No 2005 Coaster?

Screamscape reported a rumor today that CP's next major coaster project wont be untill 2006. I have trouble believeing that because Dick Kinzel is retiring in 2007 and i thought he would install at least 2 coasters before then. Screamscape stated that a Huss giant frisbee is on the way for next year. I think we could also see a kiddie coaster like a Mine Ride (Intamin) as well or maybe a junior ride like a SkySkater or Roll-A-Coaster.

If you want to meet people at the point Write PB (pointbuzz) on your left palm. Make sure you use a red marker.

I read the same thing too. Who knows when the next coaster will come. I would like to see them get a giant flat ride.
I am not sure Screamscape gets things right even half the time but they may be on to something on this one. I too have heard that a Huss ride may be in the offing for next year.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

You don't know. I don't know. Screamscape sure doesn't know, and those who do know aren't talking, therefore what you have heard is from someone who...yes...doesn't know. :)
ohh you all shut your dirty mouths, i dont even want to hear about waiting another year to see Cedar Point's 17th
Yeah, because 16 isn't good enough.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Only those who predict the future (or of course the CP execs) will know right now what is due at CP in 2005, 2006, 2026. Until CP tells us, it's just a rumor and nothing more.

The Amazement Park

I'm not surprised, actually. There is a very good chance that CP may wait it out. Besides, they've spent over $80 mil for the past five seasons (2000-2004). It's really about money issues if you ask me.
I'm not surprised at all. Screamscape and Thrillride! have both been claiming for months that there would be no major coaster at Cedar Point in 2005. They've also been suggesting a possible Huss Giant Frisbee for months. Even the possible removal of White Water Landing was previously mentioned.

That B&M Flyer is going to have to wait until at least until 2006.

Don't believe everything that you hear (or read). Just because it has been said or written does not make it TRUE.

*sigh*

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

How bout this, I'll start a website and claim that Cedar Point has an inverted water coaster in the plans for next year, that'll make it true. Especially if I call my site something like pipescream.com or maybe coasternuts.org.

JUST BECAUSE ITS ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE, otherwise Bush would have horns and hoofs and Kerry would actually care about the common man.

I'll wait until I see an announcement on www.cedarpoint.com (the only OFFICIAL place for news regarding cedar point) before I start spouting off about they are for sure getting such and such.

would I like to see a new coaster next year? YES Does it matter if they don't? NO

John

so what if they build one in 2006. Does anyone remember WT and TTD. They were one year apart. Oh and Money is definatly not a promblem.

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

Just how in the hell would YOU know that, CP/PKIdud?

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Admittedly, nothing is written in stone... It's quite possible that the big shots haven't even made the final decisions. But it does seem very likely that at least two flats (including a Huss Giant Frisbee) will be coming to Cedar Point next year. A water or family coaster is also a possibility. But it is clear that the rumored B&M Flyer will probably not be coming until at least 2006.

Honestly, I believe that some of you people are in denial.

We have too many people drunk on Lemon Chill around here.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Money isn't a problem? What a great situation for Cedar Fair.

And let's remember, capital monies must be considered for all the parks, the resorts, and anything else they might have up their sleeve.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Well, they removed the Swan Boats, so we would have to asume something is going there next year. When you look at an aerial shot of that area, a Frisbee would fit perfect there. Not saying it's going to happen, but Screamscape has been pretty credible.

As far as White Water Landing, I think it's time for a change. Would love to see a flyer in that location and a more modern flume ride elsewhere in the park.

Removal of a ride like Swan Boats is not an indication that a new ride will be put in it's place. Maybe CF just felt the attraction would "fit" better at MiAdv?

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Is it possible that swan boats were removed due to poor ridership? CP doesn't pay people stand next to a ride entrance with a thumb up their @$$ because noone rides a ride. Would it be nice if they removed it because they plan to put something there? YES Are there other reasons that the ride was moved to Michigan Adventure? Probably

Assuming does nothing but make people seem dumber when the truth comes out. I mean, I could assume that due to the number of complaints on this forum that Cedar Point will restore the theming to Disaster Transport. I could also assume that due to its lack of care and poor appearance indoor that they will soon be moving it to Michigan Adventure. I could also assume that since pointbuzz made a T-shirt that says "Magnum is sinking" that it really is and will be closed within the next 5 years. Unfortunately, just because I assume it doesn't make it true.

Would I like to believe that CP is going to install/build a working ride for next year? Definitely Am I going to waste time getting my hopes up when I would much rather see them build a hyper at Michigan Adventure? No

Goodbye MrScott

John

Cedar Fair is already having a busy year. They are installing two B&M coasters already, one at Knott's and one at Dorney. So if the rumor that they contracted 3 B&M's is true then the last one could go to the point.

Anything could happen; we all just need to watch for track and footers of any kind later in this season.

278 coasters and still counting!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service