Mean Streak 2012

So, it's that time again...the excitement of a new season of Cedar Point and the changes that can be found within.

One of the things I'm most excited about is actually Mean Streak. I'm predicting that MS will give some of the smoothest, most enjoyable rides it has given in years.

I felt it was already vastly improved last year (mainly the jarring first turn was repaired), but I imagine there was heavy maintenance on the few remaining rough hills and valleys. If the Beast at KI is any indication, we're in for a treat this year.

So, how was your 2012 Mean Streak ride? Please leave the general hate about MS behind (the layout, etc.). I thought we all did a great job outlining the changes and improvements to the ride experience in last year's thread.

Honestly, I really never even saw a difference last year... I predict the same old MS this year...

I loved Mean Streak last year. So much so that I rode it around 10 or 15 times through the season. I can't wait to see the improvements this year as well.

I had a better experience last season early in the year. It was much better the previous few+ seasons. Looking forward to my trip Fri to see more improvements.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Well I was about to head to mean streak, but currently the queue is down. Apparently a electrician is working in the queue.

I really hope it will be smoother this year. I've ben wanting to take my 7 year old cousin on it but I was afraid it would be too rough for her.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Mean Streak is really whipping this year. Flying through the course (compared to normal). Which is resulting in a lot less bashing and banging around turns.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Give it time.

My girlfriend and I rode Mean Streak yesterday and it was AMAZING! I never enjoyed myself on that ride in so long! It was so good, that we ended up getting right back in line a second time! However, the stupid trims are still on the first hill. But the course was so smooth!

If only they would grease the rails like coasters from the 70's/80's...that baby would probably be awesome.

Last edited by BayernKurve,

I had some very nice rides today myself. Few pops of air in different places depending on where you sit.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Call me a naysayer, but I didn't think it was that great. I'd agree that it's smoother, but in terms of the speed, I thought it was still a really boring ride with no airtime whatsoever.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Why do I feel like I've read this thread before?

Promoter of fog.

I'm calling it. By late June, Mean Streak complaints with be the exact same as they always are.

How do you figure? I personally had a ride on MS toward the end of the season last year, and I felt the first turn (which received the heavy maintenance) was still exceptionally smooth over previous years, completely free of the familiar jack hammering.

The ones that were whining about MS last year were mostly those who claimed the ride still sucks and has always...that it has a boring layout, pacing etc. That's not what this thread is for; it's about pointing out the the change in roughness or ride experience over previous years.

I'll provide my annual Mean Streak analysis after tomorrow afternoon.

:)

I'm sure you're all holding your breath.

Promoter of fog.

I look forward to riding it tomorrow and finding out how it turns out.

Just another coaster junkie at Point Buzz

Rode Mean Streak twice today on two different trains in two different seats and I have to say it's so much more smoother! I would have rode it more, but I wanted to get more rides in from other rides in the park. Cedar Point if your reading this, Great Job!!

Rode Meanie today, very little trims on, if any. Speed throughout the ride, and an enjoyable ride.

Actually looking forward to your analysis, Kevin. I'm itching to go to CP, so hopefully I can make it soon and post my own review.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far though! Regardless of the common hate I see for the ride, I think it's very enjoyable when running well, especially in the front seat. The little to no wait is just bonus.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service