Save the date: March 16, 2013

Here's another tip. Watch what you wear. Since you might be captured by tv cameras, wear something weather appropriate but plain. Don't wear your Dollywood Wild Eagle shirt, tryin to be cute, you might be asked to change it, turn it, stay out of the scene, or leave.
My experience with these things is that there's a lot of media activity for the morning and noon live feeds, and there's a lot of hurry up and wait. Then there can be stretches of low activity and they ask the attendees to keep the trains filled for off ride b-roll shots, or just to keep the staff at it and the atmosphere rolling. Many rides can be had during these times, but like Dave said, you dont know when that might occur and theres no guarantee of any of it.
I seem to recall a media day for TTD which, due to several different circumstances, was pretty much a bust and most of us left with long faces not getting a single ride. Opening day was no better! (in fact that whole opening season was no better...)

Yeah, I hope people temper their expectations. There is a whole lot of waiting to do, and if a thousand people show up, it will be a ton of waiting. On the plus side, I assume there will be food. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I've been to a handful of media day events, and RideMan's account on what to expect is perfect. If it's anything like Diamondback's media day, you'll never forget it. I got in 40 rides that day, my buddy Sean had 60. I also happened to ride with a reporter from local magazine who, in her article, referred to me as an "affable gentleman" -- I guess that's a compliment, right?

You may though only get in a couple of rides, who knows. If anything, it's a wonderful photo/video opportunity for folks like me. I think it's great that Cedar Point will allow card-carrying coaster club members to attend. They'll get even more coverage of their new coaster and the clubs should see a boost in memberships, and revenue.

:D yes CoasterBob62, affable is a good thing.

I wish I could attend the media event, but I have a final that day :(

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

I have a final the day before. A FINAL DAY OF WAITING!
:-)

Yes! That is also my final day of waiting too.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Time to look over my coaster club options...

Let's Get Weird.

^Same here. I know CoasterBuzz has been mentioned before. Does anyone else have any recommendations on which coaster club they like the best?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Here is a thread from a while back that discusses a few clubs

Thanks for sharing that. I forgot about that thread. Right now I'm thinking about either GOCC or CoasterBuzz. I know some people in particular on here are partial to CoasterBuzz :) Based on what I've read and heard about, these two clubs seem like the best fit for me.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

If you do choose CoasterBuzz Club, I can't emphasize this enough... please don't wait until the last minute.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Jeff, have you ever done, or thought about doing, a Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens event? Is CB too local specific for that? I know you just did Dollywood...

Let's Get Weird.

Didn't we have a Kings Dominion event once? For some reason I thought we did, but I couldn't go myself. Maybe not. I totally can't remember. I would have to look at what the membership counts and site traffic are for that area. CB is international, but there's certainly a Midwest concentration of members and traffic.

People Keep saying they want to go, but once the full details come out how many will really go. How many people will want to get to the park at 4am, or can even get off work.

That's what I'm curious to see as well. At first I was like "Oh boy, it's going to look like coaster mania that day with a full queue" with all these clubs being involved. But the itinerary might prove to be to much for some. I'm not complaining in any way since this is the coolest thing the park could be doing for their new ride and for us fans. I'm just curious how many will or can truly commit. Since there is an afternoon session, I'm wondering if you are allowed to be part of that if people can't make it to the morning session.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I don't think there's any requirement to be there at 4:00 a.m.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Here is some video and Rob Decker talking from the tour!

http://youtu.be/DRrVB-JmTGY

First rollback on Dragster July 23 2003 since then 15

The very early morning session is mainly to accomodate TV and radio morning shows so they can set up live shots, or at least shoot a bunch of footage and edit down a package for the noon news and/or evening news. The day will most likely end around 6pm for the evening news...just a guess. I certainly won't be there at 4am, that's for sure!

I'll be seeing everyone bright and early at 3am, I'm sure. Just my luck that this is the year that we get rid of Mountain Dew at the park. ;)

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

I will be there for sure. It is a great thing they are doing for us. Do you think they will have media kits for everyone?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service