Wing Walker going to Six Flags...Does this reflect CF 2013?

Which Batman

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

This one....
http://rcdb.com/5.htm?p=0

Video of it here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xb0bSBdBw0

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

needless quote removed.

I live in the Cleveland area and I know a lot of people going to Kennywood this year. Cedar point has made no big upgrades with the park and the water park. I have visited geauga lake quite a few times, times that I would go to cedar point instead.

I admit I went to geauga lake because it's been so hot but it's not a bad water park. It's small but they have a funnel. Funnels are just awesome and I'd rather going to geauga lake than soak city because of the funnel.

Also about Kennywood, that's a nice (somewhat) local amusement park and there new skyrocket coaster has gotten good reviews.

IMO, cedar point needs a great new coaster/flat ride.

Last edited by Jeff,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Kevinj said:
^^

It may seem like that from the outside looking in, but the amount of money that someone like yourself (generally speaking...you of course could be an outlier) spends in and on the park is pennies to the dollars that families spend.

You spend less at the door, and you spend less once you are inside that door.

Technically I'm a college student that has no money, but I've got my entire family to Cedar Point on multiple occasions, from Minnesota. Without me they wouldn't even have known about Cedar Point. We bring in money, even if it's indirectly.

I almost forgot, I will not be going to Cedar Point next year. Not because I hate the addition of Dinosaurs Alive, but because it doesn't interest me. Hopefully it will bring in a lot of money from families, it just won't be my family...

Looking forward to 2013 though.

Last edited by Renegade,

At the park on Tuesday I overheard several guests in lines talking about the lack of coaster additions in recent years. They all seemed disappointed that no major thrills have been added in a few years. And like crazy horse said, all of my family and friends know that I am a coaster junkie and keep asking when Cedar Point is going to add the next big thing. In the past +/- 20 years Cedar Point has made their name as the coaster capital of the world so they will always have that fanbase who expects that.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Yet they were still at the park. The lack of coaster additions has obviously not kept them from coming.

crazy horse said:
I am from the Detroit area, and I know a lot of people going/went to six flags this summer. I am not sure where you get your info from, other than a guess.

Don't you think that after 12+ years of doing this I've made a few friends around the industry? Phone calls, e-mail, midway chats, in the halls at IAAPA... you know, you make a few friends and learn things.

Cedar Point's business is not impacted in any significant way by anything that goes on at any Six Flags park. This was even the case when Six Flags was a direct competitor.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

They definitely do need to have more family attractions, but family attractions are generally a lot less expensive than the bigger thrills. We are in financial troubles right now, so maybe due to the fact that the family attractions are cheaper, CP is adding those instead of the more expensive things.

I do believe that 2012 should have been a thrill or coaster. So now it leaves 2013 for a big addition.

Jeff said:

crazy horse said:
I am from the Detroit area, and I know a lot of people going/went to six flags this summer. I am not sure where you get your info from, other than a guess.

Don't you think that after 12+ years of doing this I've made a few friends around the industry? Phone calls, e-mail, midway chats, in the halls at IAAPA... you know, you make a few friends and learn things.

Cedar Point's business is not impacted in any significant way by anything that goes on at any Six Flags park. This was even the case when Six Flags was a direct competitor.

Oh excuse me king........

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Jeff said:

crazy horse said:

What do you consider a significant impact?

Is there a reason why SF has no impact on business? Is it because it's "Cedar Point"? Or is it merely convenience? (ie location)

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

SSL488 said:
They definitely do need to have more family attractions, but family attractions are generally a lot less expensive than the bigger thrills. We are in financial troubles right now, so maybe due to the fact that the family attractions are cheaper, CP is adding those instead of the more expensive things.

I do believe that 2012 should have been a thrill or coaster. So now it leaves 2013 for a big addition.

In the last 5 years what "family attractions" has CP invested in? The height restrictions on all so called family attractions they have added are to restrictive to be called family attractions. Which has been mentioned exhaustively on this site recently.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^Dinosaurs Alive! has no height restriction! ;)

Let's Get Weird.

That's not true. All dinosaurs must be at least 48" tall to participate in the exhibit.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Planet Snoopy and Starlight Experience

A. Jeff is right.

B. Cedar Point did not get the first B&M inverted coaster but most would agree they got the best in Raptor.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Corkscrew Follies said:

SSL488 said:

In the last 5 years what "family attractions" has CP invested in? The height restrictions on all so called family attractions they have added are to restrictive to be called family attractions. Which has been mentioned exhaustively on this site recently.

Umm try Planet Snoopy, Starlight, Shoot The Rapids, and Now Dinos. Pretty much all of their additions after maverick, with the exception of Windseeker, have been family attractions.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^Shoot the Rapids has the high height restriction though. Thats what we are talking bout.

Let's Get Weird.

Another point: Yes, Planet Snoopy was intended for the kids and parents "can" ride a few of the attractions with them. But, it isn't an area that is suitable for the entire family..particularly if you have kids that straddle the line between kiddie and adult rides.

And, I really don't know if I have a full grasp of who Dinos is supposed to attract.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Thanks Chief, that was the point I was wanting to make.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service