New for 2006 - Skyhawk

I agree with Front Seat Rider. I think the blog was misleading. I hear ya Walt, but I think some of the posts in the blog were misleading. With the key element to SkyHawk sitting in the parking lot, they should have announced it sooner. Instead, I think we were lead to believe with the stacks of wood that something more was coming. CP is a great park, and I'm happy they take care of their old rides, but it's nothing to tease us about either.

I think all the negativity will settle once construction starts and we realize what a great ride this will be. I think most of us were hoping for just a tad more than what we already knew.

The blog had to redirect our thoughts to other possibilities. And they will do so in the future. They cannot hint very strongly toward next year's attraction while the park is still open, or they'd risk hurting this year's attendance if they gave it away.

They do have a responsibility to those who own stock, er units or whatever. ;)

*** Edited 10/31/2005 7:25:05 PM UTC by djDaemon***

Brandon

I have no idea what you are upset about. Both dorney and knotts have a screaming swing and a frisbee(Revolution). Plus I have ridden the swing at dorney and its doesnt have the same feeling as maXair, it gives you alot more air time.

Walt said:
And with everybody moaning about the high food prices all year, how about a little credit for freezing or lowering all food prices for 2006?

I think this along with the admission cuts is the bigger move actually.Much like Holiday Worlds free pop, the essentially free cotton candy being spun on the midway will get some people talking!

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

^And Walt reiterates a few reasons why I'm lurking on this site more than contributing... If I were to contribute my posts would look alot like his!

You can only please some of the people some of the time.

twitter.com/tommy_penner

Walt said:
[A whole lot of stuff]

Dang. Best. Rant. Evar.com.

I couldn't agree more. Personally, I *do* look forward to Gemini repairs. It means it'll be there longer and can be something that, hopefully, I can enjoy with my kids in a few years.

*** Edited 10/31/2005 7:29:01 PM UTC by Michael Darling***

With the key element to SkyHawk sitting in the parking lot, they should have announced it sooner. Instead, I think we were lead to believe with the stacks of wood that something more was coming.

You're assuming that the staging area in the parking lot was meant to be a tease. The announcement date is different than the construction schedule. The marketing department did what they needed to do looking out for the interest of public disclosure. From the viewpoint of construction, the maintenance department did what they need to do looking out for the interest of getting things done on time. They're working on different timelines and for different reasons.

*** Edited 10/31/2005 7:31:46 PM UTC by Walt***

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Just what we need, cheap sugar buzzes.

I still don't think this is the best ride for the area. I thought a top-spin could fit in very nicely back there, especially with water jets to get the riders. I'm sure it'll be interesting in its own way, and I'll check it out, but I'm just a bit disappointed in the choice of ride.

T&T, I would also like to thank you for your posts. Some have been not so great (I didn't care about price changes) but you can't be going "Behind the Scenes" on coasters every day either. I'm looking forward to all the offseason coverage, not only on construction but also on rehabs and the maintenance to all the trains. Also, with the addition of the blog, does this mean no construction diary from Monty?

The empty lot where WWL stood will be depressing to say the least, especially with nothing to fill the gap for next year (I can only hope they rectify the situation by 2007).

Goodbye MrScott

John

Why tear down WWL now, especially since Skyhawk isn't even going near where WWL is. Makes no sense unless they've got to do that much prep for the coaster in '07. They should've kept it up at least another year.

Gemini Crew '04
Gemini Crew '05

Peple it's not like they took out Millennim Force to put this in. It's a very small piece of propety that a coaster wouldnt fit in. I mean at least were getting a new ride.

