New For 2017: Cedar Point Shores Water Park

I agree, any type of water attraction wouldn't have the visual impact of a roller coaster arching over the entrance.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Although I like the new attractions to Cedar Point Skores, I am still surprised to this day that the coaster capital of the world does not have a water coaster in their water park. Baffles me. Also, it just seems like a no-brainer to relocate Liquid Lighting two hours down the highway. Would be a great attraction to CP Shores and a relatively small blueprint needed. I hope we hear about this once WWK closes officially.

^^Agreed on both points about the water coaster and a funnel/bowl type slide. Two marquee attractions that CP's waterpark will still be missing as of 2017. I'm hoping in future development the lazy river located closest to the wavepool is replaced with a funnel/bowl slide. That lazy river is, in my opinion, pointless and gross. I had to walk through it as my raft just stayed in one place bobbing up and down, then the bottom felt slimy. I couldn't wait to get out of it. That river is also quite large, it could easily be home to another slide complex or water coaster.

Two lazy rivers is redundant, kind of like when we used to have two Dodgems. I'm surprised both are surviving the transition to CP Shores.
Any chance we can get a clock AND a count down timer at the wave pool?

One is a lazy river and the other is a not so lazy river. They are two different experiences that serve different purposes. One just meanders around with very little in the way of water falling on you or waves in the channel. The other has a wave machine, waterfalls, water buckets, fountains, etc. that makes for a more active ride. They are both nice to have.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I agree with WolfBobs. No point having two lazy rivers. The not-so-lazy river is pointless in my opinion. It takes up a lot of room and really supplies no thrill that a river rapids ride should. One lazy river is fine. I'd rather see a water coaster and a bowl slide in it's place.

This is what I meant. I know they're different but if one of the two rivers can be removed in favor of a water coaster or funnel (something we don't already have) I'd rather see that happen.

Why not add a water coaster without removing a river? Those rivers a extremely popular with both being filled to capacity on a busy day. The rivers and the wave pool are probably the most popular and highest capacity activities at the water park and are great for families or people who don't care for the slides.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I happen to really like the not so lazy river it's where I spend most of my time while my kids are on the slides.

This would take a lot of work, but really take the place up a notch....

Demolish both lazy rivers and construct a gigantic one to go the perimeter of the park. That would actually free up a lot of the space taken up by the current renegade river.

That's incredibly long. How do parents feel about their kids circling 20+ acres at 2mph?

^ You've obviously never been to a Disney water park. You basically have a series of entrances/exits to the river throughout. It would honestly be a beautiful idea, but would probably cost as much as what they currently plan on spending.

Plus staff. Quite a few more guards would be needed on a river that size.

Ok, keep both rivers then. I'd still like a count down clock and a time clock at the wave pool.

What are these countdown clocks and time clocks for ?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

It's so you know exactly when the next wave is coming in the wave pool. It would make it so you're not waiting forever in the wave pool if you don't have to if you're just waiting for the waves.

I agree about the irony of a park known for world class thrills having mediocre ones at their waterpark. Master blaster and funnel are glaring omissions. But what about something like old speed slides, or slush gusher at blizzard beach, or the Banzai Triple Drop at Six Flags Atlantis? I mean a long body slide with speed and drops that you can actually utilize skill and technique to get a more thrilling ride and Airtime(!)
And, im not sure what the trade name is for the Der Stuka / Summit Plummet style of slide, but I think that should be a staple of any water thrill park.
Even the toboggan mat slides (not the racers, but the 3 twisty ones) at Blizzard Beach are much more thrilling than any slide at CP.
Lastly, while Master Blasters are cool conceptually, I think the ride itself is a bit boring. Unless you build one way too tall...

That is an awesome Idea.

DA20Pilot said:

I agree about the irony of a park known for world class thrills having mediocre ones at their waterpark.

I don't think it's irony, I think it's a company developing a product that suits its needs. The ride park delivers plenty of thrills.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas just announced Thunder Rapids Water Coaster. Now, this is a new water ride I would get excited about, and would be absolutely perfect for Cedar Point. Would fit in the not so-lazy river spot. The new slide complex is cool, but so common now. CP Shores needs something unique, new and exciting...the roller coaster of water slides.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service