No 2005 Coaster?

Agreed.

Shockley

The University of Toledo 2010

Raptor Rides-363

If they add a Spinning mouse, I'd like to see them remove Wildcat for it. CP already has alot of family coasters. (Jr. Gemini, Woodstock Express, Disaster Transport, Wildcat, Iron Dragon, Mine Ride, and possibly Corkscrew.) That's nearly half of CP's arsenal! I think another coaster with invsersions would fit best at this point, as CP only has 3 right now that go upside down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a B&M Flier.

Go right through for MSU!

Remember the boardwalk and CCI Twister rumor?
Why would they more WWL? It always has a line, and it's the only water ride in the park where you can get splashed and not soaked.

Yeah, that whole "Swing Era" revival in the late 90's didn't last long, otherwise, we probably would have seen that boardwalk and wood coaster materialize.

Oh boy! What a cute topic for the kiddies to play in. :rolleyes:

Seriously, given the current ride selection I would much rather see the park get a decent non-coaster ride like a Giant Frisbee or the new floorless Top Spin (Knotts' Rip Tide). I could give two craps when or what kind of new coaster CP gets . . unless wood is involved. ;)

Rich G / PTC99

If they do build a new Frisbee could they build it over the swan boat pond water? Wouldn't want somebody not having their 1" of slack on it and flying out of our new great ride like the hundreds who have flown out of TTD. (sarcasm for those of you who couldn't figure that out) However, could they build the entire ride over water. I know that ID is partially over water but I don't believe its entirely on water.
Why couldn't they do it. If they can make a coaster partially over water, they can make the whole ride over water, it doesn't matter.

Although, I highly doubt that what-ever is built next year, it won't be completely over water.

I still dont undertand why we are still on this topic when we have absolutley no evidence of any new rides or coasters being built. (despite the removal of the swans) How about we all just wait and see what happens.

Millennium Force Crew 2007
Raptor Crew 2008

Because guessing is fun, hasen't anyone ever told you that?
I wanna guess, too! Actually, not as a guess, but as an opinion, I'd like to see an upside-down ride. Just like CPcyclone said, CP only has 3 coasters that go upside-down. It would be nice to see another.

-Eagle-

Smoking Marijuana isn't a bad thing or even a good one, like everything else, its what you make of it.

One reason that they might remove WWL is because they know people are always seeking thrills. Right now its just fun to sit around and guess what Cedar Point might be building. I still want to see a floorless and I think in that area would be perfect.
No 2005 Coaster? Ha! You people and your silly rumor mills...

As for the possible removal of WWL...why not? It's capacity is horrible, there are no seatbelts in the boats and they still allow hand held infants onto the ride. In my opinion, with as much of a safety-anal park as CP is, it boggles my mind how they never changed these policies on this ride. My only conclusion would be that they are removing it shortly. Sure it can be a fun ride, but after the caves fell apart and they didn't fix them up, I figured the ride's lifespan might be coming to an end.

I like the idea of a Delerium type ride being flung out over the old Swan Boats pond as well. It would add a new element to the ride that PKI doesn't have with their model. But why stop there for next year?

That whole area of the park hasn't seen a new development in 11 years. It's far overdue for some new additions. If you think about the capital investments of Cedar Point since 2000 you will see that money is not an issue with the installation of new rides.

Millennium Force cost $25 million, then they took a break from rides to build Lighthouse Point. I'm uncertain of the figure they invested on the resort, but I know it wasn't cheap. 2002-2003 They go back to building rides. Sure it is two separate years, but Dragster was in the works as soon as they built MF, so I have a feeling that WT was somewhat of a filler ride to give CP guests a taste of a launched ride since they had always built traditional lift coasters until then. Mesh WT and Dragster together and you have a $34 million investment. This year they take another break from rides to expand Lighthouse Point and build Castaway Bay. It seems as though whenever they aren't building new rides they are increasing their resort capacity.

If the pattern holds true then next year we will see a large capital investment (perhaps larger than, or on the same scale of, the WT/Dragster investment). What kind of single season investment could match or surpass $34 million dollars in one season? Think about it...

It was 4 years between Mantis and MF.

MrScott said:
WT has had SOME problems, TTD has had more. And your point is the manufacturer sucks? So they can't fix things, but they know how to build them.

MrScott

Apparently not since they need to be fixed. I will admit that the rides are awesome (especially back seat on WT's second train) but what's the point of being able to build a great ride if it never works. I admit rides will have problems, but I think its time to go to a designer other than Intamin.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Shawn Meyer said:
One reason that they might remove WWL is because they know people are always seeking thrills.
That's obviously why they built Camp Snoopy and maintain two other kids areas.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

They allow hand held infants on WWL?

What?

Richie A.

Yes they have two kiddylands, but you can't go removing every "middle of childhood" ride like the antique cars, WWL, or for that matter CCMR. There are a lot of kids in that age group, too large for kiddyland and too small for most of the coasters. I live in Houston and once our kids got older than kiddyland age there was nothing for them to ride at Astroworld and we just stopped going. (Of course that park is so bad that once we went back when the kids got older we stopped going again). I've said it before and I'll say it agian, the park likely makes more money per capita from families of four, than groups of four coaster geeks.
Aha,

That last sentence was one of the most sensible I have read in a long time. You have hit the nail on the head.

There are very few young adults booking rooms at the CP resorts. The hotel guests are primarily families who spend money. As much as people want to dog Iron Dragon and Disaster, families love those rides.

I would still love to see the next coaster be a hanging water soaker type coaster over on the trail that would interact with WWL, Snake River, etc. Water guns on the ground for non-riders would make if fun for everyone. The coaster doesn't have to be the biggest, fastest, etc but it sure would be fun.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

No hand-held infants on White Water Landing, but kids under 46" can ride with a responsible person of proper height.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service