News: Cedar Fair plans for 2022 include return of Cedar Point events, Frontier Town restaurant

Going forward, especially with such a large plot of land to build on, I'd guess something like the Brew House at KI or Harmony Hall at Carowinds is in store for us.

I'd imagine it will have a sizable space for food booths at Frontier Festival as well as Tricks & Treats, kind of like pop-up festival areas at Epcot.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Yeah, this is kind of a bummer.

This ride was central to what Disney would call the kinetic energy of the land. Things moving at all levels, leading you around the space. And having a green square in the center of Frontiertown made perfect sense. A large building will just kill the feeling there.

I've eaten at the Brew House at KI, always found it was typical amusement park food with added stage entertainment. I've eaten at Harmony Hall at Carowinds and most of the times it was above and beyond typical amusement park food.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

I don't know how we can say definitively that a new restaurant will kill the vibe of the area. We haven't even seen what this venue will be, much less look like. The frontier theme is pretty easy to replicate, and if they theme it decently, I think it could fit right in. And especially knowing that they're keeping the covered bridge, I think this could turn out pretty well. Also, given the improvements CP has made in their food offerings in the last few seasons, this could be another great place to eat at the park, to which I'll never say no.

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'm hoping its not a Harmony Hall like structure, due to the location choice they made. I'd prefer something more like Miami River Brewhouse.

On Harmony Hall, I've been really disappointed with it over our last two trips (summer 2019 and summer 2021). Our 2016 and 2017 trips, we really enjoyed the food, ate there multiple times. The quality and open locations/options REALLY dropped in 2019 and was even worse this year. I know it's two different parks and two different staffs, but I worry about the sustained quality of food court like dining locations. I'm glad the Kings Island guy was promoted to have oversight over the chain, KI has jumped FAR ahead of the other parks, excluding perhaps Knotts.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Already seeing the complaining on social media about removing a ride for a restaurant. The fact is the only place worth eating at in Frontier Town was Keats . They changed the menu so there is usually only 1 good option, usually the ribs. They took away the burrito bowls which were good.

Cedar Fair/Point tracks the thru put & they obviously saw a need for a new restaurant in the area overall or saw some places were not drawing as well as they liked. I know sometimes I would leave Frontier Town to go to Back Beat, eat, hit Dragster & comeback. If there was more options I liked besides Keats, I would stay in Frontier Town to eat more.

I think it’s the idea that there was lots of real estate they had to work within and chose to remove an attraction instead. A shiny new building doesn’t make a ton of sense to me if when I walk around it I run into the lesser used run down buildings by SV. Kinda defeats the point unless the whole area gets a makeover. In which case this will make more sense.

Yeah, I'm interested to see if they find the cash to finish the Museum renovation with this place opening nearby. When staffing isn't an issue, there hasn't exactly been a shortage of places to eat around there. With new food locations like Provisions and Miss Keats/Sagebrush Sue's, they seem to prioritize the new food location for its first year, then cut down on the menu options and staffing/hours after that. Losing this ride the way it fits into that area isn't worth having a decent food option for just a year or two, in my opinion.

I don't think the complaints are simply "removing a ride for a restaurant", I think it's that they're removing this ride. I don't recall the removal of Witches' Wheel leading to these concerns. Anyone think the "Coaster Campout" event is now a thing of the past too? The grass infield there was the camp site.

Lastly, if we're expecting them to remove Maxair next, they will be down a coaster, a large flat ride, and a family ride heading into next year. Not to mention TTD. Kind of a bummer.

-Tyler A-

1)Find the cash? Lol. Money not an issue, desire to do it is the question

2)It makes no sense you're talk of a " decent food option for just a year or two". Yes, they add a restaurant to let it deteriorate after a year or two....lol

3)This whining over the ride is typical nonsense, the ride was not that popular. It was mainly aesthetics. They are adding something that will make them money. Cedar Fair has been on a food & beverage emphasis for about 4 or 5 years across the chain. It's working with the increases F&B revenue numbers .

4)Stop the bedwetting is the best way to sum up you last paragraph. TTD & Maxair will be back. WT & antique cars were not very popular rides, the former had maintenance issues

MaxAir hasn't operated in two years. Dragster has been the target of regional media after the horrible accident, and reopening it will put pressure on the park in the press. Options at Backbeat were paired down after 2019, though it's still a solid dining plan choice. Also, in our presentation at 2021 Chill Out, budget changes was the excuse given for why the Museum renovation was put "indefinitely" on hold. The concerns raised in the post by Tyler are not unwarranted, IMO.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Well I can see that CED23 is back at their normal condescending responses so that’s cool.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just as you feel entitled to be a d**k to everyone on here. If we weren’t then websites like this wouldn’t exist. So man up, grow up, and contribute like an adult. Shouldn’t be that hard.

You're back to posting & saying nothing . Another whiner that needs to stop clutching their pearls they are clearly cutting off oxygen to your brain, given your continuous vapid posts.

CED23 said:

Still betting on revamp/redesign of existing place. Frontier Town already has 6 dining locations, don't see them adding a 7th structure & taking out the better iteration of antique cars.

Surely your uninformed opinion on Maxair will be correct, right?

Interesting how we go from the "better iteration of antique cars" to asserting it was unpopular and therefore its removal is justified. Either way it's a red herring, as my point is that they didn't have to remove the ride to add another restaurant.

I guess I was just imagining the menu at Provisions missing the paninis and the chicken fry bread this year. Getting the steak on a stick was difficult as well.

-Tyler A-

No he’s just mad we didn’t give in to “Sandusky is a dying town.” So now he’s on this thread begging for attention. Typical troll.

Anyways, I’ll be curious at least to see the final version of whatever it is they’re building.

Last edited by mgou58,

James Parker jr said:

MaxAir hasn't operated in two years. Dragster has been the target of regional media after the horrible accident, and reopening it will put pressure on the park in the press. Options at Backbeat were paired down after 2019, though it's still a solid dining plan choice. Also, in our presentation at 2021 Chill Out, budget changes was the excuse given for why the Museum renovation was put "indefinitely" on hold. The concerns raised in the post by Tyler are not unwarranted, IMO.

1)TTD will open in 2022, ..F*ck Sandusky media, they are whiny bitches that were pissy about the HQ moving & now are silent.

Money is not an issue, You're comparing a time where they had only been able to open 2 parks really in 2020 & had no idea if 2021 would be the same. They are sitting on 520M in cash now(900M+ liquidity), have restarted/completing all the hotel/resort renovations,etc,,,They are planning to spend 175-200M Capex in 2022. It's only about the desire to do the Museum, not money.

In the same way BackBeatQue has a stage setup in the main dining area, I'm interested to see if the existing stage next to Roundup will be moved or turned to focus on entertaining guests eating at the new restaurant.

-Tyler A-

Interesting how we go from the "better iteration of antique cars" to asserting it was unpopular and therefore its removal is justified. Either way it's a red herring, as my point is that they didn't have to remove the ride to add another restaurant.

Better iteration doesn't mean popular. Reading comprehension & critical thinking are clearly not your thing.

mgou58 said:

No he’s just mad we didn’t give in to “Sandusky is a dying town.” So now he’s on this thread begging for attention. Typical troll.

Anyways, I’ll be curious at least to see the final version of whatever it is they’re building.

Sandusky is a hole & dying like rural Ohio & most of the rural midwest. There is reason it's the land of the bitter white Trumpkins looking for something/someone to blame for their deteriorating status.

Waiting for a moderator in three…two…

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service