Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

thanks bro

for that location the only dates are 2022

On ramp is 2022, if you go onto the expressway lanes it's 2023. I don't have an ability to attach screenshots from my phone at the moment.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Bottom right shows the date. All it shows it April 2023.

While were doing this, this is as of March 2023 at Macks Fabrication facility. We have some grey box track pieces.

Wasnt there some grey test paint on one of dragsters supports?

We sure could use some drone flyovers. I wonder if LEL is up for some road tripping?

Their video of the crane set up and people working on it is up already. Was going to drive downtown and see if anything was visible, but they beat me to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4i4adk0g0Y

Crane is ~380 ft it looks like according to research folks have done previously. It's a basket, so won't be hoisting anything..

That crane indeed does not appear to be tall enough to do extensive top hat work

Turns out there was a cat stuck in TTD's structure.

Home safe according to El Toro Ryan.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

BleauxJays:
That crane indeed does not appear to be tall enough to do extensive top hat work

That crane is not fully extended, just fyi.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Just to stir up the pot, even though I don't know what I'm looking at...

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff, NexGen, you cracked the code, we've all been wrong, as a precaution Cedar Fair is apparently having Intamin, Mack, and Zamperala all integrate different parts of their products into the TTD 2.0 project!

Interesting to see the crane at that height (Kevin I couldn't find that video /s) I wonder if that would work for the talks of the vertical launch LSMs?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

As Adam points out, the boom, which is telescopic, does not appear to be fully extended (the yellow section near the base, see below), so what we see might not be the crane's full reach. And they can easily set the basket down and pick up something else.

Brandon

TwistedCircuits:

vertical launch LSMs

God I really hope people are wrong about this part and the launch doesn’t continue up the top hat. It’s already going to be less impactful than the Hydraulic launch. If it is so weak it needs a spike and LSMs up the tower yikes

Saw these

I don't believe you can extend the boom on those cranes when they have the truss attached.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

First time posting, long time follower. I couldn’t figure out how to post a picture but have copied a link. The crane manufacturer shows different configurations for this crane and you’ll notice the boom will not fully extend with the attachment currently in use for TTD. So the crane height we currently see appears to be maxed out.

One thought I’m not sure anyone has posted, they could be adding a drop ride to the tower like Kingda ka? Considering the age, ridership and location of Power Tower. The rides near Power Tower were relocated to the Boardwalk and people have suggested corkscrews days are numbered. This would open a good chunk of land for future rides/rollercoaster.

https://www.liebherr.com/en...0-6.2.html

That's interesting about the crane being maxed out in that configuration, especially given the implications for this project.

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service