The Name of 2003

I never said S:TR was the actual name, just a working title among some folks. Speaking of initials, though, the arguments I've heard (offline) for RPM seem to be pretty good.

Big D said:

Electroblast, your a moron.

Anybody else see the irony there?

------------------
- John
Support Rob in theGreat DDR Challenge!

*** This post was edited by Michael Darling 1/7/2003 12:30:09 AM ***

How about "The John F. Kennedy Jr. Experience"...?
Afterburner
------------------
Gravy!

Spryboy said:
How about "The John F. Kennedy Jr. Experience"...?

That is wrong on so many levels.

I'm putting my money on LL:TE "Linda Lovelace: The Experience" It works for me.
My girlfriend says it'll be John Holmes: The Ride. (not sure if the guys last name is spelled correctly, but you all know who I'm talking about)
Gee, Chief...if you didn't like the John F. Kennedy Jr. Experience, then why didn't you bash the John Denver Experience? Or the Skynard one? Anyway, although tacky, at least some people have a bit of a sense of humor (and I'll show my age and say I LIKED John Denver!!)

Personally, I don't care what they call it, but I'm still betting on some kind of "racing" theme. Or as much as CP "themes" rides.

------------------
I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

Michael Darling said:

Big D said:

Electroblast, your a moron.

Anybody else see the irony there?

------------------
- John
Support Rob in theGreat DDR Challenge!

*** This post was edited by Michael Darling 1/7/2003 12:30:09 AM ***

Not really....

------------------
- Dennis
NYC Subways, The next best thing to riding roller coasters.

Big D, You spelled you're wrong (your) yet still managed to call someone else a moron.
Kill me, somebody kill me please. I spelled You're wrong. How does that make me a moron? I dont go around yelling the name of the coaster out. Just for the fun of it, i'll go around looking for all YOUR little mistakes. This should be fun.

Edit- Ehh, Actually...Its ok, I actually have a life, To be going around looking and critisizing others mistakes.

------------------
- Dennis
NYC Subways, The next best thing to riding roller coasters.
*** This post was edited by Big D 1/7/2003 9:27:47 AM ***

Sorry Old CPer. I didn't see the John Denver or Skynard posts. I shouldn't have singled you out.

I do poke a lot of fun around here but I don't do it at the expense of dead people.

I will say that I, too, like John Denver music and I am not ashamed to admit I have a couple of his CD's.

Didn't we have the same conversation regarding Millennium Force when it comes things like this?? :)

------------------
Scott W. Short, Rail Junkie
mailto:scott@midwestcoastercentral.com
http://www.midwestcoastercentral.com

Hahahaha. Good times. I remember the Millennium Force drink.

Good thing the ride is not, I repeat, NOT "Electroblast."

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP - Sillynonsense.com
DELETED!

While we're keeping things at such a high standard...I was struggling not to invoke The Onion's #1 least popular coaster name (Challenger '86!) but there's really no point.

-'Playa

------------------
The CPlaya 100--6 days, 9 parks, 47 coasters, 2037 miles and a winner.....LoCoSuMo.

Well, Jeff does know a lot more about this thing then we do. But when I was at a supervisor meeting at park Op; there was a VHS tape laying on a back office desk labeled "Attraction 2003: Electroblast". And my silver tag even told me about it. But maybe they have changed the name since June 02? However, I saw what I saw and I am going to have to stick with it.

Debra Reinauer Supervisor

You've mentioned your "silver tag" several times. I apologize if this is something obvious that I should know, but what/who is a silver tag?

--James

A silver tag is a full-timer that works year-round at the park. Their name tag is generally a silver plastic etched tag. Seasonals have tags that are more or less season passes with a red (seasonal), blue (seasonal supervisor)or green (seasonal minor) region on them with their name and school/country.

And for the record, the vast majority of silver tags were not in the loop on this ride. I can also assure you there were no video tapes about the ride last fall, and even if there were, it's not stuff that is ever left out sitting around.

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP - Sillynonsense.com
DELETED!

Thanks!

--James

I would think CP would stay away from any name that could be considered a trademarked name anyway. Not worth the hassle.

------------------
I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

To add to Jeff's comments there is also the two name blue tag which means you are important enough to have both your first and last name on a tag. This could be an area supervisor in games/foods/ride ops or a hotel desk manager, housekeeping supervisor, etc.

I always thought that the park should just have one-name tags ala Disney because people get caught up in the tag hierarchy.

I will also attest to Jeff's point that most full-time employees know little about each year's new ride and find out only shortly before the press.

In the vast majority of cases, people will tell you they know something because they want to seem important. That, more than anything else, is why I so enjoy surfing this site.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service