King James Announcement 9/16

Interesting:

Cedar Point @cedarpoint · 29s
This new partnership with the @LJFamFoundation means we will not rename a coaster. It's all about helping kids and families!

Win/win for everyone.

BleauxJays said:
You'd have to be pretty damn shallow to cancel your membership after the announcement of a partnership with a charity.

My sentiments exactly. If you have a problem with a charity partnership being billed as 'bigger and better'than a coaster rename, I would say you have bigger problems than that. CP is giving something back to a local community, and we will likely still get an awesome new or revamped ride for 2015. What's the problem?

Bill02 said:
Interesting:

Cedar Point @cedarpoint · 29s
This new partnership with the @LJFamFoundation means we will not rename a coaster. It's all about helping kids and families!

Thats the "bigger and better" aspect of this.

Marcie916 said:

BleauxJays said:
You'd have to be pretty damn shallow to cancel your membership after the announcement of a partnership with a charity.

My sentiments exactly. If you have a problem with a charity partnership being billed as 'bigger and better'than a coaster rename, I would say you have bigger problems than that. CP is giving something back to a local community, and we will likely still get an awesome new or revamped ride for 2015. What's the problem?

Really, someone would do that? I think what they did is better than a ride rename.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Keep in mind, one of the benefits is a "first ride auction ". Everything currently at the park has been already rode upon.

According to someone above us yes. That is the next straw if another announcement is not satisfactory.

They apparently forgot the whole tweet about Tony working on MULTIPLE press releases. This would be the 1st of the multiples.

What is amounts too is a nice charitable way to side-step renaming a ride, which is just as well.

It also clears the way to resume our endless debate and pondering of what else 2015 will bring, what will happen to Mantis, etc.

Great news, very well played out by CP and LeBron James. Kudos to everyone involved in this decision!

TheEternalQuestioner said:
Strike 2, Cedar Point. Strike 2.

Hopefully the next words out of the mouths of their PR team is a real 2015 announcement, or season passes will be cancelled left and right.

You can't be serious.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Per CP on Facebook, this was at LeBron's request.

Also, Jason McClure already informed us that 2015 will bring a new thrill ride. We already knew that was coming. A modified ride or a new ride alike is a new ride experience overall with its own first riders.

At least it confirmed that there will be SOMETHING for 2015, and we didn't get a "King James" rename, which is a relief to me. And a charity will benefit from it.

All around a win. If only we knew WHAT they will be riding for those first rides so the endless debate could end.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

So do you think "This new partnership with the @LJFamFoundation means we will not rename a coaster. It's all about helping kids and families!" means they will just not rename a coaster for Lebron James or are they also hinting they will not be renaming a coaster, Mantis, possibly a small hint in this announcement meaning Mantis will be gone completely and not just renamed/changed?

-Benn

What happened to this thread? It was gone for a while.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I don't know. I had a pretty lengthy reply typed out and when I went to post it I got an error message. I thought it had been deleted by the admins.

Prb that Eternal Questioner fella

Did Jeff or Walt cross check IP addresses for Eternal Questioner and Point Guru? They are both about as off the wall as the other!

What an absolute disappointment this announcement is. I am getting sick of this false hope hype game. Thanks Cedar Point for ruining my day AGAIN. I think it's great to be supportive of such foundations, but hyping this up is a joke. This game is getting old.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

Cedar Point announces partnership with foundation working to improve lives of children.

RISE UP, ENTHUSIASTS! WE WILL BURN SANDUSKY TO THE GROUND!

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service