Save the date: March 16, 2013

Good question JW. I am asking myself the same question. That ride has plenty of issues with efficiency, but I don't see the brakes being one of them. Hopefully they've thought of something I haven't.

-Matt

I'm just happy to see a sexy re-painted MF.

The tour was an absolute blast! Thank you so much to Walt, Jeff, and everyone from Cedar Point for having this.

Thank you so much for giving us a wonderful day!! It was a blast!!!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

Thanks to everyone for putting this on. It was a great day!

This was my first tour and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. Being at Cedar Point during the off season almost feels like "fooling mother nature." I am sincerely appreciative of everyone who made this possible for so many people. But ultimately, its the smiles and joy being brought to the kids and families of GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, and I was lucky enough to be a part of making that happen thanks to everyone involved. I especially liked the Today Show segment that featured the charity. Give the Kids the World will be a charity I add to my charitable donations.

Rcoaster10 said:
I'm very curious to see what the announcement will be. Is anyone going to post it?

Anyone who is a card-carrying member of a coaster club (CoasterBuzz Club, GOCC, ACE, etc.) will be invited to attend GateKeeper's media day on May 9. If you are not a member of a coaster club, you can get your membership and necessary card at CoasterBuzz.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'm so touched and extremely proud to see this community continually step up their support for GKTW. As someone who is fortunate enough to see the mission come to life each day, I can tell you that the funds raised from today's tour will have a tremendous impact on the deserving families we serve!

THANK YOU to Walt, Jeff, the amazing CP staff and all of you Buzzers who showed up today. Next time you guys find yourselves in Central Florida, I would love to show you around the resort so you can see firsthand just what the GKTW experience does for these kids. We're not open to the public, so drop me an email in advance at karad@gktw.org. As Jeff can attest you won't regret taking an hour or so out of your day to see the Village; it's life-changing. I'll even let you ride the carousel :)!

$7,000 raised!

Kara (car-uh)

You are more than welcome. It is nice to see a group that does so much good like you folks over there. So, THANK YOU for all that you do.We need more groups like you in this world!

Walt, will there be the opportunity to ride Gatekeeper on media day (May 9th)??

I was already planning to go to OSU Alumni & Friends day on May 10th, but one day earlier is even better....

That's the plan. Of course it is a working media event, not ERT, so just don't expect to marathon the ride.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Hopefully that means us employees can ride Gatekeeper as well before opening day!

Top 5 Coasters #1 Millennium Force #2 Intimidator (Carowinds) #3 Top Thrill Dragster #4 The Beast #5 X2

Coasters I want to ride: #1 El Toro #2 Leviathan #3 The Voyager #4 I305 #5 Behemoth

Hats off to Walt, Jeff & the Cedar Point management. I had a wonderful good time on this tour. I had lots of fun today. I really enjoyed it today. Thank you so much for putting this tour on. Also money raised today will go a long wayto help unfortune kids. This will better enjoy life in kids lives. This is my first time attending point buzz tour. Again thank you

Thank you to everyone at Cedarpoint and Jeff and Walt. Today was so much fun

I WILL ALWAYS KICK THE SKY.

Tony mentioned the media day started at 4am. How late does it go until? I have a final exam for one of my classes 8:30-10:30 so the earliest I could get to the park would be noon.

Despite the weather, I had a great time today. The coaster looks stunning. Thanks to PointBuzz and Cedar Point for putting on this event, and for letting us additional folks in! It's great to hear that so much money was raised as well. Can't wait to do it again!

Awesome time today. Thank you Jeff, Walt and the entire Cedar Point crew who made this possible. Welcome back Tony...you are a lot of fun bro. Gatekeeper is by far the most impressive coaster I have ever seen...she's a real beauty on the beach, and the front entrance is incredible. I got a real kick out of being in the park today when it was closed.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the off season tour. It was my grandpa's birthday.

The god of speculation

Anyone get any pictures today?? :)

Yeah I expected there to be a flood of pictures by now.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service