Mean Streak 2012

^I've had that happen to me on Mantis several times and Raptor once, so your comment about B&M is very accurate.

I rode everything yesterday, Mean Streak was suprisingly fast, and not nearly as rough, imho it was actually pretty good. The first turn was the best that I can remember.

Everthing was pretty smooth yesterday.... everything but Mine Ride, which is now by far the most painful in the park

I wish they would take the trim off the first drop so I can see what it was like to ride Mean streak back in 91... I have some roller coaster VHS and the pov looks amazing! I know this has been answered already, but why did they put a trim on the first drop? Too rough without it? Too many g's on the first turn and it was damaging the track?

Yes, yes and yes.

clevelander said:
Yes, yes and yes.

Well that sucks! I love roller coasters that kick your butt!

Were you a big Son of Beast fan? lol

I rode this last week. The first part of the ride seemed less spine busting than in the past but after the turn around under the lift hill I thought it was worse than it used it be.

I found the last turn right before the mid-course brakes to be the most rough part of the ride. It started out great, then gets decent again. But just in case your neck and vertebrae didn't suffer enough they slam the brakes at the end so you get some nice whiplash. Mean Streak can't have you getting off the ride without feeling a little pain!

I rode Mean Streak on the 23rd and the trims were off. I know you'll all start yelling at me saying i'm full of it but i'm not joking.

I was at the Spring Ace Conference and rode MS 8 times in a row during the ERT and it was slowed down to the point where there was NO air time but it was a very smooth ride.

When I rode it 2 days ago the trims were off and we went FLYING through the course what seemed like almost twice as fast as in spring. It was also twice as rough. Once again once I got off I could barley walk and I had the worst headache in the world. On the plus side I did feel a few brief moments of air time.

The facts: In spring I rode green train and yellow train different seats including the very front and very back. 2 days ago I was on red train with a full load of people in the front half NOT sitting over the wheels.

So how do you all want it. Unrid-able with air time? or rid able with no air time. Better yet "dismantle" it and use its parts to fix up SOB.

I am an SOB fan my only regret is I haven't gotten to ride it WITH the loop. Hopefully they fix it up.

I can confirm what Tim M. has said. Mean Streak's trims were off on my visit on the 21st. It still didn't really seem like any better of a ride, but it did speed around the first two curves better.

Tim M. said:
I rode Mean Streak on the 23rd and the trims were off. I know you'll all start yelling at me saying i'm full of it but i'm not joking.

I was at the Spring Ace Conference and rode MS 8 times in a row during the ERT and it was slowed down to the point where there was NO air time but it was a very smooth ride.

When I rode it 2 days ago the trims were off and we went FLYING through the course what seemed like almost twice as fast as in spring. It was also twice as rough. Once again once I got off I could barley walk and I had the worst headache in the world. On the plus side I did feel a few brief moments of air time.

The facts: In spring I rode green train and yellow train different seats including the very front and very back. 2 days ago I was on red train with a full load of people in the front half NOT sitting over the wheels.

So how do you all want it. Unrid-able with air time? or rid able with no air time. Better yet "dismantle" it and use its parts to fix up SOB.

I am an SOB fan my only regret is I haven't gotten to ride it WITH the loop. Hopefully they fix it up.

I can confirm this also, as I rode it on the twenty-third too. With the trim off, it went considerably faster, and it was a LOT rougher. Whatever Cedar Point did to it in the off-season trying to fix it, I don't think it is any better AT ALL. If anything, it's worse. Oh well, at least they tried...

Favorite CP Roller Coasters:
1- Millennium Force
2- Top Thrill Dragster
3- Magnum XL-200
4- Gemini
5- Mean Streak

Having always been a fan of MS, I was both sad and glad to hear MS was retracked and smoother. I love woodies and the rougher the better, but MS was a bit too rough the last few years, I hoped is wasn't going to be too smooth. I am very happy with the work that was done. Yes its still rough but no you don't need the mandatory chiropractor after riding anymore. I rode 5 times in a row very back seat Gold train on the 22nd. Trimless! Was a very enjoyable ride. Mid course break run slows the train down way too much and makes the rest of the ride very boring.

When i rode it on the s were off 2nd i thought the trims were off but i said nahhh cant be... but i remember the first turn being awesome

Aside from Mean Streak's aesthetics, it does nothing for me. I've had terrible rides on it where I've been in excruciating pain for most of it, and I've had meh rides. Never a good ride. I've only been on Son of Beast two or three times and I didn't mind it. I rode it post-loop. They weren't great rides, but they also didn't compare to the terrible rides I've had on MS. The look of SOB was just kind of breathtaking. That being said, I'm very indifferent to both of them. Take em or leave em.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service