Winter Chill Out 2018

djDaemon said:

So what you're saying is that their discriminatory practices enticed you not only to support their business, but to brag about that being the reason? Wow, classy!

No, not at all. What I am saying is that I've never eaten there and have never had the opportunity to eat there. Up until a few years ago, I had basically never even heard of the place. But the name has come up so often in these forums that it is now a chicken place that I am aware of and it is now returning/replacing a chicken place that I really enjoyed dining at.

So through the negative PR it received here, I guess I am saying that bad PR is still PR. As I said, politics aside, I still like chicken.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Walt said:
Here are some photos Adam was kind enough to share from Saturday:

https://pointbuzz.com/Photo/Album/800

Where did the Maverick ride sign go? Repaint?

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

djDaemon said:

In short, you have no idea what you're talking about.

So you base all of your spending habits on politics? You are so noble for boycotting Chick Fil A. Enjoy your self-righteous stroll through the park while wearing your sweat-shop created Cedar Point T-Shirt, and your Maverick SnowGlobe made by a 6 year old who works 17 hour days.

Afterall--- Civil Rights only belong to Americans and not the rest of the world.

https://waronwant.org/sweatshops-china

Tu quoque (with a pinch of straw man and a dusting of ad hominem).

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Cargo Shorts said:
The park would prefer you to rent one of their $300/night changing rooms.

I was trying to figure out how to word that exact thought...

ROUNDABOUND.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

djDaemon said:

In short, you have no idea what you're talking about.

So you base all of your spending habits on politics? You are so noble for boycotting Chick Fil A. Enjoy your self-righteous stroll through the park while wearing your sweat-shop created Cedar Point T-Shirt, and your Maverick SnowGlobe made by a 6 year old who works 17 hour days.

Afterall--- Civil Rights only belong to Americans and not the rest of the world.

https://waronwant.org/sweatshops-china

Most clothes are made in other countries where the workers are treated horribly. Guess we're going to have to wear nothing.

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

You guys will just have to agree to disagree.

Regarding Maverick's signs. Nothing was said or asked during the tour but I'm betting they're getting refurbished.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I just finished up my photo trip report from the day, it was such an amazing experience! Check it out here to learn all about my tour and to see some cool behind-the-scenes pictures.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

TwistedWicker77 said:

In terms of restrooms at CPS, there should 100% be larger restrooms over by Schooners in my opinion. Nothing worse than breaking the seal and having to wait in a long line over by the restrooms next to the wave pool. I wish I would’ve spent more time at the water park last year to be honest.

Again, why wait in line for the restrooms over by the wave pool when you can use the restrooms by the splash zone (now SplasH20) with no wait. Its the same distance walk if not even closer.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Do they have showers?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

^In the men's room near SplasH2O, you enter into a row of changing rooms (most, if not all, have showers and metal locking doors, although IIRC one or two might have curtains) while the other section has the toilets, urinals, and sinks. It's smaller than the large changing room that was sealed off, but it's the largest proper changing area left if you don't want to risk your clothes ending up in a toilet.

Last edited by GigaG,

Disney World made President Trump look like Emperor Palpatine in the Hall of Presidents, but I’m not boycotting Disney. I enjoy Disney, so I will continue to watch their movies and go to their parks. I like Chick Fil A’s chicken. I’m going to eat their chicken.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

(For the record)

Disney audits all overseas companies they use for their merchandise to ensure they meet the highest of standards for safety and workplace equality... they also don't sell Chick Fil A. :)

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

(For the record)

Disney audits all overseas companies they use for their merchandise to ensure they meet the highest of standards for safety and workplace equality... they also don't sell Chick Fil A. :)

Does Disney sell a lot of fast food franchises in their parks? I'm genuinely curious, I haven't been to a Disney property since I was a toddler.

Last edited by GigaG,

The only fast food chain within the Disney parks is Starbucks.

Morals, values, and beliefs aside, I simply eat Chick Fil A because it tastes good in my opinion, and is convenient.

Tilt-a-Whirl said:
(For the record)

https://www.corp-research.org/disney

I’ll let you read for yourself about the house of mouse.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I resent that swipe against Emperor Palpatine!

Make the Galaxy Great Again.....

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Seeing as my university has a Chick-Fil-A which is on dining plan and I pretty much eat it every day, the news of it returning isn’t that exciting to me. Haha.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service