1976 said:

Marcie916 said:
The updated petting farm is awesome, and the animals are fun to watch. What isn't awesome is all the parents not paying any attention whatsoever to their kids ____

Fill in the ending: at the Petting Farm, at the Museum, at all of the Fast Food play areas. Noticed this too. It runs rampant.

My friends and I were there a few weeks back, and one of my friends yelled at one of the kids for being a jerk to the animals. Parents were nowhere to be found.

Does the petting farm stay open through the end of the season, or does it close earlier?

Last edited by AlexGillman,

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

I was surprised to see it open last week. I think in years past it closed after Labor Day. Probably depends on the weather outside for the animals?
It was open last Saturday while we were there for Halloweekends. I believe hours were from 12-6.
Also if you have kids, check out the Pony rides by Johnny Rockets.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

I was there yesterday and it was open.

The pet farm will be open through the end of the season. And the pony rides are operated by the same people who do the new pet farm also.

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

CPfan1976 said:

Marcie916 said:

Sorry, a bit of a thread hijack...... Shaking ride gates, sitting on the rails, line jumping, punching the nice larger flowers in the landscaping, BASKETBALLS, etc etc,

Got anymore?

Yep, got more. Last year I watched a mother tell her kids to go through the exit at Turnpike Cars to ride with a sibling, except that sibling was not alone so it was totally line cutting becasue it required another car. Then the kid had to pee. He ran out of the exit, dropped them and peed on the fence by Raptor, and then ran back in through the exit to get on the ride.

Paisley said:
Yep, got more. Last year I watched a mother tell her kids to go through the exit at Turnpike Cars to ride with a sibling, except that sibling was not alone so it was totally line cutting becasue it required another car. Then the kid had to pee. He ran out of the exit, dropped them and peed on the fence by Raptor, and then ran back in through the exit to get on the ride.

I hate people's kids. That is all.

I hate the parents who do not provide proper guidance to their kids. The kids themselves are mostly innocent.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Marcie916 said:
I hate people's kids. That is all.

This made me laugh :). I do too, but kids are starting to actually grow on me.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Couldn't stand kids before I had my own. Now I love them all. (the parents are a different story)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service