Mean Streak 2012

Mean Streak was noticeably smoother this year. Very little roughness and jabbing throughout the whole ride. Loved it.

Given that is it wood, mother nature will takes its toll on the structure and track. That's why wooded coasters constantly get work done nearly every off season.

It's certainly smoother. All the banging through the first two turns is completely gone, and that translates into a much better ride for the rest of the course. It's still a pretty dull ride though.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

It started out good last year, but quickly returned to its typical ruff ride.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I disagree

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I have not enjoyed Mean Streak for some time, but actually rode it back to back times on Saturday. We'll see how it holds up through the season but for right now I think they did an excellent job. Can't wait to ride again.

I remember the first time I went to CP was the year Raptor opend so 94? MS was my fav ride I loved it. It has gotten rough but I have still enjoyed it. Last year it seemed a lot better I hope it is back to closer to its past glory. It was a great ride and I hate to see people talk bad about it. I have great memories of it.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Also, is Mean Streak running 2 or 3 trains this year?

Three trains. Still too **** slow especially on the second and third hills. Cedar Point will tell you they have a persistent gauging problem up there, but in my opinion it isn't a gauge problem, but a speed problem. If the train were moving faster, the gauge up there would not matter.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Wow! I'm surprised I didn't see that mentioned! I didn't think we'd ever see 3 trains on MS again. Apparently CP was actually serious about improving capacity.

RideMan, would you say the painful jack hammering and general roughness that people complain so much about is gone this year?

The jack hammering seemed to be gone this year. And the front seats of the cars are the choice seats for the best ride. That being said the ride is still a long not so eventful ride by design.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

I can honestly say that I really enjoyed mean streak this year.

^ the 500ft woodie will need a long lift hill lol

Smooth or rough, it's still boring. :)

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Eh, I think I'm done riding the tallest and fastest wooden coaster in the park. It was definitely smoother; there is no doubt about that. That said, it was literally crawling through the over-banked turns, zero air time, zero thrill, and nothing at all memorable about the ride.

Promoter of fog.

I would rather have it go slowly over those banks than have it be rough and my insides rearanged/.

Yes. But, if it goes through the turns fast enough, it will ride on the outside set of wheels and be much smoother.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

We rode next to last car and did find it much smoother. But still slow, slumbering ride.

The smoothness of Mean Streak is outstanding this year. When I rode last Sunday I thought it was very close to what it was when it was new.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I would not argue with that at all, but it was painfully slow. In fact, I was actually wondering if we were going to make it through the second over-banked turn when I rode. It was really that slow.

Promoter of fog.

I was actually wondering if we were going to make it through the second over-banked turn when I rode.

MeanStreak rollbacks WOO HOO!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service