New for 2025

Well I wish I would have recorded the opening Scarymoanies tonight but “Something new is surfacing” from Snake River on 9-19-24.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

The full video said the following:

"What sounds so sweet

May not be so.

Be wary of what

Lies fathoms below"

That was followed by some crashing/roaring waves and then an image of a female staring back at you.

So, I'm thinking whatever it is, it's themed after the mythical "Siren" creature that lured sailors to their death by their "sweet song".

EDIT: And now my post is dumb since I made it at the same time as Bleaujays.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Mr. Midnight did a great job, very impressed with the entertainment and screamers so far. I was not expecting that teaser of an announcement but should have as there were tons of Cedar Point managers and big wigs standing in the back of the crowd where my wife and I were. I just assumed they were there since it was the first show.

its also funny how I thought the wording was in that short video vs what it actually was after watching it again.

After just walking between Cedar Point Shores and Breakers I have to say it’s most likely a water attraction there than anything over at the former SRF’s site.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

It also never says anything about the Snake River Falls area.

My guess is this is just for the replacement of the waterslides at CP Shores.

Promoter of fog.

They're finally building that roller coaster under the lake. We've only been taking about it here for 25 years.

It's weird being the same age as old people.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I mean, we're not Clint Eastwood old, but we've been around the sun a few times...

Promoter of fog.

Cosmically speaking, none of us are old. And never will be.

Hearing they gave Intamin another shot at STR since they wouldn't let em touch TT2. The posters on PB convinced the black shirts to do it

That's an optimistic view I had not considered. Actually I have, but only to posit that we're cosmically irrelevant.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff:

They're finally building that roller coaster under the lake.

Will it have clear panels so we can see the green train from Millennium Force?

”Sh*t the Rapids” coming 2025. A more adult theme.

First ride; Magnum 1994

To me it seems like 2025 should focus on replacing the water slide complex they took out in CPS but the advertisement for this and the darker theme don’t seem like something you would do for a water slide complex or water park addition. Maybe they accelerated a 2026 project to make up for the bad press of TT2 just in case that isn’t even ready for 2025 (or ever).

Kevinj:

My guess is this is just for the replacement of the waterslides at CP Shores.

I dunno that they would do a marketing campaign this elaborate for some new waterslides, but I've been surprised before.

I didn't see anything in that clip to indicate this is a 2025 project. I wonder if the "Something Surfacing" on 9/19 isn't a 2025 announcement, but rather a new haunt for this year?

I new haunt would’ve been announced a few weeks ago, wouldn’t it?

Last edited by SRE123,

Very possibly, but you never know.

Global warming finally gonna raise the sea levels and make the entire park a water park?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Someone commented on Facebook that they saw surveyors near the old Cedars plot. Perhaps this is where the “new thing” is going, also considering that the teaser was shown just across the fence.

Considering that area has been bare for years, seems like the most logical place to build on next. I’m surprised it has been idle this long.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service