Mantis removal or transformation?

Jeff said:
I can't stop shaking my head.

This is like a manager at Home Depot shaking his head when there's a run on snow throwers at the first snowfall. One would think you'd actually like the attention. And, as "creative" as the speculations have been, at least they have spawned lively discussion.

I'm still leaning towards them converting it to a floorless coaster, painting it green and naming it Rougearau. However, I don't think that's the only thing we'll get next year. I think it's likely we'll also get a thrill ride.

After looking at the satellite view of Mantis, a building for a dark ride might actually fit in nicely. The land by the queue stretching to the MCBR could be used to build a good sized building, it doesn't have to be over the water by the lift hill or drop.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Nobody said he didn't like the attention it has brought to the site.

jsmith7300 said:
"Darkness Falls On #12"

Edit - They refer to it as "#12" which to me screams "Name Change - Conversion"

They refer to it as #12 because at the time Mantis was built, it was the 12th coaster at the park.

You all read far too much into this (in my opinion). Ripping out Mantis, per lackluster ridership, painful experience, and few stand-ups remaining in operation today. Same concept applies to why Raging Wolf was closed b/c Arrow suspended coasters had limited parts. I would only hypothesize this being the same issue.

Mantis is being torn down early (just as DT, WWL, and other coasters in the past have been done) to promote faster site clearing. A dark ride building in this location is just a joke to me.

I'm excited to see the end result in this area.

Raging Wolf? You mean Big Bad Wolf?

How are y'all already disappointed in what can be put in the spot Mantis sits on? You have no idea whats going on there other than speculation. It's like how kids hate a food before they have even tried it.

You coul have a future dark ride/coaster deal like Verbolten/Guardian/etc. and be best of the best..

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I admit, I was wrong. Unless there's something else going in its place, it is being moved, or it is being reworked, I wasn't expecting a B&M to meet the wrecking ball.

In a way, I think the closing of a coaster means a larger announcement than expected. Come on Dive Machine!

cl94 said:
I admit, I was wrong. Unless there's something else going in its place, it is being moved, or it is being reworked, I wasn't expecting a B&M to meet the wrecking ball.

Isn't that the only three options?

Its raining at the point right now? Tony's tears?

Last edited by MaverickForce95,

New for 2018... RMC Iron Horse!!!

But we don't even know that it is going anywhere. As vague as the video was, Mantis could be just renamed to King James and just like that Mantis is squished.

JUnderhill said:

jsmith7300 said:
"Darkness Falls On #12"

Edit - They refer to it as "#12" which to me screams "Name Change - Conversion"

They refer to it as #12 because at the time Mantis was built, it was the 12th coaster at the park.

Yes...I know. What I'm saying is that I think #12 is still going to be #12 but in a different form. :) Otherwise, why even bother calling it that in the title of the video? The vast majority of the public doesn't know it as number 12. They only know it as "The Mantis" or just "Mantis".

#12 is going to be shrouded in darkness. Mantis will be reborn as a new ride.

^^ "Take one last stand"

Translation: No more standing up on Mantis. Whether its called King James, removed, transformed or whatever-- no more standing up.

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

MaverickForce95 said:

cl94 said:

There are 4. 4th is demolition and scrapping.

Why? Several B&M's are SBNO, removed, etc. across the world

See Batman SFNO, Time Machine (Myrtle Beach), Gambit (Japan), etc.

Replaced with an ArrowBATic. Calling it!

cl94 said:

MaverickForce95 said:

cl94 said:

There are 4. 4th is demolition and scrapping.

I figured something else going in its place, meant removal

jsmith7300 said:

Yes...I know. What I'm saying is that I think #12 is still going to be #12 but in a different form. :) Otherwise, why even bother calling it that in the title of the video? The vast majority of the public doesn't know it as number 12. They only know it as "The Mantis" or just "Mantis".

#12 is going to be shrouded in darkness. Mantis will be reborn as a new ride.

Could be, or they called it #12 as the title "Darkness Falls on Mantis" would have been a dead giveaway!

I could see Darkness falls meaning that some sort of a dark ride transformation takes place. However, I find it not very plausable. Seems as if the new management doesn't like big boxy type buildings around the park. While it would be possible to make such a monstrosity less of an eyesore that would involve a massive amount of cost.

Darkness falls could also mean that's it for Mantis. Nothing left, gone forever...

Guess we'll know in a few months now. So much for the speculation ending today.

I must admit Tony did a great job at teasing all the "Dark" stuff. A good portion of us suspected a dark ride, which I'm not saying is out, but Darkness just makes me think Mantis will be named rougarou and possibly made a sit down/ floor less.

Last edited by MaverickForce95,

She seriously thinks an Aquatrax was a popular idea to add? WOW!

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2014/09/cedar_point_announces_plans_to.html

She just keeps making me chuckle..But surprised that Jeff still thinks it's going to stay, it's a small possibility I guess, but I don't expect it to stay given the wording, date given, & repition of past years announcement styles.

Turning Mantis into a sit down coaster will draw in more riders, but if this is all they do for 2015, then this is very disappointing.

I kind of think that it will be torn down completely...But it is very unclear of what is actually happening.

Closed topic. Archived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service