Wing Walker going to Six Flags...Does this reflect CF 2013?

Chief Wahoo said:
A. Jeff is right.

B. Cedar Point did not get the first B&M inverted coaster but most would agree they got the best in Raptor.

Not many people would agree that Raptor is the best. One of the best, but not the best.

Your Mom ... - but it isn't very intimidating, which means a lot of kids will probably go on it. 48 inches isn't as tall as the coaster world makes it out to be.

An addition I really want in the park is a Foamball Factory. The one at Valleyfair! is a lot of fun, and families can enter them together. I just wish they got rid of the height restriction.

The last family "ride" built at Cedar Point was in 1999....Woodstock Express, and that's pushing it, as I hardly consider that a family ride.

In my own opinion, to find the last dedicated family ride built at Cedar Point...well....I'm at a loss. When was WWL built? 1987?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

A rollercoaster "is" something the whole family can (and does) enjoy together. Where the idea that coasters are strictly for thrillseekers came from is beyond me. It just depends on the ages of the "family" members. Not all familys consist of children under 48 inch tall. Remember the movie "national lampoons vacation"?:)

The thing that baffles me, is when they build a new attraction and go out of the way to call it a "family" ride, but it has a height restriction that prevents the "entire" family to ride together if your family does have young children.

The types of rides on the market that the "entire" family can enjoy together are somewhat limited(unless your talking Disney). Sure there are rides like the ferris wheel, merry go round, and train ride, but these are rides you can find in many places close to home. What they need is something unique that you can't find in many places that gives the family a reason to travel. You know....something like the paddle wheel boat ride.
The dino attraction is something that just about every city has is some form or another.

Last edited by crazy horse,

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

But there is one breed of family ride that everyone can enjoy, and it just so happens to be a huge hole in the lineup: Dark Ride.

I truly think that Ouimet was brought in for this reason. For all the good Kinzel did, he either did not care or did not understand the concept of family attractions/

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Looks like Dollywood is getting the 1st Wing Coaster since their season opens before the Six Flags park. Way to go DW!! I visited last year and it is an amazing place. It isn't just about coasters. Its about putting the whole experience together. CP needs to move in that direction also, but I don't think a $5 dinosaur attraction will cut it. Sea World did that years ago and didn't charge to see them. And before anyone says "Well SW isn't there anymore", the park didn't close due to lack of business.

crazy horse said:
Oh excuse me king........

You don't get to question my credibility and then be a snarky dick who can't figure out how to use the quote feature.

The Dollywood ride actually looks more interesting that the one for Great America, because of the terrain and the care taken to not clear-cut the construction site. Looks like it's taller, too, though I'm not convinced that matters as much for a ride of that type. Guess we'll have to ride both to confirm!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Yeah both look good. Wild Eagle is taller and faster, but X-flight has one more inversion. X-flight also has those 2 flythroughs, which look cool.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I can be as snarky as I want to be. You are not my dad. I have just as much of a right to question you, as you do me.

And just because you have some friends on the inside, does not mean they are telling you everything, or are correct....just saying.

The x flight flythrough looks amazing. I wonder what kind of theaming that dollywood has in mind for wild eagle?

Has anyone here been on this type of coaster before? I am curious if the trains are as big as X2?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Actually, no, if you continue to be snarky you won't be posting anything here.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Just from looking at the simulation, to me, it does seem like the wing walkers (I thought they were wing riders..?) do look too big a tad bigger than X2 trains.

So Cedar Point passed on B & M floorless and flying coasters...will they also pass on Wing-Riders?

I agree that we all just need to ride both to find out which is better. If any of you out there have never been to Dollywood, here's your excuse. Hands down one of the more beautiful parks in the country.

Promoter of fog.

^I think Busch gardens IIS also a beautiful park.

No argument here about that. BG Williamsburg is actually my favorite non-CP park to visit.

Promoter of fog.

BG Tampa is also nice. But Williamsburg beats it out.

I think both BGW and DW are the amazing parks. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. DW is beautiful and it is very relaxing. BGW is beautiful but has more excitement. I rate them both as my favorite parks. Both parks are adding amazing coasters next season so it will be hard to decide which to visit.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is also my favorite theme park. I even like the SeaWorld Parks better than Disney. When I found out that Anheuser Busch Inbev was selling the theme parks, I thought that it would be the end of quality at those parks; I was definitively wrong, BGW has probably gotten better since Blackstone has taken over.

Had anyone seen any simulations or anything for that new coaster going to BGW? I can't seem to find one. I think its called Vanderbolten...?

It would have been bad news if InBev held them much longer. It was largely behind the scenes issues, but in the long run they would have surfaced. Blackstone is more hands off, like Busch was pre-acquisition.

Jeff said:
Actually, no, if you continue to be snarky you won't be posting anything here.

Easy man. I know you hold yourself to high regard, but disagreements happen, and you never gave any factual proof of anything you posted. From an outsider perspective, it seems like you came off a bit arrogant. Nothing against you, and I love the site --- Just saying.

As for the topic at hand, I don't think the current trend of Wing Walkers will change what Cedar Point has planned for that area between Raptor and Blue Streak. Hopefully Cedar Point has already contacted B&M to make the biggest and baddest of it's kind. *Fingers crossed*

SSL488 said:
Had anyone seen any simulations or anything for that new coaster going to BGW? I can't seem to find one. I think its called Vanderbolten...?

Don't believe they have gave any info on the ride yet, excluding the name.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service