No 2005 Coaster?

I didn't think so. When I read that in CP_Bound's post I knew someone was smoking crack.

Kids under '46 can ride with a responsable adult, but they must be able to walk on their own.

Richie A.

Thanks D.A. and Chief for bringing in the family perspective. My son is 47" and he cannot wait to grow that last inch so he is 48" tall. But guess what he is dying to ride. Not Magnum or Millennium, he wants to ride the Wildcat. The 200' and 300' hills are just a bit overwhelming to a 5 year old.

Personally I would like to see another coasterless year as maybe the people who are complaining about no new coaster would stay home.

Shades said:
The 200' and 300' hills are just a bit overwhelming to a 5 year old.

My daughter rode MF, 4 months before her 6th b-day. We were apprehensive, but she insisted. She seemed unsure as we climbed the lift, but by the time we hit the first tunnel, she looked over at me and said "This is fun" But, in general, I'd agree.

On a totally different note:

If anything this thread shows how many people believe the silly amusement park 'truths' that get spread:

- Cedar Point builds a coaster every two years

- You can't build a similar ride to a park that's within X number of miles

- Coaster 'contracts'

- Screamscape

You get the idea.

Those of you who want to see a Huss Giant Frisbee in action can head over to PKI or take a look at this.

How high in the air does that thing go?

Goodbye MrScott

John

i just found an article that proves there may be a new major ride this year at: http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/08/31/biz_cedarfair31.html

the part of that article is: Kinzel won't discuss what comes next, only acknowledging that Cedar Point needs a new, major ride about every other year.

oh...and DELIRIUM's height of gondola in full swing is 137 feet.
it is a good ride.

2 things can they make it higher.

if not that maybe a littler long. i mean you get like 2 swings at the 137 feet. so maybe a little long it was to short of a

ride. that what i think

ttdmfwtm said:
the part of that article is: Kinzel won't discuss what comes next, only acknowledging that Cedar Point needs a new, major ride about every other year.

Yeah, "a new, major RIDE about every year." A ride can be anything, not just a coaster. I have no idea what CP will build next, but it could very well be a non-coaster ride.

I would personally like to see a B&M Floorless such as Kraken at Sea World, Orlando.

"Coasters are life"-Userx

I would still love to see the next coaster be a hanging water soaker type coaster over on the trail that would interact with WWL, Snake River, etc. Water guns on the ground for non-riders would make if fun for everyone. The coaster doesn't have to be the biggest, fastest, etc but it sure would be fun.
That would be really cool. I think they have one in the Hershey's Park. I'm not sure of puttin it over the actual park, because people who don't want to get wet will, and that would cause many complaints. I'd rather see it in Soak City flying around over the whole water park. Or maybe they could have it in the actual CP park, and have a section of the path where the ride goes over that has a sign that says, beware of water, or something like that.

-Eagle-

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

Or, if people don't want to get wet, they will see the water and not walk through it.:)

"Coasters are life"-Userx

Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

Let's go straight to the Merry-Go-Round!

I'd rather have a kick-ass flat ride or a family style coatser (Screamin Squerel?) than a new 200+ foot coaster. You just attract more with a main-stream offering.
I'd trade every idea here, floorless, giant flat, water soaker, spining wild mouse, etc. for a new seat belt arrangement on the MF that would allow us 6'4" freaks to ride again.
I'm starting to think with all the problems Cedar Point is having with Top Thrill Dragster, why don't we just take out Top Thrill Dragster and move it to Michigan Adventure and put our floorless there. I know that sounds really dumb but Its frustrating to see Top Thrill Dragster down so much.
Are you out of your mind?

Yeah I am I don't why I said that. It's just that Top Thrill Dragster is still down a lot and now that its hurt someone, It probably will be down 1-2 weeks. When it is running it could be like an hour or 2 before its running, but lately its been down periodically. So yeah I'm out of my mind.

Iron Dragon and Disaster

I refer to my visits with my 47.5" 5 year old daughter as "Disaster Dragon Marathons." It turns out that those rides with her are much more fun than rides alone on anything else.

The enquirer (from that article) has to get its facts straight: "This year, for the sixth year in a row, the park was rated the NATION'S best amusement park by Amusement Today, a monthly industry publication."
Why don't you guys ask the Lemon Chill guy? Ha.

-Evan Hendrick

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service