New for 2025

CoasterLine:

My guess is either a Mack Water Coaster or a Zamperla Super Flumez.

Just by the nature of teasing prior to announce, I can't see this being anything in Shores. I don't think they have ever done anything but simply announce new additions to the water park.

I can't remember if the 2012 announcements teased the new Mat Racer (formerly DragsterH20) very much.

For 2017, they pretty heavily teased the water park renovation/rename, but that was much more than just adding a slide. I remember the marketing team was hiding flip flops in flower beds around the park as a teaser that said "You Win!" on them - you could take them to Ken Miller at the Museum and exchange them for a free single-use fast lane and an invite to attend the announcement, I believe.

All things considered, I'm expecting a waterpark announcement, but will be pleasantly surprised to see something more. The ratio of "attractions removed" to "attractions added" to the park has been rough. Since Steel Vengeance opened, we've gained three major restaurants and a Wild Mouse. This is part of why the Top Thrill 2 situation has to be so frustrating for the park.

-Tyler A-

DRE420:

"water will be involved".

Mr. Scott is liking this somewhere. :)

Promoter of fog.

While I suspected it was more than a water park addition, I wasn't expecting something of this scale. This might be one of the least-telegraphed additions in a while.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Is that an honest to goodness underground element I see

I’m in shock. I cannot remember the last time a project was actually kept under wraps with zero leaks.

I took a double take a few times to make sure I was looking at Cedar Point!

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Do we know yet who is the manufacturer? (I may have missed that in the release, but I didn't see it on quick inspection.)

Update: Vekoma, I assume.

As a dock holder at that end of the marina, I'm really curious now to see how perimeter road is rerouted and whether marina parking will be reconfigured. That section of the lot is tight as it is.

Will Celebration Plaza still be there? It could make that area even more of a pedestrian pinch point.

My riding days are long over, but looks like fun. Enjoy!

Last edited by Western Cruiser,

Trying to visualize how this fits on the existing plot of land. It seems as though the curve in the road will be shifted slightly.

It’s still early, might be dreaming.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Perimeter Road is definitely being rerouted. It looks like it'll basically be a straight shot from the crosswalk at Valravn joining the road to the northwest, removing the curve that used to go around Cedars. And it doesn't look to make the ID midway any narrower, but also doesn't expand it, obviously.

The tilt drop points at the midway across from ID's station, so should be a pretty dramatic show from the midway there.

Brandon

Does it look like the stage and food truck court is completely gone in these renders to anyone else?

So, help educate me. Is it a slow lift hill at the beginning up to the tilt point, followed by the remainder of the course which is sorta Maverick-ish? (nothing wrong with that as Maverick is awesome). The tilt and hold looks considerably longer than the hold on Valravn.

This begs the question; what about and when is the STR and Town Hall and Millenium Island areas?

They already moved a camera. Can't wait for 2025. 2 new coasters in 1 year!

jimmyburke:

Is it a slow lift hill at the beginning up to the tilt point

Yes, chain lift, followed by an elevated section similar to Valravn, followed by the tilt and drop. And, somewhat interestingly, no MCBR.

jimmyburke:
This begs the question; what about and when is the STR and Town Hall and Millenium Island areas?

At this point it wouldn't surprise me to see Town Hall get demolished. And while that would be disappointing, if they're not going to use it for anything guest-facing, I'd rather they use the space for a flume ride or whatever.

Brandon

I can see Town Hall incorporated into any potential new ride in that area. Either the station or queue line much like how Maverick utilized WWL’s station.

As for the tilt coaster. I mentioned it a few pages ago but it almost seems like this was fast tracked to diffuse the TT2 situation. And didn’t the surgery just come out in June asking people between family boomerang, Mack water coaster and this? So basically they had 3 designs ready to go and once the survey results were in they must’ve started.

Last edited by SRE123,

Kevinj:

I'll be the first to admit that I'll be "happy to be wrong" if it ends up being something other than the replacement for CP Shores.

Happy I was wrong.

:)

Promoter of fog.

Since someone else mentioned “multi ride contracts” earlier in the thread. I still think SRF + millennium island will be a family oriented “Camp Snoppy Back Country” expansion and now I could see 2 big additions in that space. Zamperla Big Wavez to keep a water ride and a Vekoma Family Boomerang a-la Snoopy Racers/Good Gravy.

I still think the best thing for the SRF area and the island is a twisted GCI woodie. But one can only dream. And speaking of multi ride contract, I would love a Vekoma flying coaster like F.L.Y.

Last edited by SRE123,

Trying to find renderings. This is what I found so far .

https://crawfordcountynow.s...rse_05.jpg

The entrance to that new parking lot on a blind curve seems like a not so good idea.

Last edited by jo linn,

I wouldn't be surprised if that parking lot is reserved for employees; they may be losing a portion of the marina lot that was employee parking. But I also know that their renderings are not always representative of the final product.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service