King James Announcement 9/16

Why are they messing with us so bad right now!

Wznm

Seems to me the real question is why are so many people allowing themselves to be messed with so bad?

Bottom line... What happened today was the best possible scenario, involving Lebron James and Cedar Point! As a matter of fact it's a heck of a lot better than what most of us thought it could be! It was a win for everybody and at the same time serves one hell of cause! Cedar Point and Lebron James can be one deadly combination and if applied toward a cause, they can really make a difference!

I don't know about most of you, but any contributions to improve the state of education in our country right now is a huge deal to me, and as great as the foundation is, I'm happy that no ride will be renamed King James.

If you are really so impatient for the park to announce its 2015 plans that an announcement like this is disappointing, you should really search for some more things to occupy your time. I know we all share a mutual passion for the park, but as Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want.

Between making a big PR push for "The death of Mantis" and now this really has me SMH. They really need some PR strategy.

First: It really is great that kids will benefit from this. Instead of being a SUPER lame publicity stunt, some real good is going to be done. That needs to be the main takeaway.

Second: Reality check please. Opening day of 2015 is set in stone. The Park's 2015 plans are probably set in stone. Nothing sort of an act of God is going to change that. When opening day 2015 comes, the new attraction will be there, and it'll be the same one that is planned now. Us knowing what that will be now, or 3 months from now will not change that fact or those plans. Knowing now isn't going to get you on whatever ride it is any faster.

Last but certainly least: This goes to show that waiting to announce and teasing like this is just... unnecessary. Just come out and say what the plans are.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

It's a great cause. Sounds like a great partnership. And I'm hopeful that with some help from the fund, some of these posts will get smarter as well. ;)

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Some of you are really pathetic, and Jeff said it well, you must suck at life.

This is absolutely a great resolution to the entire King James scenario. Giving those kids a day at Cedar Point can really make a difference in someone's mindset and attitude. CP and the Lebron James Foundation are a great match to make a positive difference in a kid's life. We should all be happy about that.

To those of you who show so little class in the entire 2015 announcement thing, may you lose your Internet connection seconds before the 2015 announcement actually happens.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Delete this post so the one below it can point properly to the previous one.

Last edited by GigaG,

^^like. ^^+1

^You could have deleted.

Last edited by Travis Lea,

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Do I understand the disappointment? Yes.
Am I a bit disappointed? Yes.

But am I happy that CP will help a charity? Yes.
And am I excited that there was a subtle reference to a new ride next year big enough to have a first riders auction? Yes.

What if the first rides auction for next year is simply to be the first of the season to ride MF, Dragster, GK etc... I just want to point this out so some people don't have another day ruined.

^ Pfft, logic...

Let's be honest, Cedar Point could fulfill every single rumor on this and all websites at once and people would still have the day ruined because they think CP could do better. ;)

I was worried about that, JUnderhill. What if the auction isn't a new ride?

As for my opinions on what may be coming, I believe that something mid to large sized has to be coming for 2015, as Jason McClure said the addition will be thrill-oriented.

If not this year, and if Mantis' spot is left open next year, I think the next MASSIVE thing will be 2016, and will probably sit in Mantis' spot.

Tues. 9/2: Mantis Announcement
Tues.9/16: Lebron James charity announcement
Tues.9/30: Another announcement?

Seems like the trend is 2 weeks apart. Hmmmm......

Pete said:To those of you who show so little class in the entire 2015 announcement thing, may you lose your Internet connection seconds before the 2015 announcement actually happens.

Wouldn't be surprised if it actually happens the way Time Warner has been lately.

^^ I don't think something happening two times really constitutes a "trend." That's not a very sound theory to bet on, and unless it happens one more time, I would just pin it as a coincidence.

liebevision said:
First: It really is great that kids will benefit from this. Instead of being a SUPER lame publicity stunt, some real good is going to be done. That needs to be the main takeaway.

Second: Reality check please. Opening day of 2015 is set in stone. The Park's 2015 plans are probably set in stone. Nothing sort of an act of God is going to change that. When opening day 2015 comes, the new attraction will be there, and it'll be the same one that is planned now. Us knowing what that will be now, or 3 months from now will not change that fact or those plans. Knowing now isn't going to get you on whatever ride it is any faster.

Last but certainly least: This goes to show that waiting to announce and teasing like this is just... unnecessary. Just come out and say what the plans are.

The problem, at least in this case, is that some of us out of towners want to make our 2015 plans. I'm on the verge of going with a Six Flags pass this year to hit up Magic Mountain and Great America. Was waiting on the 2015 Cedar Point plans to make sure that's the route I wanted to go. I'm assuming whatever Cedar Point gets won't change my mind, but there's a small part of me that still thinks it could be a game changer (it won't... but it could).

I'd like to buy my pass as soon as possible, while I have some excess spending money. Not really interested in getting both, since both require quite a bit of commitment / planning.

Edit - All that being said, I'm very happy with this announcement. No ride named King James, and Cedar Point giving to charity. Well done Cedar Point, and Lebron.

Last edited by Renegade,

For all of you who were disappointed with this announcement, I would like for you to picture one of the kids who this will help in front of you. Now picture yourself saying to said kid, "I'm sorry. I'm not excited for you, because I'm too bummed that I won't get to see a new coaster at Cedar Point this year."

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service