Just got my 2007 Season Pass

I scanned the letter if anyones interested:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7585/letterra2.jpg

I’m glad I’m just going to the season pass center instead of this confusion over the renewal by mail thing.:P
Fluffy, it says as long as the pass holder is in the vehicle....not whether or not the pass holder is driving. So you shouldn’t have to worry. Just be in the car, that's all you need to worry about.......well that AND remember to have you pass on you.:) *** Edited 3/6/2007 3:20:53 AM UTC by TTD 120mph***

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Thanks so much BRIAN for scanning and posting this info for us. It seems like things are looking up for us.

This makes me think of a new question. When they were talking parking stickers, for a certain fee they were offering a second sticker for a second vehicle in the same household. Is this something that will also be available with the "parking on the pass" feature? It would be great if the two of us in my household could get parking on the pass for the one price plus an extra fee. That would make it very convenient.

Looks like I'll have to call the season pass center when I get mine in the mail.

*** Edited 3/6/2007 3:04:22 PM UTC by cyberdman***

cyberdman

It would be great if the two of us in my household could get parking on the pass for the one price without an extra fee.

I've had a season parking pass for more than 20 years. I'd hate to see a change that has the effect of paying even a little extra to park one vehicle.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Touche! Yeah, that would be great, but of course as long as we are wishing why not just make parking free ... and soft drinks and sunscreen free too. Oh wait, yeah I forgot that is another park altogether. ;)

cyberdman

I'm not wishing for anything new. :) I just don't want to pay extra for what's been standard since they started selling parking passes long ago, in order to appease a different group or to accommodate new technology.

I'm not against expanding how it works or using new technology. It seems to me that this can be a win-win, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Walt, they will not be handing out any stickers. We had an issue because we purchased our passes from Dominion last year in the fall and also purchased the all Ohio parking when it was a sticker.

Now that they aren't offering the sticker it screwed everything up because they can't get the all Ohio parking on our Dominion passes. I asked if they were just going to still offer the sticker if some wanted it and they said no. I was just happy that they finally realized some people can and will have Maxx Passes from other parks outside of Ohio and still want the Ohio parking pass. There was nothing in the stipulations about having to have an Ohio based Maxx Pass to get the parking for Ohio.

It's resolved now and all is well. I'm still curious if they'll offer a discounted rate if you want to put parking on a second pass provided you can prove they live in the same household.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

I understand that. I'm not talking about stickers, though. What I'm saying is that the second person in the same household shouldn't have to pay extra. Or use the technology to allow anyone to use the parking pass, but only once per household per day. Otherwise, it's a step back from previous seasons.

*** Edited 3/6/2007 5:40:33 PM UTC by Walt***

But that second person in the household is parking a second car. Why wouldn't you expect to pay an extra fee to get the parking on their pass?

I see your point for your situation where it's not always the same parent bringing the kids but you have to look at it like I just stated also.

If they can program it so that say, you use your pass today, your wife can't come later in the same day and use hers also, that would work. As long as the pass that's used that day can leave and come back it would be fine. If they made it where one pass can be used per household per day and there's no re-entry, that would also be a step backward.

Ride on, MrScott!

I don't think its that complicated - he just wants what he's always gotten, without having to pay more money.

Brandon

^ what happens if Dad was driving in but then Mom's the one who leaves with the naughty or sick kid while Dad stay's behind with the one who's behaving. Is Mom going to have to pay 10 bucks just to pick up Dad at 8?

Goodbye MrScott

John

That person isn't parking a second car. She's parking the same car, just not in the presence of the household's designated parking pass holder.

But what you mention is actually how it worked in the recent past. You bought a pass for your car. If you wanted the ability to use multiple cars, you paid a little extra. Sounds logical to me! Why move away from that? (Move away from the concept, that is. I don't care if they move away from windshield stickers.)

I'm not looking for a special rule to meet my specific needs. It's always been a "pay this price to park your vehicle for the season" system. A lot of people don't care if they can take 300 different cars or that their window is sticker free. But I care if I have to pay twice (discounted or not) to park one vehicle, just because the person who was selected to hold the parking pass might not always be in it.

I don't want to see what was merely a perk offered for a few seasons completely replace what's worked for 25+ years. But like I said, I don't see why it can't be win-win.

JuggaLotus said:
Is Mom going to have to pay 10 bucks just to pick up Dad at 8?

There's never been, nor will there ever be, a system that covers every possible exception.

*** Edited 3/6/2007 6:24:08 PM UTC by Walt***

JuggaLotus said:
Is Mom going to have to pay 10 bucks just to pick up Dad at 8?

I faced almost the same issue last year. I had the parking on my pass. My wife and I went to CoasterMania and rode ERT first thing in the morning. Later she got tired and wanted to nap back at the hotel for a while at the same time I stayed in the park to ride with other friends. Knowing they might have an issue on her re-entry into the parking lot after her nap, I had her stop by the booth on her way out to explain the dilemma. They still wanted her to pay the parking fee when she returned anyway. I already paid (by way of my parking pass) for that car to park in the lot earlier in the day. Why should she have to pay? She returned by herself after already being in the park - it was not like she was bringing a load of kids in with her to get free parking.

cyberdman

If you had a windshield sticker, you wouldn't have had a problem. ;)

(couldn't resist :) )

If you're just picking someone up, or dropping them off, they'll ask you to pay the parking fee, and then you may stop at the main toll booth on your way out and they'll refund your money... At least, that's the way it used to be.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

They should just give the option to add a second pass to your parking provided they can prove same residence.

Charge the same as what they were going to for the second sticker. Problem solved.

Ride on, MrScott!

I agree with that Loopy. Let's hope they do that.

cyberdman

Loopy said:
Problem solved.

Only if my posts in this thread are invisible.

Somebody hear a breeze blowing? ;)

Goodbye MrScott

John

Nope, nothing.

I thought I might have heard a Nittany Lion growl, but that turned out to be nothing...

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service