Sunday 9/2/7 Insanely Crowded?

We went up today and entered at 9am. Even the early entry crowd was huge. Rode a few coasters and MF had the 1/2 hour queue area filled and the line extended to the saloon toward frontier trail by 10am. Maverick, TTD down, Maxair, and Raptor were down. We rode Maggie and headed for some lunch around 11 am. After lunch we headed back in and the midway was packed and it was getting hot so we opted for Soak City. On the way back to SC along Perimeter Rd. we noticed MF packed in the queue way beyond the pop machines, BS entire queue area was full and the line went out into the midway and MS had lines in the queue way out in the middle of the structure and into the midway. When we got back to SC it was pretty crowded too and we finally just threw in the towel and left. On the way out we noticed the parking lot was almost full and cones were in the overflow area and the traffic coming in was still heavy.

Anyone know how big the crowd was today? It was the busiest I had ever seen. We have season passes and decided we'd be back on a less crowded Sunday.

Thanks!

My visits last year were the same.

Thrills Around the Corner!

I think it was even more crowded today than it was a few weeks ago on a Saturday. Great for the park attendance wise, but not so good for getting much riding in. Still had a great day with great weather.

Magnum was the early entry replacement for Raptor being down. (I heard that Raptor did finally open later in the afternoon, but don't know for sure). Magnum's line was over an hour most of the day.

Maverick ran a few trains during early entry, then went down mechanical, with a lengthy delay. It didn't reopen til about 1pm, and had about 2-2 1/2 hour lines most of the day.

Dragster had mechanical issues and didn't open til about 12:30, and had about 1 1/2 -2 hour lines for most of the day.

After having lunch around 2:30 at Famous Dave's I headed back into the park, and took the train back to Maverick. The line for MF was filling the next queue section after the pop machines. Also noticed that Wildcat was down, and Iron Dragon was about a 45 min. wait.

Lines for food all over the park were incredibly long.

I stayed until about 8:30. I was planning to get one last ride on TTD, but the line was still 1 1/2 hours, so I ended up heading home.

The weather was great! Wow! 45 minutes for ID? It killed me to leave so early. At least I got a few MF rides in and Maggie too. We did salvage our day with a great picnic at Marblehead Lighthouse State Park. And even it was packed! :)

We were there Sunday evening as well as Monday.The park was very crowded,but the morning line at the Raptor was reasonable.The Magnum had only a 15-20 wait,so we couldnt complain.The fact that so many rides were down was annoying,especially Air Max which we saw was down on both days.Still... a bad day at CP is better than a good day anywhere else.
*** Edited 9/6/2007 1:53:50 AM UTC by Allan Birmantas sr***

Yeah, it was very crowded! When I was leaving at 9 I saw Blue Streak STILL had a long line! It was very very crowded.

Now everyone knows not to go the days before labor day. I went on labor day last year and it had small crowds and was fun.

But about Maxair. I heard it is gonna be down the rest of the season, because a major part broke off of it.

Allan Birmantas sr said:
Still... a bad day at CP is better than a good day anywhere else.

I have to say...you're wrong there!! On this same Sunday my girlfriend and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure, and with there being heavy crowds (but not crazy) had walk-on's for everything with gold flash pass!!

In addition, except for Chiller, every ride operated all day with mostly full train operations, including Kingda Ka which had four trains, no breakdowns, and a 10 minute GP wait later in the day. (sorry for those waiting 2 hrs for TTD)

I hate to say it, but at this point (excuse the pun) CP is just not the best due to it's long lines, and El Toro, KK, Nitro, and Medusa are all comparable to Maverick, TTD, MF, and Raptor. CP needs to wake up and get flash pass asap!!

No they don't.

Flash pass is the worst implemented system. Any upcharge line-cut system is a joke and a money-grab.

If they have to implement one, I'd rather it be a Disney style FastPass than Six Flags bastardized Flash Pass.

Goodbye MrScott

John

To tigellinus...there is more to CP than it's coasters.Look around when you are on anything high...it's a beautiful place just to visit.Great ambiance and lots of tasty food.

tigellinus said:

Allan Birmantas sr said:
Still... a bad day at CP is better than a good day anywhere else.

I have to say...you're wrong there!! On this same Sunday my girlfriend and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure, and with there being heavy crowds (but not crazy) had walk-on's for everything with gold flash pass!!

