Crazy things you hear while waiting in line...

As a season ticket holder and a regular visitor of Cedar Point, I get a great joy out of listening to other people in line, who claim to be Cedar Point experts! For an example, yesterday while waiting in line for the Magnum, they opted to transfer off a train. A simple process that happens everyday...however according to the family behind me, they were putting the "Night Trains" on the tracks. The "Night Trains" are transfered on the tracks around 6pm everyday so that they can adhere to the tracks due to falling temperatures. I would have to ask...Where do they store these trains after the transfer process? This was made even more funny by the comment I heard last week about the Dragster and it's "Winter Wheels". Changing the wheels on the TTD helps it run smoother in warmer or cooler temperatures. This must be a simple process that happens daily? LOL I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard things like this...would love to hear your stories from the so called "Experts" we bump into in line or on the midway.
Last time we were there on 6/6, I heard some guy say "There is no way in he** that thing (I assume he was talking about the TTD) can go from 0-70 in less than 8 seconds, it's just not possible. They must have their radar thing rigged somehow".

I don't even bother to correct them. I just laugh.....I have heard many others, a few every time I visit. Can't think of any right now, but that one stands out because it was just yesterday. The TTD wasn't even running when he said that, so he didn't even see the radar.

I do often hear people refer to the Gemini as being the MS. The MF is almost 300' tall.

Oh....and my favorite...They need to figure out a way to run more than one train at a time on the WT so the lines could move a lot faster.

Things that make you go mmmmm.....

The Wicked Twister one is a GREAT example of what I'm talking about! Thanks for the laugh!!

I have also heard the MS and Gemini confusion, however while waiting in line for the MS we heard someone telling his friends that they had used the wood from Gemini to make Mean Steak! Last I knew, in fact I rode it several times yesterday, Gemini was still standing!

To correct someone isn't worth the time, however the thought of so many people walking around misenformed SCARES me!

One of the funniest things i hear was the second day the park was open this guy behind me said that cedar point should spend anouther 50 million to haul the lemmo (TTD) out of the park. He also went on to say that it has been non stop problems for the past 3 year for them. LOL

2005- Sky Ride
2006- Sky Ride
Happy not to be working at the Point any longer

The WT thing is hilarous, lol.

Can't wait for 07 season!

What I can't stand is experts that can't stand other people that think they're experts. They're SO annoying!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Great Line Jeff, I was thinking the same thing.

Granfair said:
This was made even more funny by the comment I heard last week about the Dragster and it's "Winter Wheels". Changing the wheels on the TTD helps it run smoother in warmer or cooler temperatures. This must be a simple process that happens daily? LOL

One Question though (for the experts). I thought that some of the coasters at CP do indeed have seperate sets of wheels made of different materials for different conditions. Is this not true?

come on they are just telling us some of the stories that the people actually believe that anyone with a little knowledge about rollercoasters could know is not true.
Thanks coolfun...I am far from an expert on Rollercoasters or Cedar Point. I just find the humor in other peoples comments, and thought other people would as well.
I heard a good one last weekend. I was riding magnum 3 seat. 1st car. There were first timers ahead of me in seat 2. I was teasing them saying it was my first ride to and i was scared a bit. They like yeah were scared to casue a guy fell out last year and died. And they really trully belived it. It was a kid about 17 and a girl prolly 18. I couldn't help but laugh. :(
I just love hearing the stories like "ya know 3 people were killed on this ride last year" I actually recently got in a fight with a girl about weather or not Magnum was still at CP. "It was sinking so they tore it down" wow...I cant even believe that rumor is still around.

Oh another one..My Boyfriends neighbor swears that he has seen MULTIPLE people fly out of Blue streak, but we never hear about it bacause its part of a big CP cover-up. I just laughed in his face and walked away...this guy is an idiot.

I also hear the Gemini being mistaken for Mean Streak. There was something really funny I heard about Mantis in line once but I can't remember...

James K. said:
I thought that some of the coasters at CP do indeed have seperate sets of wheels made of different materials for different conditions. Is this not true?

then coolfun5688 said:
come on they are just telling us some of the stories that the people actually believe that anyone with a little knowledge about rollercoasters could know is not true.
Actually, in Millennium Force's first and second year, it did have a variety of wheels used in different configurations that reacted differently in different temperature conditions. A cold train on a cold morning, empty, would be prone to rollbacks. This problem dated back to Superman at Darien Lake. They still need to load between four and eight dummies in the train just to be safe in the morning test runs, but it sure beats having to load it full.

Apparently they settled on one wheel material that works reasonably well in a variety of conditions, because they all seem to be the same now, or at the very least they're using similar materials and not the nylon wheels anymore. Monty Jasper, the VP of maintenance, told a group in the winter before Dragster opened that they can now use the same wheels on MF, Twister and Dragster.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Hey cedarpointchic,

"Weather" is how it is outside, "cant" should read "can't, "Oh" should read "Oh," "Boyfriends" should read "Boyfriend's". If you are going to capitalize "Blue", you should capitalize "streak".

Those are just the obvious ones...:P

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Thanks, I'll be sure to remember that...I always do the capitalization thing..lol..you people and punctuation..
Sorry, it's just a "Pet Peeve" of mine.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Last year in the Dragster line a guy commented on how the water that was dripping out of the of the track was the hydrolic fluid from the launch. He looked at his friend and said he didn't think it was safe to ride.

Dan

Yesterday there were a couple guys on our Magnum train that swore they only turned the trims off on employee ride nights and stuff. They said this after I told them the trims were off before leaving the station.

You also have the typical names messed up. I.E: Top Fuel Dragster. I also heard someone call it the "Wicked Dragster."

One more thing is all the stupid people that go into the Freeway Entrance that don't have a stamp. The sign says "Freeway Entrance", I never heard of the ride called Freeway have you?

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that someone in line for Magnum asked me if it did any flips. That was hard not to laugh at. *** Edited 6/8/2004 2:56:06 AM UTC by fat chris***

2005 - Dragster Photo
2002-2007 - Season Pass

Freeway Coaster at Adventure City is close enough for me! ;)

Rich G / PTC99

I was at Cedar Point last year with a bunch of my friends. One of them said, "Hey, let's go on the Wicked Sister!" I just stopped and looked at him funny, then I started laughing really hard and so did all of my friends. I've also heard people say before the Point opened this season that the Dragster was torn down because two people died. Supposedly an old lady had a heart-attack and a man snapped his neck on the launch. I got into a big argument, but he still believes it's true.

-Eagle-

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

Last year while in line for MF TTD started testing. Most people in line were watching it, and the first couple of test launches rolled back. Well, I hear the guy in line behind me explaining to the person he was with that since there were no brakes on the launch track, whenever it rolled back it crashed and that was why the ride was down so much.

While not related to coasters, I did hear something funny this year, once again in line for MF. The guy behind me was talking to someone about Lake Erie and he asked someone else "I know this is a stupid question, but is that a salt water lake?" The funniest part was not the question, but that the person he was with told him it was. The stuff you hear in line.

-Paul

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service