Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Who's on first?

argues just for clicks

Wacky Rollercoaster Tycoon idea of the day. A revolving transfer track. 2 cool features. 1. You get trains that alternate launching facing the top hat or facing the swing launch. (Train pulls forward into the transfer. Rotates into position which makes it launch “backward”. Comes into the station backwards. Slides into the transfer and rotates back to facing “forwards”.) 2. Capacity. You can have 3 loaded trains at a time. 1 running. 1 pulled out onto the transfer table ready to spin into position, 1 in station unloading/loading.

Sometimes as a joke it could reverse right back into the station to the disappointment of everyone on the train

The question is, when will that Theme Park Predictions YouTube guy take his 'L' on his "MASSIVE SPIKE FOOTER" take?

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

Sit tight fellas ;)

Sit tight and you'll find out, pal.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I’m not your pal, buddy.

Another drone video with a few new developments, more lagoon gravel in odd places, and not too 'over the top' with speculation. Also spotted new construction on the celebration stage. Wouldn't mind seeing a return of All Wheels, or acrobats or something similar.

Last edited by Hudson,

The fill of the lagoon with gravel in areas has me stumped. I don't even have a guess at this point.

Especially right behind Coasters

The area near Coasters being filled will be the re-located entrance to re-imagined TTD. Travel along where they filled with gravel beyond the fence towards the mysterious triangle area. The old TTD entrance is completely a thing of the past.

That seems unlikely.

While it makes sense that they'd relocate the queue to somewhere other than the infield, it makes little sense to move the entrance that far away. There's nearly enough area outside of the infield on existing terra firma to have relocated the queue.

Plus, given that the gravel in the lagoon (other than the mysterious triangle) is not supported in any way, it seems quite clear that it's only there temporarily. Without anything to support it, the gravel would eventually wash away.

Brandon

A queue line entrance in that space is less believable than the spike.

I would imagine if there was permanent expansion into the lagoon planned they would drive more pylons for coffer dams right?

To your point Brandon, could these gravel beds be temporary access paths for other work? What's in the lagoon here that needs maintained/service. The gravel path with the crane mat looks really interesting to me in that spot. Could that be left there over the season without interfering with iron dragon then used next off season?

Also I didn't see anything by coasters before. Could this all be part of the larger idea of returning the entire midway as part of the new ride? The corkscrew plaza back to Magnums entrance would make sense for that new themed area to me and I'm pretty sure it's been discussed before. Those were be the "entrance portals" as it were.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

To me, a layman, the gravel-only areas appear to be very temporary access points for equipment, such as excavators, etc. Equipment that isn't terribly precise, since the unsupported gravel will shift during use, and will have to be "rebuilt" from time to time.

The triangular platform, given the presence of pilings and what appear to be large wooden planks to distribute weight, appear to be temporary, but much more stable access points for very heavy equipment. Whatever equipment is going to be used there, they are ensuring it does not shift during use. So I'd guess a large crane will be situated on the platform. And given they went to the considerable expense of creating this off the midway, when presumably they could have used the midway itself at less expense and trouble, I'd further guess they intend on employing the use of this platform during the operating season.

So, gun-to-my-head-guess, they're going to be constructing something quite tall and they're going to be doing so before the end of the season.

Of course it's far more likely that I am way off base.

Brandon

I just can't wait for the next update with crappy guitar music and computer generated voice-over!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Seeing work behind Coasters makes me wonder if the old Matterhorn and Scrambler location could somehow tie into this project.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

Jeff:

I just can't wait for the next update with crappy guitar music and computer generated voice-over!

Sit tight fella

argues just for clicks

That YouTube channel Jeff is referring to is incredibly annoying to watch. They’ve clearly never seen a footer put together before.

Sigh. Anyone can say anything nowadays especially on YouTube and it generates buzz even if it is all BS.

Also I love how a joke that was made like, months ago on here is now being driven straight into the ground over and over again. (Hint: it’s not funny anymore)

Last edited by mgou58,

Man, that “sit tight” thing never gets old, does it?
😑

Anyway, I’m curious to know what shape and form the old Matterhorn/Scrambler plot will take this season. In the interim it would make a great little location for limited run events like Science Days. Or during the season when staffing is short it would be a great location for a food truck corral and would keep all of that in one location. There’s room for umbrella tables and there’s a place that sells drinks.
All of this before ‘25 when a big, thrilling new flat is installed, lol.

I appreciate the content, but yes, the videos are not great. Too much text overlay, and throughout the video a Dragster logo takes up a third of the screen. Also, some timestamps would be helpful, since it's clear some of the video was taken prior to the placement of gravel alongside the midway, which happened last week, in a video purporting to show an update "from Tuesday 04/04".

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service