New For 2017: Cedar Point Shores Water Park

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/2017-season-pass-offers

I tried posting the link in my earlier post but I guess it didn't go through. The FL isn't available on Saturdays.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

Another interesting nugget: I'm a CP pass holder this year. If I upgrade to Platinum for 2017 I get Platinum Perks at CP & SC for the rest of 2016... That's pretty sweet because I was going to upgrade my 2016 pass as it's cheaper than 6 days of parking at $20/day for our Labor Day & Columbus Day trips.

ROUNDABOUND.

XS NightClub said:

I know people on here that utilize SC lot now as free Preffered parking won't want this, but they were already doing parking control in July at the SC lot from overflowing into hotel lots.

With the CPS upgrade attracting more guests, along with Preffered parking, and hotel expansion it is logical for them to control the parking to be utilized for where it is intended.

That they were doing some - sporadic, according to folks around here - crowd control during the busiest time of the year is in no way an indication that they'll be doing that all year long. Outside of that busiest time, what you're suggesting makes absolutely no sense.

Brandon

Here's a question: would I be able to use my free fastlane at another park, like Kings Island or Canada's Wonderland, or does it have to be Cedar Point? Also, what happens if you have a wildwater kingdom platinum pass?

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

You could just try renewing your pass through Kings Island's website.

Go Intamin said:
Here's a question: would I be able to use my free fastlane at another park, like Kings Island or Canada's Wonderland, or does it have to be Cedar Point? Also, what happens if you have a wildwater kingdom platinum pass?

Good question. I would love to have a FL for CW, and a BaF for CP...

With the current exchange rate, a FLP for CW costs peanuts.

Wow, you're right. It's only around $39 for a fastlane plus at CW. That's around a third what CP charges.

Last edited by Go Intamin,

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

A platinum pass is a platinum pass. You will always be able to use it at any park until it expires. My pass says Cedar Fair on the front with a tiny CP logo on the back. If Cedar Point should close tomorrow I will still be able to use it at Kings Island, Carowinds, or where ever.

So, really, really late to the party in this thread. It's not even fashionable at this point.

That said, what another remarkable and impressive announcement for next year. I wasn't surprised at all by the addition of a new water slide complex, in fact I even guessed it would be a "trap-door" type slide simply because they are the all the rage, but what I certainly did not count on is the degree of change we are about to be able to enjoy. This re-branding and complete overhaul of the water-park is wonderful. The new family area with the dozen slides looks amazing, and so perfect for families like ours.

I love the CP Shores name; taking away the generic "Soak City" (which was fine in its day) and making the name more meaningful for Cedar Point itself is a welcome change.

Promoter of fog.

I agree, Cedar Point Shores is a great name. (And, maybe, a tip of the hat to the first businesses to operate on the peninsula, bathhouses catering to guests enjoying the beach?)

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I'm sorry, but can someone please explain all the hate for Ripcord and why it's such a waste of land, and belongs at the bottom of Lake Erie, etc?

Even though I am admittedly not a "water park guy", I really like the additions, and re-brand, of Soak City! I can actually see myself going there next year at least once, to try out the new drop slides. I also like what they've done with the overall layout, adding the preferred lot, as well as a new, nicer Soak City entrance.

On top of that, a big thing I figured they were to do with the attention being turned to this part of the park, was create a better "back entrance", and they have indeed done that with this renovation! Gone is the whole "back alley" vibe of the old rear entrance, as well as the awkward strolling along Perimeter Rd. for those parking in the "Gemini Lot" (well, there's a little of that still, but it's reduced.) I like the wide open midway between all the different areas, as well as the new gate on the park side of Perimeter Rd. If the tunnel is indeed gone as well, that's all the better from an appearance standpoint too. While I had thought they'd maybe re-do the rear entrance with the new MS, this serves that purpose as well, and also likely eliminates the need for another entrance.

They did create another "gate coaster", essentially, as Magnum will now serve in that function, situated directly above the gate as the trains return with their excited riders. The main lift will also tower above all who enter, much as it had before, but I suspect with everything opened up back there next year, it will be all more striking visually. Weighing in on the whole Magnum exit/photo booth conversation, I have to agree that it appears the booth is still going to be there, in a covered extension off the side of the new entrance gates. You'll go down the exit ramps as always, and then just turn left, go through an exit turnstile (or something similar), and then go through the photo area. If anything, this setup actually requires that guests have to go through the photo area, rather than eliminating the Magnum photos, as some first thought.

All in all, a nice addition to that area of the park, and at least an improvement on a lackluster Soak City (it still seems a little lacking, even after all this, but maybe there will be more in future years,) The resort improvements seem like fine moves, for those who utilize such things, though I am not one of those people. I look forward to 2018, and whatever rises from the remains of the Mean Streak area. I know we won't know until after MS's funeral, but I still suspect we'll be informed some time before the close of the season at the end of October.

I *am* one of those people. I'm looking forward to Saturday - going to CP and spending the day on the beach and resort area. Bringing a soft cooler/beach bag with some snacks, a couple of beers and whatever. We'll probably drop in the park later in the day, grab some food truck food and a Magnum ride if the line's short - but We're going to use what's available and just relax.

DILravn said:

They did create another "gate coaster", essentially, as Magnum will now serve in that function, situated directly above the gate as the trains return with their excited riders. The main lift will also tower above all who enter, much as it had before, but I suspect with everything opened up back there next year, it will be all more striking visually.

I was a little surprised and disappointed that they didn't do the same thing with Cedar Point Shores' new entrance. Perfect opportunity to put a water coaster / hyrdo-blaster over the new entrance. Instead we get a modernized Choo Choo Lagoon. :-/

Oh well, I'm still hopeful some additions like this will happen:

samosuband said:
I'm sorry, but can someone please explain all the hate for Ripcord and why it's such a waste of land, and belongs at the bottom of Lake Erie, etc?

Because it's a waste of land that belongs at the bottom of Lake Erie. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

SkyCoaster rides can be fun, especially at Kings Island where you can ride inexpensively in the morning on slow days. I never have done RipCord, as I always have better things to spend $40 on.

^^ it's also an incredibly large low capacity waste of space eyesore.

The space that thing occupies would be better used by keeping burning hot coals on it while breeding angry and aggressive hornets from suspended nests...

I've never ridden Ripcord at CP because I rode the worlds largest in Orlando years ago, and never saw the need to ride a much smaller version elsewhere - unless somebody else was footing the bill, that is! ;)

JeffH said:

I was a little surprised and disappointed that they didn't do the same thing with Cedar Point Shores' new entrance. Perfect opportunity to put a water coaster / hyrdo-blaster over the new entrance.

I don't believe having a water slide/coaster go over the entrance would have the same visual impact as a coaster.

1. Unless you use a transparent slide, you really aren't going to see anything going on.

2. Many people enter the park in their regular clothes, holding towels, pushing babies in strollers, etc. I'm sure those people aren't ready to get wet yet, which would be a possibility if there's a water ride directly overhead.

3. I'll probably think of more as I think about it a bit.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service