In addition, except for Chiller, every ride operated all day with mostly full train operations, including Kingda Ka which had four trains, no breakdowns, and a 10 minute GP wait later in the day. (sorry for those waiting 2 hrs for TTD)

I hate to say it, but at this point (excuse the pun) CP is just not the best due to it's long lines, and El Toro, KK, Nitro, and Medusa are all comparable to Maverick, TTD, MF, and Raptor. CP needs to wake up and get flash pass asap!!

Well CP is just more popular. And besides have you ever been to GA when it's crowded? It's awful.

Allan Birmantas sr said:Great ambiance and lots of tasty food.

Don't you mean overpriced garbage?

I was there myself on Sunday, and it was indeed crowded. I had fun for the most part, especially after talking to their Vice President of foods.

I ran into him to ask about a comment I left with the park about soft serve. He asked if it was about overrun (air), and I told him it was. Interestingly enough, he told me that their softserve didn't have any overrun.

I thought that all ice cream/soft serve/frozen custard, etc had at least some overrun. While I may be wrong, I am amused at the answer I got from their VP of foods. I am of the opinion that he was wrong, and given his position in the company, if he was wrong, it makes it all the more amusing.

Now in terms of ride lines, Magnum had the longest line I'd seen in a while, and Maverick's line was spilling out into the midway. I didn't end up riding much, but the skee-ball, the relatively small number of rides I did take, and my talks with the employees, including the VP of foods, made for an entertaining visit!

-Sam

John McCain: The Ride

Being Mavericky since 2007!

Sam,it sounds to me like you went there as a critic,not just to have fun.We rode the Raptor and the Magnum,and neither had a line longer than 15 minutes(Monday)I dont know what food you ate besides the ice cream,but everything we ate was tasty.It's easy to criticize if that is what you want to do.I choose just to have a good time.

Normally I can look past food because I don't have terribly high expectations at an amusement park. But Cedar Point falls WAY short. There are only 2 stands that I make sure to hit while I am there (and usually multiple times). Gourmet Pretzel and Happy Friar.

I realize in the cooler months (October and May) that food purchased at a stand will not stay warm for long, but I will no longer get chicken fingers, hotdogs or hamburgers at the park. The stuff comes out cold and is way over-priced.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I'm amazed at how many people bitch about the food. My friends and I travel all over the world and are used to really good food. So, it's not like we have sub par taste. But, we've never been disappointed in the food at Cedar Point. It's an amusement park for pete's sake. We ate at Game Day Grille and had a great meal several weeks ago. We had fast service, friendly staff and tasty food. Was it five star? No. Was it good? Yes. Was it worth the price they charged? Most definitely. The only food "complaint" I had during our recent visit was I couldn't get a cheese on a stick because the cooker was busted. But, I got over that real quick.

I'm a burger snob. So a place like GDG usually does a good job with cooking it. When I stop at the stand on the side of the midway and pay 7.95 for a burger and get this over-cooked dried out piece of burger, it doesn't take long for me to stop eating there. If I was paying 3 bucks for it, I probably wouldn't mind, but to me, the price on some items doesn't outweigh the poor quality.

At the same time, I think the gourmet pretzels are underpriced (for their quality). I'd easily pay 5-6 bucks for one. They are just that good.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I'm a sushi snob. But, I don't go to Cedar Point expecting sushi. If they even offered sushi, I probably wouldn't even get it because I know it would suck. So, why would you buy a burger knowing full well it is probably going to suck? Get something else since you have a special palate for burgers.

But pretty much everything else I have tried has put a bigger dent in my wallet than my hunger.

I have found those couple of things, but a majority of the food at CP (and I'm talking the stands, not sit-downs) leaves me feeling a little bit violated when I'm done.

Of course, there are still Gourmet Pretzel and Happy Friar to fall back on.

Goodbye MrScott

John

mmmmmmm...violated. :)

I agree with Jugga about the Gourmet Pretzels. They are really awesome, probably the best fast food style pretzels that are out on the retail food market. Even better than those pretzel stands in most shopping malls.

I don't try to eat 'main courses' while at CP; instead, I usually hold off on eating a big meal until I leave the park at some point or at closing. When at the Point, I usually eat at the pretzel stand or Donut Time at the front of the park (their blueberry muffins are excellent). I will admit though that I have a thing for baked goods.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service