Whaaaa? WWL takes up a pretty good chunk of land, for those of you that have (apparently) never been to CP. ;)

Brandon

I know I'm not overly excited about the Skyhawk, but it looks like it will be fun and something DIFFERENT. It seemed like all CP did was build bigger and bigger coasters. Now they are adding smaller rides that offer a different kind of thrill. I like that. What is in store for the area that WWL once occupied? Who knows. Like Walt said this isn't Roller Coaster Tycoon where you can build 30 coasters and 2 flat rides. I like what CP is doing and look forward to riding Skyhawk in 2006 as a Season Pass Holder.

djDaemon I was talking about the site where Sky hawk is going. *** Edited 10/31/2005 8:02:10 PM UTC by RICHARD LYMAN***

I'm sure it will be fun. We know its different than maXair but the few people I showed the news to already compared it to maXair. Even a news report I saw already compared it to maXair.

Why does several people think the ride is cheap and that the park should have got more rides? Skyhawk is costing the park $6 million. For nearly the same price Holiday World is getting the Voyage. Skyhawk ain't cheap.

Like I said I'm sure it will be a fun ride, but why remove White Water Landings(family ride) and add a non-family ride?
*** Edited 10/31/2005 8:04:40 PM UTC by CoasterRider310***

Maybe because the removal of White Water Landing has nothing to do with Skyhawk?

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

**Steps up onto soapbox**

You know, it's funny. Dick Kinzel said in the Podcast how the park really listens to what the community (park-goers) have to say about what goes on at the park. I've been on this site since the announcement of Millennium Force, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Cedar Point needs a wider variety of flat rides." Well, Mr. Kinzel and the rest of the higher-ups listened. As of next year, they will have put in two amazing flat rides that boost the park's variety of flat rides. They're putting in what WE all asked for, and now many people are upset. Dick Kinzel probably feels like the parent of a 16 year old girl in a mall who wants everything from every store, and no matter what he buys, she's still pissed at him. That is, if he even cares that much about what we think. Cedar Point makes every effort to put in what they think will make us (the guests, NOT the enthusiasses) happy. From the standpoint of a "regular" guest, CP just added another world class ride to their already outstanding lineup. I can't wait until we get over our 16 year old girl mentality.

I, for one, can't wait to ride Skyhawk.

Thank you Cedar Point for an amazing 2005 season, and I look forward to next year's improvements. Thanks also for listening to and caring about what we want to see in the park.

**Steps off of soapbox**

Jeff Young

When I got off WWL last night around 7:45 Dick Kinzel was there with his wife. We stopped and talked to him and he said he called the ride's designer and told him he said goodbye for him. We said we would miss it and he guranteed us something great will take its place.

Another thing I think that this is a great addition to the park. This ride looks really fun. This ride has lap bars not big bulky shoulder harnesses like Maxair. You will have a great view from this ride.

Tony and Tyler keep up the great work. I love reading the blog. I hope you continue the great work through the offseason. *** Edited 10/31/2005 8:17:47 PM UTC by CPFan420***

Walt said:
Maybe because the removal of White Water Landing has nothing to do with Skyhawk?

Never said it did, I was merely commenting on the 2006 plans. I'm just saying that the site is most likely being prepared for some big fancy roller coaster - a non-family ride replacing a family ride.

Michael Darling said:

Walt said:
[A whole lot of stuff]

Dang. Best. Rant. Evar.com.

Agree 100%.

I'm personally excited. It doesn't even look close to Maxair, at least to me, the only similarity is that they swing back and forth. I could list all the differences, but I shall not, for the sake of space. Did any of you ZOMG FEIV HUNJRD FOOTS people think that maybe this is just a holdover to the big 07 ride? I dunno, I don't really care, looking forward to riding this (although I can't say too much for the color choices).

I'm a little confused as to the placement though. I can tell that it's somewhere around SRF, the Town Hall building, and Cedar Creek Mine Ride.. o_0 those three don't really correlate in my mind. I might just be terrible with directions, but eh..

2008 - Games (Area 3/Scales)
2009 - Games Supervisor
2010 - Season pass holder.

Lower prices on food is enough for me, but lower admission and Skyhawk, not that bad. I'm thrilled to see some action going on in the back of the park, along with a hit in the face by CP telling us they care about the guest and they're fixing what made them unhappy (food prices and admission).

Skyhawk looks fun and I'll be there opening weekend.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service