Thoughts on music changes throughout the park?

On one hand, I'm thrilled that they have speakers on the main midway that aren't over-driven and crappy sounding. On the other hand, they're a bit too loud.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The Main Midway, Celebration Plaza, and Frontier Trail actually sound good. Much better than the over-driven horns they used to have. Hopefully they'll expand this through the rest of the park, and maybe turn down the music in Maverick's queue house so you can actually talk over it without yelling.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Millennium's theme song was playing during Media Day.

I wouldn't mind if they played Metallica's national anthem to open the day. :)

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130503&content_id=46559590&c_id=mlb

Let's Get Weird.

Gatekeeper's queue music is too low. I can't hear it at all. I was hoping they would have a DJ there, but oh well. Some spots throughout the park need to turn the music up/down, but others are just right.

Can anyone confirm if they removed Millennium's station music? On Saturday I did not hear it once...quite a disappointment as a I feel it helps set the atmosphere for the ride like Dragster does with "Ready to Go"

If its not there, I'll be sure to load the song on my phone and play it on there. :)

Would like to ask the same thing a previous poster asked up-thread: any idea why Millenium and Dragster are not playing the station music? I understand it's probably the least of people's concerns but I always felt it added a little excitement and helped set the tone to the beginning of the ride.

Millennium's music still exists, at least. When a train was stopped on the lift hill about 10 feet outside the station on Saturday, the ride ops went through several attempts to get things restarted and the music would play at various points. I never heard it during normal operation all weekend though.

I was there yesterday 5/21 and did not hear it on any of the four rides I took, but it's good to know it still works/exists. Just don't understand why they aren't using it! Same with TTD. For the relatively little theming they do to the rides the pre-ride music helped a lot to set the theme.

I must be getting old. I found it refreshing to not have to shout over the music in order to talk to the person next to me while I was in Dragster's station.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

See I liked millie's music. It has more base to it for some reason than the track available on CP's website I feel. I talked with the op on opening day he said their mic didn't have a wind sock so any wind or noise and it's as if the person is "talking" so the music cuts out

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Jeff said:
On one hand, I'm thrilled that they have speakers on the main midway that aren't over-driven and crappy sounding. On the other hand, they're a bit too loud.

I'm with Jeff on this. Walking near CCMR last week and thought the music was way too loud - couldn't hear my daughter talking to me, and she was shouting...and my hearing is not that bad yet.

Maverick's new queue music is horrible. I'm not sure if that playlist is played throughout FT, but it's got some of the most depressing songs imaginable. I know there's more than enough upbeat country music out there that I shouldn't be hearing such sad music in an amusement park.

Brandon

I was there with my family on Memorial Day weekend and as we sat down to lunch I was mentioning to my husband that CP had updated their music and at that exact moment "Get on Your Feet" by Gloria Estefan started playing and we both laughed. So, there are still plenty of old pop songs still playing, but as others have said you will actually hear current music in the park. I also found the volume to be fine, not too loud at all or at least not nearly as loud as the group of 14 year olds in line in front of us who were beyond annoying (when did I get so old!?)

What was annoying, and I won't bother posting a rage thread, was the unjustified jump in food prices that has been talked to death on this site. It is honestly disgusting. Also, I had one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had at CP....but I said I wasn't gonna talk about it. :)

Last edited by jellin76,

^You should post a trip report! I'm interested in what was so bad about your experiences. Be sure to complain to the park if it was bad enough.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDjarwkI9tZuT-BUVBdH7X6LCDraFwU_G]

Can we get this playlist at the front gate like the old days? The park invested a lot of $$ through the years for original park jingles... let’s play them all!

Last edited by Tilt-a-Whirl,

The current theme song for the park might as well be ATC - All Around the World. It is very commonly played when I go to CP.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Your link doesn’t work.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Get to the Point, oooOOOOoooo~

There you go.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I loved when they had their own version of Summertime Blues in the mid 80's. During the lunch at WCO, they played it over the speakers and it brought back some great memories of my childhood at the park.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service