Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

It’s not like the original Dragster could launch a train as soon as the previous one cleared the top hat - it took a solid minute, likely more, for the launch to reset. The swing launch cycle won’t take longer than a minute to complete, and if two trains are loaded at the same time as before, the next one will be ready to go once the previous train goes through the swing cycle and over the top hat. Same capacity, assuming the trains hold the same number of riders.

Agreed, and on a ride like MF the train needs to complete the entire circuit before the next train can go down the first hill and that even with a swing launch it would still be shorter than that.

How many people does one MF train seat? 32?

xtremecoasters:

Ok then if you are going to split hairs, Maverick then. Timing will be similar with a swing launch and train size will be about the same.

xtremecoasters:

Something like 36? Not sure if you’re asking if that’s up to and including me.

Not sure how we can make any real judgments here when we literally dont know anything about the new ride

Yeah, not much is known at this time. Guess we’re all going to sit tight.

Yep, sit tight ;)

Sit tight fellas ;)

How do you know TTD v2.0 won't be a stand up coaster?

It is going to be a flyer.

chances are the capacity of the trains will be larger, if it's a swing launch. Takes less power than a single launch (because of the boost of the swing) and so you can likely run trains with more people, particularly if them end up using Zamperla's lightweight trains.

True, cycle time should be a little longer with a swing launch.... won't be a capacity monster, but certainly better than TTD's average .....

Last edited by veritas55,

TTD 120mph:

I think you may be over hyping the "complexity" of a high speed switch track/swing launch. As far as I can tell, the rides that utilize them are a bajillion times more reliable than Dragster's bajillion sensors...

Exactly this. The complexity isn't so much a result of what features a coaster has, and far more a result of how those features are implemented.

Brandon

TTD 120mph:

rides that utilize them are a bajillion times more reliable than Dragster's bajillion sensors

Bajillion. I like that word. That would make a cool name for a new ride, possibly for a giga coaster.

I wonder if the closure of Wicked Twister had a connection to Dragster 2.0? If the new Dragster is going to a similar launching system that Wicked Twister used, would they just re-locate the power line? Perhaps they could not run both rides at the same time - and so Wicked Twister had to go. Another reason to think this project was in the works well before the 2021 incident.

I think the new boardwalk had to do with the closure of WT.

argues just for clicks

That too, of course.

We all know the REAL reason Twister went. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

That footer is incredibly big so I believe the spike will happen just maybe not 500 footer

What footer?

That one.

Promoter of fog.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service