Winter Chill Out 2018

I had the Frontier Inn chicken tenders often but only stopped at Chick-fil-A a couple of times while it was at CP. Not a huge fan of Chick-fil-A, if CP had to get a franchised chicken place I would enjoy KFC more. But, it is what it is. Those who don't like Chick-fil-A for either political reasons or taste simply don't have to go there. Plenty of other places at CP, especially this year with the upgraded food in Frontier Town.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

When Jason McClure announced that Frontier Inn was getting replaced by Chik-fil-a the crowd in my group cheered very loud.

Cedar Point must have had a lot of complaints that they removed Chik-fil-a.

I could care less one way or another, but I know kids really like Chik-fil-a, so let them have theirs too.

What do you think would happen if they removed Panda Express.

Oh the complaining. There is no way you would make those people "Whole"

I had never once in my life eaten Panda Express until my visit to the park last summer. Now I am fully addicted.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Well you are the expert in what will make a person whole.

The media day/enthusiast debate is the most god awfully boring thing I can think of to read about. Can we please keep it in the media day thread so I can just skip over it completely?

Shawn Meyer said:
I know some people are butt hurt that Frontier Inn will be replaced by Chik-fil-A, but in my opinion, I love Chik-Fill-A more anyway. Even when I'm near my school in North Canton, I love stopping in there. Their chicken sandwiches are to die for. I'm also excited that there will be more opportunities for me to spot Charlie Brown on the main midway!

Bad news for me, since I work every day but Sunday. They should have revolving signage to change the name on Sunday to keep it open.

djDaemon said:

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

Gay Marriage is legal in the United States.

Equal rights has not been achieved. Our current POTUS has indicated he wants to appoint activist judges to the Supreme Court who would overturn Obergefell v. Hodges. He also proposed banning transgenders from serving in the military, urged a federal appeals court to rule that the Civil Rights Act does not protect against job discrimination based on sexual orientation, attended the Values Voters Summit, and has a VP who has an absolutely horrific record on LGBT rights, including promoting "conversion therapy."

In short, you have no idea what you're talking about. Civil rights is an ongoing struggle, just as it's always been. And we have an administration that is as opposed to civil rights as any in a long, long time.

While I am 100% on board for gay rights, in NO WAY was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 intended by the authors of the act, congress, or anyone else to ensure gay rights in the workplace. Talk about activist judges, that is one convoluted reading of the purpose of the act.

Pass a law on its own merits, it's about time.

I'm still not sure why Obama didn't push gay rights legislation when he had the chance. Now that the evangelicals found their voice it's a tough road.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:
The only fast food chain within the Disney parks is Starbucks.

For decades there was a McDonald's in Disney's Animal Kingdom, by the dinosaurs.

Rugrats2001 said:

...in NO WAY was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 intended by the authors of the act, congress, or anyone else to ensure gay rights in the workplace. Talk about activist judges, that is one convoluted reading of the purpose of the act.

Really? You were there, discussing gay rights with them at the time?

It's a perfectly logical extension of the Act, considering the Act prohibits discrimination based on personal characteristics that are both unrelated to job performance and none of the employer's business.

Now that the evangelicals found their voice it's a tough road.

Right, just like segregationist "evangelicals" found their voice when using religion to deny civil rights in the late 19th/early 20th century. It's not as if this is a new phenomenon. People have been using their "religious values" to suppress the rights of others for a long damn time.

As for Obama, I honestly don't know where you were during his presidency, because his LGBT rights record is rather solid:

• Repealed "Don't ask, don't tell"
  • Extended FMLA to cover same-sex couples
  • Promoted a repeal of DOMA
  • Promoted ENDA
  • Added, via EO, gender identity and sexual orientation as protected classes for federal workers
  • Supported and signed the Matthew Shepard Act adding the same classes to federal hate crimes coverage

Brandon

djDaemon said:

Rugrats2001 said:

...in NO WAY was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 intended by the authors of the act, congress, or anyone else to ensure gay rights in the workplace. Talk about activist judges, that is one convoluted reading of the purpose of the act.

Really? You were there, discussing gay rights with them at the time?

It's a perfectly logical extension of the Act, considering the Act prohibits discrimination based on personal characteristics that are both unrelated to job performance and none of the employer's business.

Now that the evangelicals found their voice it's a tough road.

Right, just like segregationist "evangelicals" found their voice when using religion to deny civil rights in the late 19th/early 20th century. It's not as if this is a new phenomenon. People have been using their "religious values" to suppress the rights of others for a long damn time.

As for Obama, I honestly don't know where you were during his presidency, because his LGBT rights record is rather solid:

• Repealed "Don't ask, don't tell"
  • Extended FMLA to cover same-sex couples
  • Promoted a repeal of DOMA
  • Promoted ENDA
  • Added, via EO, gender identity and sexual orientation as protected classes for federal workers
  • Supported and signed the Matthew Shepard Act adding the same classes to federal hate crimes coverage

Good post.

kjettski said:

<SNIP>

Good post.

You had to quote the entire post and then only add "good post" to it? Isn't that what the "Vote Up" option is for?

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

So, if there is a first rider benefit instead of the auction, what do you think the price per ticket would be? I have no idea what they sold for during the auction, so I don’t really have a guess as of what the benefit cost would be.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I think I've heard from past events, it was somewhere in the $50 to $60 range per person, which is an absolute value if true.

I’d pay that much to be one of the first riders. Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you get a t-shirt saying you were one of the first riders?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

At the Valravn First Rider Auction, you did not get a t shirt but it was a 1st class event. Food was amazing and tons of ERT. We did 14 or so laps on Valravn that evening. You did walk away with some nice things but cant remember all of what we received. I would rather see more of these type events and less of this whole media day talk thats going on.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

^I would probably pay for the event. That said, it'd be nice to have some sort of passholder preview back. But 50 dollars seems reasonable for an event with good food. It's just a shame that we got a really large portion of that VIP treatment in 2013 and 2014 (at CP and KI) for free and it'll probably never happen again :(.

How long was the Valravn event?

The front row seats were $500 and the rest went for $75 for the evening. I think it lasted 3+ hours or so.

All events evolve at parks. While the media days for Gatekeeper and the Gemini Midway were great, the park has moved on to other events. I think people here should as well. There will be plenty of opportunities to ride Steel Vengeance.

Steve Shives

Would the event be the day before opening?

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

I think the Valravn event was on a Thursday evening if I remember correctly. The park hasn't announced any of the events leading up to opening day yet.

Steve Shives

^^The day before opening is OSU Day. Anyone can go, not just OSU Alumni or Students. There is a admission fee, passes do not work that day.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service