New for 2025

Cedars is right next to the marina. Siren Boat, you get tied to the mast as you navigate the coaster as it splashes into the lake.

Sit tight fellas ;)

Wasn't there a rumor they were going to free up space by the marina/cedars by moving HR out of the building nearby to an old car dealership they bought on Cleveland road? Anyone know if that ever happened, or are they still using that building?

Edit: I looked up the car dealership in google maps, it's labeled as "Cedar Point Recruitment and Training Center" now, and has reviews from CP employees, so it looks like they are using it. There were cars parked in front of the marina building today but I couldn't tell if it was being used or not.

Last edited by Hudson,

I could have jumped to conclusions on this being something in the SRF area which I realized rather quickly Friday evening while walking past Cedar Point Shores. It was a combination of the wording on the boat in the graveyard as well as the group of aqua themed characters at the announcement that walked down to SRF area. Either way, whatever the announcement is will be for 2025, only a few more days to find out.

eChameleon:

I dunno that they would do a marketing campaign this elaborate for some new waterslides,

That was elaborate? It's a pretty simple video released just days before the actual announcement. It's a cool teaser, but I'm not sure I would call this a "campaign".

It's more than likely alluding to a Siren. That would make no sense in Frontier Town, but it would make sense at a waterpark. Especially after said waterpark removed a fairly large slide complex.

TT2 didn't exactly work out as planned, but it makes perfect sense that the 2025 plans would include something like a waterpark improvement after such a big investment for 2024. Not this needs to be simple; maybe it's a water-coaster, which would make sense for CP Shores. Most waterparks at major parks have at least one.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

If you watch the video closely, as her face fades, you can see 2 red eyes..

If you filter it and look closer it appears to be a snake mouth also below that seems to align under the eyes

Then adding in the words written on the srf boat in the graveyard, it seems to point to something replacing the srf plot of land

Last edited by Dispatch Master,

Pirate Ride 2.0....That's what's coming...

-Lemon Chill Guy

That there Clark is an RV.....

Better not be waterslides, or CP will feel my wrath for teasing me like this...

One time, years ago, they teased something, that turned out to be a new shed that holds the halloweekends decorations. No joke. It was posted on the onpoint blog.

Sit tight fellas ;)

Kevinj,

Like that ugly giant swing makes any sense in Frontier Town?

It’s themed to the American flag… therefore, cuz, ‘Merca

Wonder if it's going to be a clone of what KI is getting for their water park?

Dispatch Master:

If you watch the video closely, as her face fades, you can see 2 red eyes..

Again, only guessing, but that fits into what a Siren does. Looks sweet but turns out to be evil. Lures a sailor in with a sweet song, and then tries to kill him by drowning.

So basically just like Shoot the Rapids.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Haha that made my morning 🤣

Co-founder of the most fun CP Facebook Group - Day Drinking at the Point

Banshee72:

Wonder if it's going to be a clone of what KI is getting for their water park?

It may well be a water coaster, but given KI marketing RiverRacers as "the first and only dual-racing water coaster in Ohio," I don't see it being a clone.

Brandon

Those sirens lure one to danger, but here's the safe exit.

Sirens to me sounds like a strip club so if you're telling me CP is getting a 'Sirens' then I think they're going in a whole different entertainment direction.

I also think it's for the Waterpark, but, what throws me off is the fact that both the boat in the graveyard and the wording in the new teaser are both poems. So either they are connected, or Cedar Point has hired the ghost of Edgar Allen Poe.

Only two more days...

sets me off a bit that they would announce something only a couple days after the initial teaser. maybe they are going to have another teaser or something on thursday, but it could just be me. anyone else?

I think it’s quite obvious this is a Mack water coaster as was displayed in the survey from earlier this year. To occupy the old STR site since the splash pool infrastructure already exists. Once again CP is choosing nonsensical themes of mythological creatures… Rougarou, Valravn, GateKeeper, etc. If only they took a more cohesive naming approach in regards to the different park areas

Last edited by Duh,

Possibly dumb question - do we know whatever they're teasing is for 2025?

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service