What changes to the Halloweekends events would you like to see?

I am super excited about Halloweekends this year... especially with the addition of the Midnight Syndicate Live! show!

I think that it will add a lot to the 'shows' that are offered at Cedar Point.

That got me thinking: What other changes would be welcomed to the Halloweekends event?

Personally, I would be okay if Screamworks was re-themed to something other than Steampunk. I know this takes a lot of thought and money, but that 'scene' doesn't seem to do it for me.

With Happy Jacks gone, and with it being so loved, it would be really cool if they could incorporate that into an outdoor frightzone.

What are your thoughts? What would you like added\taken away (other than the crowds) :-)

Last edited by xfireboyx,

I want Terror Island back and Dinosaurs out. I mean, those dinosaurs took out the most unique Halloweekends attraction ever in my opinion. Granted, they put Cut Throat Cove in which gave awesome views of Maverick, but how often do you get to be scared and walk under MF at night in the dark?

halloweekends is my favorite time of year at cedar point but i agree that screamworks is a wash, it was SO much better as fright zone.

I don't think Happy Jacks as an outdoor zone would work. It needs the indoor to keep the factory setting. I wouldn't mind seeing a zone or house that uses both the outside and inside.

I am really excited for the addition of Midnight Syndicate, I can't wait to see the kind of show they bring to the park.

11 years.

TTDo3 said:
I want Terror Island back and Dinosaurs out. I mean, those dinosaurs took out the most unique Halloweekends attraction ever in my opinion. Granted, they put Cut Throat Cove in which gave awesome views of Maverick, but how often do you get to be scared and walk under MF at night in the dark?

Maybe they could do both this year. I loved that part of halloweekends also.

Midnight Syndicate is going to be awesome! I have all of their music!

Jayme
ghostlymanor.com Sandusky, OH

I wouldn't mind bringing Trio of Terror back to the glass blowing theater. That was quite possibly the best show they had during Halloweekends and worked really well in that location.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Zeek said:
I don't think Happy Jacks as an outdoor zone would work. It needs the indoor to keep the factory setting. I wouldn't mind seeing a zone or house that uses both the outside and inside.

I don't think they could make it 'Happy Jacks'... but I think it would be cool to see some of those toy-related props show up in an outdoor haunt.

I LOVE the idea of having an inside\outside haunt!

I would like to see the event shifted to something more similar to what is done at King's Island (or was done a few years ago). Family friendly during the day and much more intense during the evening. It would be nice to actually have haunted attractions be scary. Having walkthroughs like cutthroat cove, blood on the bayou, cornstalkers , and terror island(returned) where the flow of guests is controlled in groups not just a heard of cattle. Also a coaster like Blue Streak or a side of Gemini backwards would be cool.

I'd also love to see Trio of Terror return. That shore was awesome.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I agree on the Trio of Terror. That venue (the Glass Blowing Theatre) was perfect for the show, especially when fog would drift in from Werewolf Canyon (now Cornstalkers). The shows lost a great deal of appeal in their last year when they moved to the Palace Theatre.

I have to disagree on the "more intense" theme, however. (Of course, this is coming from someone with younger and "tween" children.) My personal opinion, and it's just mine, is that there are plenty of more hardcore, gory attractions in the area. I much prefer the "startle" scares of HW than the outright bloody terror of other commercial haunted houses.

With the (expensive) resorts on peninsula, I believe CP needs to continue to cater to families and those who enjoy the "lighter" scares. You could always create one zone/house designed (and labeled) to be more intense than others.

Again, this is just IMHO.

I would love for Happy Jack's to return, but not as an outdoor attraction. That haunt was the best, and none others come close, although I was very impressed with Zombie high School. I do feel like there should be at least one "high intensity" haunt. Still keep a good amount that would provide simple startles, but it would be cool to have one that is geared toward people who actually want to be scared.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I really thought the Overlord started off the night with a theatrical BANG. They brought him to Luminosity's stage 2 years ago, but dropped it in 2013. I hope they bring him back this year.

Frito Joe

I'd like to see something else done with Fear Faire. It's been, relatively, the same thing since it started and it just doesn't do it for me personally. Though I'd still like to see those pavilions utilized as a haunt some how. There's a lot of potential space there.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I feel like they added a few new elements to Fear Faire 2 years ago. I could be wrong... and it doesn't seem like they added a LOT, but it seems like they did add some.

Yes they did and they re-route it so, with the exception of when you enter and exit, it's all under the pavilion.

There used to be 2 large sections outside. The market and the bungee/cemetary.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Trio of Terror in he glassblowing theatre woild be most welcome. Screamworks should be completely changed. That zone is the weakest, It was the best when it was Fright Zone.

I'd like to see two improvements:

1) More interaction, like role-playing/in-character conversations and such. It seems like it's all about jump scares these days

2) Batches, not a constant line. It's much less scary when there's a constant stream of people.

Definite VOTE for Trio of Terror in the Glass Blowing House!!
This was a must stop visit each time for Halloweekends. The area was so appropriate for the readings. It lost a lot of its charm the final year when it was moved to the back of the park.

Cedar Point: listen to all of us asking for Trio of Terror return...in the Glass Blowing House.

Hey Dave-We miss you and the Tell-Tale Heart...we remember you <3 and that story well.

I would like to see better organization of Halloweekends it is becoming lame and it seem like Cedar Point does not care even though Halloweekends brings in allot of revenue.When you look at other Cedar Fair haunted events much more money is poured into them, and ever time Cedar Point names something they bow down when someone complains, like Banshee for example CP had the name before and got rid of it now KI is using it. Anyways CP Halloweekends need more to it and better people managing it Park Operation does not care about Screamsters and they need to quit letting KIDS run it. People who care about it should be in charge not a bunch of Life Guards who sit around all day and do NOTHING. Make it more scary at night and more will come.

Last edited by Daretoscare,

I think a great deal of us would disagree with most of the last part of your statement. The passionate people have indeed been given more responsibilities in the last couple of years. Those kinds of changes don't happen immediately, but they are happening.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service