Live Web Cams

****..now I'm wishing I didn't add that link...

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

LOL Shawn!

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It looks like they both might be working today, and Shawn you can kind of see STR.

Last edited by AlexGillman,

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

^Awesome! :)

Just wanted to say that there is an awesome view of Mean Streak on the live cams.

It looks like something happened on Raptor, it is stopped at the MCBR, and there is a bunch of people up there.

That was fun. Just got to watch them evacuate the train.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

Wonder what happened. Was it an e-stop?

Brian

On another tangent..does anyone know if there would be a way to make the CP live cam a screensaver? Or if anyone would go on the endeavor or help me make this. Would be better than my Digital Blasphemy wallpapers and honestly just something different.

You looking to make the live feed into a webcam, not just a static screen grab? And you mean screensaver rather than wallpaper? Hmm, technically it should be possible. I don't know how easy, though.

Yes. I don't need a moving desktop. I'd prefer the video, it'd be something different..Just a thought of something cool.

Looking at the webcams today, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Mantis, and Shoot the Rapids were running like champs today. Hopefully the weather cooperates on Sunday for me when I go next.

Whaaat? The webcam showed Millennium Force? They must be renaming it "King James". Dragster was because they're going to paint it. Mantis will be repainted and converted to a floorless, including an all new station. Shoot the Rapids, well, that one is going to be ripped out. We know this because the webcams said so. ;)

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Shoot the rapids isn't a bad ride. It actually used to be my favorite, until... You know. Shawn- the weather is supposed to be Scattered Thunderstorms on Sunday, hopefully it will hold off until later in the day though.

Rain on Sunday should be perfect for Shawn. He can get wet without waiting in line.

Actually, I don't like waiting in line in the rain. I'd rather get wet on Shoot the Rapids! ;)

Now that would be cool if the live video cams had sounds!

Anyways why didn't they keep the still cams? Sure, they now have the video cams but why not both? The still cams were good if you wanted to look at the cams from your phone.

My guess is that high up you wouldn't hear much other than wind noise, so it probably wouldn't be as cool as you think. As far as the still cams, it's possible they had some sort of contract for hosting of the cams that ended, and they decided not to renew and switch to these.

Also you can actually view them from your phone *if* you use an RTSP viewer app. Then you just have to put in the RTSP stream URL's (below), and you can watch them. You can't watch them from the website on your phone, because the web player they use is flash based.

rtsp://cs2.pixelcaster.com:1935/live/cedar1.stream
rtsp://cs2.pixelcaster.com:1935/live/cedar2.stream

(Thanks to davidw for the links)

I was pretty sure they were supposed to add a 3rd cam, but I'm thinking that's most likely going to be a construction cam during the off season.

Brian

They have the third live webcam. However, Tony has mentioned that it will take some time to get everything in place to install it. Think mounting, electrical, network wiring, etc. Add in it not being a priority ATM and it'll be a bit before we see it live.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service